TeafromTaiwan "Official" Oolong Tea Topic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

May 4th, '11, 14:07

Re: TeafromTaiwan "Official" Oolong Tea Topic

by teaisme » May 4th, '11, 14:07

I agree the shi zuo was lighter, I think one of my pots is very well suited for it's style of tea, and not so much the slx, maybe that's why I enjoyed the shi zuo more , didn't have enough to try in different pots though

May 25th, '11, 05:21

by dangert » May 25th, '11, 05:21

TFT logistics: does anyone experiences the same?

1. I have tried to order their standard 75g package as 3x25g bags. I actually think any good tea should be better individually packed, but 25g is small enough. The shop refused to do so stating 75g is the smallest they can do. Now we all know TFT sells 7g samples...

2. I have placed my order on May 14 and received the confirmation of shipping on May, 24. Is it just me that thinks it takes longer than norm?

May 25th, '11, 07:26
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » May 25th, '11, 07:26

dangert wrote:TFT logistics: does anyone experiences the same?

1. I have tried to order their standard 75g package as 3x25g bags. I actually think any good tea should be better individually packed, but 25g is small enough. The shop refused to do so stating 75g is the smallest they can do. Now we all know TFT sells 7g samples...

2. I have placed my order on May 14 and received the confirmation of shipping on May, 24. Is it just me that thinks it takes longer than norm?
I just checked my email archives, and I placed my TFT order on 6 May, and I got the shipping confirmation on 12 May.

This was my first order from them, and I was pretty happy with the experience, and the tea has been great.

As to the question about smaller sizes, I ordered 5 teas at 75g each. These came in bags that were vacuum packed, but about 1/5th of the way full. I could imagine they don't want to go much smaller using those bags... however, I haven't ordered samples from them, so I can't speak to how those come and why they can't do that for every tea. Sorry!

May 26th, '11, 12:40

by teaisme » May 26th, '11, 12:40

it took about 4-5 days for them to ship my order last time, not too slow not too fast

I'm pretty sure if they had the bags on them they wouldn't mind packaging them for you, but selling 25g bags is just not very common for oolong in taiwan. A lot of times the bags sold are 150g+. Over there what a lot of local drinkers find to be good cheap everyday high mountain tea international retailers relabel as boutique and mark it up high, selling them in small quantity.
dangert wrote:I actually think any good tea should be better individually packed
Really not necessary for taiwanese oolongs unless you plan to keep for long time and drink like once a week/month. Its extra money,time, and packaging...
dangert wrote:75g is the smallest they can do. Now we all know TFT sells 7g samples...
What do 7g samples have to do with them being able to offer 25g bags? The sample bags are real small...10g max.

Has anyone tried their boazong?

Jun 22nd, '11, 04:58

Praise for customer service

by dangert » Jun 22nd, '11, 04:58

I have placed an order with TFT in May, asking to declare $45 value on the parcel (actual tea value was a little higher) in order to get away from greedy hands of customs (everything from $50 is subject to customs duty and VAT in Israel). When I received the tea I was still required to pay customs duty because of unclear customs declaration that was interpreted as $70.

I have immediately contacted TFT. Ross from TFT immediately admitted it is an oversight on their side and credited me the full amount for my next purchase. Kudos!

Apr 30th, '12, 23:27

by Tead Off » Apr 30th, '12, 23:27

TFT continue to be high on my vendor list for Taiwan oolongs. The Dong Ding 2011 winter is superb. Also the DYL is terrific stuff. The only tea I was a bit disappointed with was the Long Feng Xia from winter 2011. I thought it wasn't as deep as I've had before. Overall, TFT's quality is still quite high. Price is not cheap, though.

May 3rd, '12, 18:41
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Praise for customer service

by Chip » May 3rd, '12, 18:41

dangert wrote:I have placed an order with TFT in May, asking to declare $45 value on the parcel (actual tea value was a little higher) in order to get away from greedy hands of customs (everything from $50 is subject to customs duty and VAT in Israel). When I received the tea I was still required to pay customs duty because of unclear customs declaration that was interpreted as $70.

I have immediately contacted TFT. Ross from TFT immediately admitted it is an oversight on their side and credited me the full amount for my next purchase. Kudos!
Actually asking a vendor to do this and then posting about it on an internet forum is not being fair to the vendor.

I don't know what laws would apply to country of origin, but I would think this could instigate a local customs investigation and possible fines or loss of export privileges.

Of course, being in the USA at this point in time is pretty nice, basically no customs on items for personal use.

Jun 25th, '15, 08:39

by Bubba_tea » Jun 25th, '15, 08:39

Hi all - does anyone have any comments from the current selection at TFT?

+ Post Reply