Tea in Seoul

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

May 31st, '11, 13:12
Scrolling: fixed

Tea in Seoul

by xmfi » May 31st, '11, 13:12

I am going to be in Seoul for the summer (mid-June through early August) and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for places to try good Korean green tea. I've heard of Sam Hwa Ryong in Insadong, but that's about it.

I'm not looking exclusively for green tea-- the green tea forum just seemed like the most logical place to post this (mods, please move if you think there is somewhere better)-- but I'm definitely looking for actual tea. I can buy corn, chrysanthemum, etc. tisanes easily enough in Seattle. Decent Camellia sinensis, on the other hand...

May 31st, '11, 14:01

Re: Tea in Seoul

by Tead Off » May 31st, '11, 14:01

xmfi wrote:I am going to be in Seoul for the summer (mid-June through early August) and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for places to try good Korean green tea. I've heard of Sam Hwa Ryong in Insadong, but that's about it.

I'm not looking exclusively for green tea-- the green tea forum just seemed like the most logical place to post this (mods, please move if you think there is somewhere better)-- but I'm definitely looking for actual tea. I can buy corn, chrysanthemum, etc. tisanes easily enough in Seattle. Decent Camellia sinensis, on the other hand...
On Insadong, there are a few tea cafes above the shops that you can go into, sit down, and, order teas off the menu. They bring you a tray with a thermos, teapot, server, and, cups, along with the tea leaves that you ordered. At the street level, there are a few shops that are selling tea and some that will let you taste. Just walk around and keep your eyes open.

Jun 1st, '11, 00:14
Scrolling: fixed

by xmfi » Jun 1st, '11, 00:14

Thanks! I'll make sure to take pictures wherever I wind up. :)

Jun 1st, '11, 00:42

by SlientSipper » Jun 1st, '11, 00:42

Try some Sae-Jak
Really good quality tea.
expect a high price. They mostly have green teas over there in Korea.
If I am not mistaken that is.

+ Post Reply