Hello from South Korea

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

May 31st, '11, 20:31

Hello from South Korea

by AdamTea » May 31st, '11, 20:31

Hi everyone,

I'm an American living in South Korea. I've been drinking tea for a few years but have gotten into it more seriously while living in Asia. Currently drinking some spring Korean and Japanese greens as well as an occasional oolong.

I've seen some of you are into Korean teaware. I haven't collected much here yet, but definitely will invest in a nice set before I head back to the US.

cheers,
Adam

May 31st, '11, 21:05
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Hello from South Korea

by Chip » May 31st, '11, 21:05

Welcome to TeaChat Adam. Hopefully you will post photos, tea related or otherwise.

See you around the forum. Share what is in your cup on TeaDay!

May 31st, '11, 23:44

by karmaplace » May 31st, '11, 23:44

Welcome from a fellow American in Korea!

If you would like to stock up on Korean wares, the best places to check would be Insadong in Seoul, a local tea store (if you can find one), or you can go to one of the many tea festivals (the best choice).

The next tea festival is in Seoul from June 3rd until the 6th at COEX, the Tea World Festival.

The next I know of is the Ganjin Celadon Festival which is from July 30th until August 7th.

You can also experience Korean tea etiquette at Changgyeonggun Palace in Seoul every first and third Saturday until October.

I hope you find some great wares and that you're enjoying Korea. :mrgreen:

Jun 1st, '11, 02:03

by AdamTea » Jun 1st, '11, 02:03

Thanks for the greetings and tips. I went to a festival in Busan last month. It was small and informal and though there was plenty of tea being served I only saw one vendor selling. I picked up some of this year's Saejak.

Do you drink much Korean tea Karmaplata? I usually go to the Hadong tea festival but was busy this year. Unfortunately I can't make it to the big one in Seoul either.

Jun 18th, '11, 14:17

by teaamor » Jun 18th, '11, 14:17

karmaplace wrote:Welcome from a fellow American in Korea!

If you would like to stock up on Korean wares, the best places to check would be Insadong in Seoul, a local tea store (if you can find one), or you can go to one of the many tea festivals (the best choice).

Hello adam! Hello you fellow American in korea!
I'm planing to go to korea end of september, Jeju island first and maybe seoul after. May I know if there's any tea festival or korea tea culture activity at that time?

:)
Pingounette

+ Post Reply