Wednesday TeaDay 6/1/11 TeaVenturous?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

New month, new tea? Will there be new teas for you in June? Anything radically different, or just variations on the same old theme? Please share.

Yes, some radically different!
No votes
Yes, rather different
29%
Yes, but more a variation of the same old theme
36%
It is possible
21%
Not likely
14%
Definitely not
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 14

Jun 1st, '11, 02:01
Scrolling: scrolling

Wednesday TeaDay 6/1/11 TeaVenturous?

by Chip » Jun 1st, '11, 02:01

Greetings everyone. Welcome to a new TeaDay. Please drop in and share what is in your cup throughout the day. Also be sure to discuss the topic of the day.

Yesterday we discussed our tea of the month for May. Please continue to vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic. New month, new tea? Will there be new teas for you in June? Anything radically different, or just variations on the same old theme? Please share.

We are certainly looking forward to sharing this TeaDay with ... everyone. Bottoms up.

Jun 1st, '11, 05:12

Re: Wednesday TeaDay 6/1/11 TeaVenturous?

by David R. » Jun 1st, '11, 05:12

Definitively new tea ! I am ordering my shincha today or tomorrow if all goes well, will receive a couple of orders for fresh leaves this week, and I am waiting for new things to come up in the middle of the month.

Spring really begins now for me. :)

Jun 1st, '11, 06:47

by Drax » Jun 1st, '11, 06:47

I will definitely be getting some new tea this month, in particular my order of new EoT pu'erh shipped a day or so ago. I suppose that's more of a variation on the usual. I also ordered some of his 1980s aged oolong, which I haven't tried before, though I've had aged oolongs before.

At this point, it would be difficult to find something radically different from what I've tried before... but that's quite all right, it's all been wonderful! :mrgreen:

Have a great TeaDay, everybody!

Jun 1st, '11, 08:06

by tortoise » Jun 1st, '11, 08:06

Variations on a theme. Japanese greens and Taiwan Oolongs. 'tis the season.

Ippodo Shincha this a.m. :mrgreen:

Jun 1st, '11, 12:28

by Chip » Jun 1st, '11, 12:28

This Spring has been an unusual one, mostly due to the earthquake and resulting disasters. My buying has been out of whack. I would say likely a few variations on the same old theme, but less than most Junes when I would be much more TeaVenturous.

Great start to the TD with good old Yutaka Midori from the O-C with the Mrs.

Heading out for sushi in a bit which will include genmaicha.

Nothing adventurous yet in this very new month. :mrgreen:

Jun 1st, '11, 12:48
Vendor Member

by Xell » Jun 1st, '11, 12:48

Started to drink sobacha again, another good evening tea. But still i'm a fan of good houjicha with strong roasted aroma, i really wonder why so few people like houjicha, it's so great :) Expect new sobacha nothing else changed and probably wont during this month. Still have quite big stock of Yame and Ureshino shincha left, which i'm drinking daily :D

Jun 1st, '11, 17:56

by Proinsias » Jun 1st, '11, 17:56

I didn't buy any tea in May and I'm now running low on fresh tea. A selection of Chinese and Japanese greens seems like a good plan.

Not the greatest tea day today. 1 mug of teabag tea with milk at a meeting, still far superior to a meeting without any tea.

Jun 1st, '11, 18:23

by Chip » Jun 1st, '11, 18:23

It is too bad this topic is not as HOT as it is outside!

It is really hot here, but it seems tea is still on the agenda.

Jun 1st, '11, 18:25

by AdamMY » Jun 1st, '11, 18:25

Its getting close to time that I can find New Harvest Korean greens from certain vendors, so I should hopefully have some of those around soon.

Jun 1st, '11, 18:51

by debunix » Jun 1st, '11, 18:51

Not likely anything radically different, as the things I have on order this month are basically shincha and sencha and puerh, although some will be from a new supplier. I have a lot of other teas to work my way through before I can actually try any of the new teas, though.

Today, Muzha TGY from Dragon Tea House, and then Alishan oolong from Norbu. An oolong-day.

Jun 2nd, '11, 00:53

by entropyembrace » Jun 2nd, '11, 00:53

Seems like I´ll be mostly sticking to teas I have on hand already unless I hit one of the local shops. There´s a postal workers strike here in Canada and who knows how long that will last...I won´t be ordering anything online until they can negotiate a new contract and get back to work. Also I´ve been spending a fair bit on exploring coffee as espresso lately...so that´s keeping me from experimenting a whole lot with tea...though I am still drinking a fair bit :)

Yamashita Jirushi Gyokuro today....it´s been my almost daily tea lately :) I like it with a few soda crackers....it´s almost like soup! :mrgreen:

Jun 4th, '11, 11:06

by rhondabee » Jun 4th, '11, 11:06

I will be attending a Korean tea tasting this month, so I expect to buy some Korean green tea. I've never had it before, so I'm looking forward to it :D No tea this morning, but I plan on drinking some Lishan today.