Thursday/Friday TeaDay 6/2-3/11 International Teaware Speak?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

In honor of Petr's TA SO, from how many countries have you actually purchased teaware? Please share the details with us! Bonus, have you purchased anything from the Czech Republic?

4%
7%
15%
13%
9%
6-7
4%
8-10
6%
More ...
No votes
Bonus, Yes
13%
Bonus, no
19%
Bonus, hope to verrry soon!
11%

Total votes: 54

Jun 2nd, '11, 02:08
Scrolling: scrolling

Thursday/Friday TeaDay 6/2-3/11 International Teaware Speak?

by Chip » Jun 2nd, '11, 02:08

Welcome TeaFriends to another TeaDay, a new day to have tea. Please share what is in your cup throughout the day. Also please discuss the day's topic.

Yesterday we discussed whether we were being Teaventurous. Please continue to discuss yesterday's topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic. In honor of Petr's TA SO, from how many countries have you actually purchased teaware? Please share the details with us! Bonus, have you purchased anything from the Czech Republic?

You can watch for Petr's TA SO topic here at 3 pm Eastern time today (Thursday). Ordering commences at 6 pm!
http://www.teachat.com/viewforum.php?f=66

We are looking forward to sharing this TeaDay with ... everyone. Bottoms up!

Jun 2nd, '11, 02:37
Vendor Member

Re: Thursday TeaDay 6/2/11 International Teaware Speak?

by IPT » Jun 2nd, '11, 02:37

I am very proud to own several of Petr's pieces and am actually using one at this moment. One of his cups is here in the office and I use it almost every day. Petr's pieces have an amazing feel to them and I am sure the upcoming TA SO will be spectacular!

I have tea ware from quite a few countries including:
China
Japan
Korea
Russia
Czeck Republic
Switzerland
Finland
U.S.A.
England

Jun 2nd, '11, 10:32

by Chip » Jun 2nd, '11, 10:32

Let me see ...

USA (I think artisans from 7 states)
China
Japan
Korea
Germany (I think)
England
Czech Republic
Taiwan
Edit, added Poland, though only enroute

I think that is it. But will have to double check.

And yes, have several Petr wares including one custom in hand and one ready to ship ... plus hopefully a few more with this TA SO!!!

First tea of the day will be ... sencha :mrgreen: , but not sure which.

Jun 2nd, '11, 10:42

by debunix » Jun 2nd, '11, 10:42

I have ordered teaware directly from Switzerland, China, Japan, and of course the US. And some of my teaware purchased elsewhere was made in Korea. Perhaps something from CZ is in my near future.....hm....

Today, more Alishan oolong, drunk from a chinese-made, american-branded, US-purchased thermos cup (sigh).

Jun 2nd, '11, 12:44

by FlyedPiper » Jun 2nd, '11, 12:44

I chose one... the United States. :mrgreen: At least that's where they were shipped from when I got them.

I'm sure that will change by the end of the year though, as I spend more money I don't have.

Jun 2nd, '11, 12:46

by karmaplace » Jun 2nd, '11, 12:46

I have purchased tea ware directly from the US (at least six different states), Japan, Korea, Slovenia, and Poland. I also have tea ware that was made in China. Even if I end up not participating in this TA SO, I do hope to add some of Petr's wares to the mix...especially since I just (literally as I was typing this response) lost a kyusu to a catastrophe.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

No one should lose tea ware while responding on Teachat, it's just not fair. Seriously. :cry:

Jun 2nd, '11, 13:38

by debunix » Jun 2nd, '11, 13:38

karmaplace wrote:No one should lose tea ware while responding on Teachat, it's just not fair. Seriously. :cry:
Agreed.

(pat, pat, pat)

Jun 2nd, '11, 13:39

by Chip » Jun 2nd, '11, 13:39

karmaplace wrote:I have purchased tea ware directly from the US (at least six different states), Japan, Korea, Slovenia, and Poland. I also have tea ware that was made in China. Even if I end up not participating in this TA SO, I do hope to add some of Petr's wares to the mix...especially since I just (literally as I was typing this response) lost a kyusu to a catastrophe.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

No one should lose tea ware while responding on Teachat, it's just not fair. Seriously. :cry:
Oh, forgot some Poland wares are enroute!!! (and a future TA SO in the works).

Cats have broken 2 kyusu here, both have been repaired ... photos are in the broken teaware topic. Still cats never learn and would gladly break more if given the opp.

Began the TD with YM LE from the O-C with the Mrs. Brewed up and served in Japanese wares, Tokoname and Hagi.

Jun 2nd, '11, 20:32

by andrzej bero » Jun 2nd, '11, 20:32

"Bonus, have you purchased anything from the Czech Republic?"

If we speak about teaware I have one from Petr but not Novak (have a good TA SO!!!) but Petr Cichy. Inside my daily Jiu Hua Fo Cha.
petrcichy.jpg
petrcichy.jpg (13.41 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
If that is more open question I am a big fan of many things from Czech: movies (60's new wave, David Ondříček). cartoons of Zdenek Miler(o my childhood), and books (now with my son we have a lot of fun with Jaroslav Hašek).
In a future my grandchildren will maybe purchase tea from there:)
seeds ready to plant:
http://herbata.ning.com/photo/nasiona20 ... ntext=user
and tea from "plantation" in Ceske Budejovice:
http://herbata.ning.com/photo/nasiona20 ... ntext=user

Jun 2nd, '11, 20:41

by entropyembrace » Jun 2nd, '11, 20:41

I have teaware from Japan, China, Taiwan...and yes the Czech Republic :mrgreen:

Jun 2nd, '11, 20:54

by Drax » Jun 2nd, '11, 20:54

Hrm, is that origin of teaware seller or origin of teaware maker...?

I think I'm hovering near the 4 mark... but am crossing my fingers that I will be adding the Czech Republic to the list...

Sadly, today was too hectic to enjoy my normal selections of tea (though I did have a nice refreshing glass of mint tea at music rehearsal). I was able to welcome some new wonderful things into my home, though, so I suppose that makes up for it... :D

Jun 2nd, '11, 21:41

by JRS22 » Jun 2nd, '11, 21:41

I can only claim teaware from 3 countries - Japan, China and the U.S. No purchases from teaware artisans yet (although I do have my eye on Hong Seong-il's teapots - waiting for the perfect one to appear and not be sold before I get there).

In my cup this morning, and afternoon, about 8 rounds of a 1980's Bamboo-wrapped Tuocha from EOT. More rounds tomorrow. It's a lot of fun trying a sample knowing that I can afford to buy a "whole" one if I so desire.

Then I finished off the last of the 2010 Tsuen Sencha Otsuusan from O-Cha.

Sometimes it seems as if I have more delicious tea than time and capacity to drink it. I'm thinking that when my new Adagio VarieTEA kettle arrives next month I'll set up an auxiliary tea-drinking station on the second floor with my UtiliTEA. All I need is my wee 40 ml yixing, my tiny matching cup, and of course a tray to catch the spillage. And then I have an excuse to buy a new tea tray.....

Jun 2nd, '11, 22:43

by nickE » Jun 2nd, '11, 22:43

USA
China
Taiwan
Japan
Czech Republic (possibly soon!)

Teas of yesterday and today: Puerhshop's 0903, Maiko's Kinari, Tea Flowers from YS during the PM currently.

Jun 2nd, '11, 23:26

by murrius » Jun 2nd, '11, 23:26

5 countries: Japan (kyusu), China (Yixing pots), UK (Brown Betty - which looks like a king size Yixing pot), US, and Canada.

Drinking Singbulli Clonal darjeeling FF tonight. I think I'm in love.

Jun 2nd, '11, 23:41

by gargoylekitty » Jun 2nd, '11, 23:41

I might be overlooking something, but I have teaware from China, Japan, Taiwan, and the US. Looking to add the Czech Republic to that list soon.

Finally caved to everyone here's praise and got some shincha YM. Just finished up my first session with it and only regret not trying it sooner.
Chip wrote:Still cats never learn and would gladly break more if given the opp.
This is why I rarely ever allow my cat to be around any teaware, even though she's been pretty good and hasn't broken anything(teaware or otherwise) in a few years now. Well, unless you count knocking things off the counter or tabletops so that the puppy can chew it up. :roll: