TeaWeekend TeaRoom 6/4/11 At the movies ...

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

TeaRoom poll and discussion topic. Is there a movie or movies that you tend to keep going back to and watching over and over again? Please share of course the movie/movies and reasons why. See topic.

Yes, many actually
13%
Yes, several
63%
Yes, at least one
6%
Maybe
No votes
Not really
13%
Definitely not
6%
Don't really like movies
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 16

Jun 4th, '11, 03:05
Scrolling: scrolling

TeaWeekend TeaRoom 6/4/11 At the movies ...

by Chip » Jun 4th, '11, 03:05

Hurray, it's the weekend and that generally means more tea for most of us. Welcome to TeaRoom TeaDay Weekend everyone. Let's take some time to get to know each other over the next 2 days. Discussion shall be off the topic of tea, however we must stop in frequently to share what is in our cup, so of course TEA is still discussed here!

Yesterday and Thursday we discussed international origins of our teaware and tea. Please continue to discuss and share this topic.

The Weekend's TeaRoom poll and discussion topic, a bit off the topic of tea this weekend. Is there a movie or movies that you tend to keep going back to and watching over and over again? Please share of course the movie/movies and reasons why. Will it be adventurous, romantic, sci-fi, fantasy, classical, western, true crime or other?

We are looking forward to sharing this TeaWeekend with ... everyone, after a very hectic week. It will be nice to just relax and kick back and learn about everyone's movie preferences. There may be some surprises in store for all of us.

Jun 4th, '11, 04:19
Vendor Member

Re: Saturday TeaRoom TeaWeekend 6/4/11 At the movies ...

by Xell » Jun 4th, '11, 04:19

One of my favorites is Baraka http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baraka_%28film%29. A movie without words, simply amazing, i wish i could watch it in a movie theater. Recommend to everyone who didn't see it yet.

Some old russian movies with really nice stories and filming, enjoy watching them time to time. Current cinema in Russia is really bad, i don't remember any good movie in recent ~20 year, only "soso" :(
Btw, some of those old movies are on youtube with subtitles, though difficult to translate most jokes :) For example this one "Gentlemen of Fortune" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x67Tf04jrDI I can point to more, if someone interested.

Jun 4th, '11, 10:34

by karmaplace » Jun 4th, '11, 10:34

Growing up my brother would claim a movie as his favorite, and then watch it over and over for at least a week if not more. Once when he was young he was hospitalized, and he had the nurses play and rewind Space Jam the entire time he was awake for the week he was there. Probably the movie he's seen the most in his life is Slap Shot (he's played hockey since he was four).

Most of the movies I can watch over and over are movies that I watched with my brother or father and have good memories surrounding them. I love to watch O Brother Where Art Thou? over and over because it was a movie that my brother and I both loved, and loved to quote. I can watch the movie Big Fish over and over, because I watched it with my father. I've watched The Nightmare Before Christmas over and over because I love the music and art design, and (with the help of others) I've found myself with a collection of the DVD from different countries in different languages.

Almost any movie I've seen I can watch again, but those are the movies that I've seen probably more times than worth counting.

I spent a good hour at the beach today, and seven hours in the neighboring city, so the only tea I've had was the tenkei tori matcha this morning. Delicious. :mrgreen:

Jun 4th, '11, 12:03

by AdamMY » Jun 4th, '11, 12:03

Just about all the movies I have in my apartment (not very many) I have watched quite a few times. But that being said some of them do get more play than the others including The Harry Potter series and the most recent Star Trek. I am sure I would have more to add to this list but Netflix has opened up such a variety of viewing options for me.

Jun 4th, '11, 12:35

by teaisme » Jun 4th, '11, 12:35

Forrest Gump
Blow
A touch of zen
Gladiator (must be uncut)

These are a few that don't seem to get old for me. I don't usually just pop one in though, movies and cable aren't a big thing at my house, internet has more videos that interest me

It's a darjeeling tea day. Some arya diamond second flush and risheehat exotic spring first flush, good stuff

Jun 4th, '11, 13:09

by debunix » Jun 4th, '11, 13:09

There are some movies I can watch again and again, and I finally own a handful of them on DVD and watch them on a small portable player when doing chores around the house. They're something I pull out when I want more than radio or music but don't necessarily have the free hands or attention span to pick up a book. They feature lots of clear dialogue, few or no subtitles, without too many special effects or visuals requiring or demanding absolute attention, and usually pretty 'light' in tone.

Stuff from 30s or 40s screwball comedies to animation like Shrek works, profoundly deep or dark foreign dramas don't generally make the cut.

And still a limited tea day--stretching a thermos of Alishan oolong to get me through a few more hours of meeting.

Jun 4th, '11, 13:14

by auhckw » Jun 4th, '11, 13:14

My record I think was SpiderMan 1. I watched about 8 1/2 in cinema. The last 1/2 was because I couldn't take it any more and left the movie 1/2 way. In DVD/Bluray, I think I probably watched 3 times.

Followed by George of the Jungle. I watched about 6 times in cinema.

Jun 4th, '11, 13:31

by FlyedPiper » Jun 4th, '11, 13:31

I've been a movie buff since I was a kid. I definitely have some favorites. And the movies I own are all getting cycled through right now since I just moved and don't have cable hooked up yet!

Watched a favorite yesterday- Fight Club. I'm a huge Edward Norton fan. Watched another one of his last night on netflix called Leaves of Grass. Really good. I'm not sure how I missed that when it came out.

Same boring crap in my cup this morning (anonymous TGY remnants). Can't wait for a couple packages to arrive to spice things up!

Jun 4th, '11, 15:24

by Drax » Jun 4th, '11, 15:24

I used to watch things over and over as a kid, but in the last ten or twenty years, I have tended not to re-watch things I've already seen. Of course, I tend not to read books over and over again... and yet the same is not true of music.

Ah, enigma. How I love thee.

And new chawan, I cherish thee, too! When you finish cooling in your boiling bath of water, a nice bowl of matcha I shall have...! :mrgreen:

Jun 4th, '11, 15:54

by andrzej bero » Jun 4th, '11, 15:54

Xell wrote:One of my favorites is Baraka http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baraka_%28film%29
thanks for prompt. I would like to see it once again.

Jun 4th, '11, 16:55

by Chip » Jun 4th, '11, 16:55

Having seen a good or great movie before rarely precludes me from watching it again ... and again ... so I would say I have watched hundreds of movies at least several times. But there are enduring classics that I will likely watch anytime I see that it is on.

Lord of the Rings likely tops the list currently. I waited 30 years for it to come out in a movie, and I am making up for all those years waiting.

The movie I likely saw more times than any other, The Wizard of Oz.

The best low budget flick that will have me watching each time it is on, Halloween.

Prison movie duo from SK, The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile I will watch anytime.

So many more ...

Jun 4th, '11, 20:34

by TubbyCow » Jun 4th, '11, 20:34

I wish I could be classy here, and while I appreciate artsy and foreign and brilliant films, the movies I have seen at least a dozen times are:

Office Space
The Princess Bride
Lord of War
Mystery Men

But the absolute winner is Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. That's the one with Kevin Costner.

*hangs head in shame*

Jun 4th, '11, 21:15

by fracol » Jun 4th, '11, 21:15

Yes Two to be exact
Harry Potter
Lord of the Rings

On the day of the last harry potter movie premiere me and my friends are watching all the movies 1-7 part 1 and then going to the midnight premiere!!!

Jun 4th, '11, 23:40

by Skippyandjif » Jun 4th, '11, 23:40

I'm not really a huge fan of movies-- I kind of lack the attention span (although I can read, draw, run around, or play guitar for hours-- go figure :lol: ). I more prefer TV shows. But what movies I like, I really LOVE.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy: My favorite movie(s) ever. The camerawork is amazing, the script is amazing, the acting is amazing, and it's a film adaptation of my favorite author's best work.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show: I just love this movie because it's weird, freaky, and insanely fun. Especially if you go to the midnight show and dress up!

Fantastic Planet: The animation is so gorgeous, and the story line is so bizarre that it keeps me interested.

That's about it as far as movies that I've seen over and over and over. :oops:

As for tea: I've been drinking white tea with rose petals over and over and over today because it's so delicious! I love that stuff, seriously.

Jun 5th, '11, 02:37

Re: TeaWeekend TeaRoom 6/4/11 At the movies ...

by Chip » Jun 5th, '11, 02:37

Great TeaDay, Organic Yama no Ocha followed by Yutaka Midori LE with the Mrs.

2010 LJ from a member that is still amazing to finish the TD.