Tuesday TeaDay 6/7/11 RepeaTea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Speaking of repeating. Is there one specific tea that you repeat as in repurchase most often. If yes, details please.

Yes, absolutely
67%
Yes, I believe so
14%
Maybe
5%
No, I do not think so
14%
No, definitely not
No votes
Other, please share
No votes

Total votes: 21

Jun 7th, '11, 02:14
Scrolling: scrolling

Tuesday TeaDay 6/7/11 RepeaTea?

by Chip » Jun 7th, '11, 02:14

Greetings everyone and welcome to a brand new TeaDay! Please stop in and share what is in your cup with us throughout the day. Also be sure to discuss the topic of the day ... and vote.

Yesterday we discussed repeat readers ... please continue to vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic. Speaking of repeating. Currently, is there one specific tea that you repeat as in repurchase most often? If yes, details please.

We are all looking forward to sharing this TeaDay with everyone. Bottoms up.

Jun 7th, '11, 10:24

Re: Tuesday TeaDay 6/7/11 RepeaTea?

by artmom » Jun 7th, '11, 10:24

My RepeaTea is Mariage Freres Marco Polo and that's what I am sipping on right now. :D

Jun 7th, '11, 11:19

by TubbyCow » Jun 7th, '11, 11:19

The tea I buy the absolute most of is probably genmaicha. It's one of the few I can buy without having to get it shipped to me, and it's my go-to tea when I'm feeling lazy. And cold-brewed, it's magical.

Speaking of, starting my day with some cold-brew genmaicha...

Jun 7th, '11, 12:51

by Chip » Jun 7th, '11, 12:51

If you know me, then you likely know my answer. Without question the most ordered tea by me is Yutaka Midori from O-Cha. I have tried many sencha and even tried many YM from many vendors, but nothing hits the TeaZone like O-C's YM, simply the best selection of this varietal named sencha.

And began the TD with YM LE from the O-C :mrgreen: with the Mrs. served up in a "Sendai" Hagi. Crazy good!

Jun 7th, '11, 12:53
Vendor Member

by Xell » Jun 7th, '11, 12:53

I drink mostly teas that are quite easy to get and i can buy in big quantities. I settled with Ureshino tamaryokucha gokujo and Yame fukamushi sencha also gokujo. With food most of the time i drink Yame houjicha.

Just finished houjicha, need to pickup more. I didn't notice how my big chazutsu became empty :shock:

Jun 7th, '11, 13:21

by Nenugal » Jun 7th, '11, 13:21

Most frequently repurchased is the wonderful fukamushi Yutaka Midori, followed by Tie Guan Yin and Yun Shan Yin Zhen (yellow silver needles). Now drinking Tie Guan Yin (a sample from Life in Teacup) and Huo Shan Huang Ya.

Jun 7th, '11, 16:29

by Trey Winston » Jun 7th, '11, 16:29

There are three: White Peony, Silver Needle and sencha. The vendors vary, but these are my staples.

No tea today. Too busy out of the house.

Jun 7th, '11, 18:16

by debunix » Jun 7th, '11, 18:16

Most purchased would certainly be TGY, both new style/green and traditional style/deep roasted.

I've bought more green TGY from Norbu, but am currently enjoying the first cup in quite a while of a very fine version from Jing Tea Shop ("Long Juan TGY"). I still love my longtime staple dark roast SeaDyke red label TKY, but have recently branched out with excellent versions from Norbu and a nice one from Dragon Tea House.

Jun 7th, '11, 20:10

by tortoise » Jun 7th, '11, 20:10

If I go back more than one year, it would be baozhong and/or lishan.
I've bought more sencha than anything else over the last year, but gravity is pulling back. Slowly. Surely.

I've got two cold brews going for later. Kirameki in one pot, shincha Ippodo in another.

Jun 7th, '11, 20:31

by Drax » Jun 7th, '11, 20:31

I don't suppose it would count to say "pu'erh"...?

Hrm, okay... I think the one tea that I have repurchased the most is TGY, either that or Ali shan. But in general I would say that my 'go to' teas are either green oolongs or japanese greens... nothing in particular, though.

Jun 7th, '11, 23:39

by karmaplace » Jun 7th, '11, 23:39

I think my most "repeated" tea would be Shizuoka okuyutaka sencha. It's got an amazing taste and quality for it's price, and I love it.

No tea yet today, but I need to get my morning matcha soon.

Jun 7th, '11, 23:45

by Chip » Jun 7th, '11, 23:45

karmaplace wrote:I think my most "repeated" tea would be Shizuoka okuyutaka sencha. It's got an amazing taste and quality for it's price, and I love it.

No tea yet today, but I need to get my morning matcha soon.
We might not be seeing Oku Yutaka from Shizuoka from any vendor for some time ... Oku Yutaka is a very nice varietal. :cry:

TD continued with Yama no Ocha organic.

Jun 8th, '11, 01:40

by Chip » Jun 8th, '11, 01:40

Yesterday's TeaDay will also be Wednesday's TeaDay. :mrgreen:

Please continue to discuss this topic, and of course share what is in your cup throughout the day.

Feel free to discuss whatever since this is our TeaRoom!

Enjoy your TeaDay!

Jun 8th, '11, 02:17
Vendor Member

by IPT » Jun 8th, '11, 02:17

There are a number of teas I make sure I keep in stock, at all times, for my own enjoyment, but I think the one I do the most is Ahlishan Gaoshan Tea from Taiwan. It is my standard that I tend to always fall back on. In fact, I think I will have some now. I have been drinking some aged loose leaf Shupu that somebody gave me. It is a nice tea for the office.

Jun 8th, '11, 02:22

by FlyedPiper » Jun 8th, '11, 02:22

The 2000 shu puerh mini bricks from puerhshop is the only tea I would say I will have a steady supply on hand. I'm still sampling, but these things are a hidden jewel, and I'll buy them as long as I can get them. I'm only an occasional puerh drinker, and those are the only shu puerh I drink regularly.

Other than that, I'm hoping to find some senchas I really like and will order regularly.

Sheng puerh today. Hot this morning and iced tonight. Not so sure about the iced version :? .