Hello from Greece :)

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jun 8th, '11, 11:29

Hello from Greece :)

by dukegus » Jun 8th, '11, 11:29

Hi,
my name is Kostas and I'm a university student. I study electrical and computer engineering in Patras. I love baking bread, brewing beer, cooking and of course drinking tea :D

Some months ago I had a though. With my experience with cooking/food/etc:
"Could maybe tea be much much better in taste/flavor/satisfaction than the commercial cr@p you can buy in a super market?"

And I started looking into it on the internet. Well I was totally amazed with the culture and sophistication behind proper loose leaves tea rather than awful bags of lipton or any other awful mass produced brand.

I first tasted cheap TGY from a random ebay seller, then I met Stephane's Blog(teamasters...) who gave me some totally amazing samples and opened my mind with tea. I had a good measurement to compare tea with. Lately I have tasted some amazing samples from a gal named zen8tea or something from ebay and some very good tea(again in very small amounts -15gr-) from jkteashop.
If you ask why I buy in samples/very small amounts it's because I have a very low budget because I'm a student.

I have only tried Chinese tea and my favorite styles are hung shui oolong and lately I'm getting crazy for some 100% oxidized teas like OB.

I have tried small amounts from many different kind of teas. Generally I think that the water here in Greece(totally hard water, not even medium) is not good for light tasting teas(or lager beer :D ) because I have not been able to enjoy almost no light tea.

Nice to meet you and I'm glad I found a tea forum :)

Jun 8th, '11, 13:32

Re: Hello from Greece :)

by teaisme » Jun 8th, '11, 13:32

welcome!

Glad to see someone find enjoyment in fine tea!

Jun 8th, '11, 17:50

by dukegus » Jun 8th, '11, 17:50

churng wrote:welcome!

Glad to see someone find enjoyment in fine tea!
thank you!
From the day I tasted my first fine tea I drink about 1 lt/day?
Am I addicted? xD xD

Jun 10th, '11, 11:36

by dukegus » Jun 10th, '11, 11:36

Though there are many interesting posts I don't see many people participating regularly in this forum... :(

Jun 10th, '11, 12:41

by AdamMY » Jun 10th, '11, 12:41

dukegus wrote:Though there are many interesting posts I don't see many people participating regularly in this forum... :(
What would you consider regularly? I am sure chip or Ilya have more exact numbers but I would be willing to bet over 50 members visit each day (likely many more than that) and while it has seemed a little slow at times, there are likely at least 10 posts each day outside of certain topics that are there just to attract posts, i.e TeaDay and What are you _____ are you drinking now?

Jun 11th, '11, 10:39

by dukegus » Jun 11th, '11, 10:39

AdamMY wrote: What would you consider regularly? I am sure chip or Ilya have more exact numbers but I would be willing to bet over 50 members visit each day (likely many more than that) and while it has seemed a little slow at times, there are likely at least 10 posts each day outside of certain topics that are there just to attract posts, i.e TeaDay and What are you _____ are you drinking now?
Just the fact that I got a post means that I'm kind of wrong :D

Jun 11th, '11, 13:05

by AdamMY » Jun 11th, '11, 13:05

dukegus wrote:
AdamMY wrote: What would you consider regularly? I am sure chip or Ilya have more exact numbers but I would be willing to bet over 50 members visit each day (likely many more than that) and while it has seemed a little slow at times, there are likely at least 10 posts each day outside of certain topics that are there just to attract posts, i.e TeaDay and What are you _____ are you drinking now?
Just the fact that I got a post means that I'm kind of wrong :D

Oh, sorry, where are my manners? In my original post I forgot to say "Welcome!"

Jun 12th, '11, 02:44

by dukegus » Jun 12th, '11, 02:44

AdamMY wrote: Oh, sorry, where are my manners? In my original post I forgot to say "Welcome!"
Thx mate!

Jun 12th, '11, 12:13
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 12th, '11, 12:13

Welcome dukegus to the forum.

I hope to see you contributing regularly throughout our various topics. Please share with us daily what is in your cup in TeaDay and discuss the poll with us. It is a great way for us to get to know you. :mrgreen:

Jun 13th, '11, 08:12

by dukegus » Jun 13th, '11, 08:12

Chip wrote:Welcome dukegus to the forum.

I hope to see you contributing regularly throughout our various topics. Please share with us daily what is in your cup in TeaDay and discuss the poll with us. It is a great way for us to get to know you. :mrgreen:
Hi Chip!

Hope I will be able to contribute more when I finish my thesis, I'm studying a bit hard now...

I think I'm getting in mood for red teas(hung) nowdays, I don't know why... :D

Jul 6th, '11, 13:22

by tea-awed » Jul 6th, '11, 13:22

Greetings and welcome. Nice to see you here. I was beginning to wonder if there is anyone else here in Greece that is into tea :)

+ Post Reply