Thursday/Friday TeaDay 6/9-10/11 Night craving?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Inspired by FlyedPiper who decided to forego sleep and brew tea at 1 am. So, I wondered, when do you crave tea more. At night (when maybe you cannot have it) or in the morning? See topic.

Definitely at night, want it!
30%
Defitely at night, but it is more thinking about the first tea of the following day
7%
Toss up
33%
Likely morning
4%
Definitely morning
15%
Other
11%

Total votes: 27

Jun 9th, '11, 01:27
Scrolling: scrolling

Thursday/Friday TeaDay 6/9-10/11 Night craving?

by Chip » Jun 9th, '11, 01:27

Goooood morning TeaChatters, welcome to a new TeaDay. Are you craving tea? Please be sure to share what is in your cup throughout the day. Also please vote and discuss the topic of the day.

Yesterday we discussed, "Is there one specific tea that you repeat as in repurchase most often?" Please continue to discuss this topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic was inspired by FlyedPiper who decided to forego sleep and brew a fresh pot of tea at 1 am. So, I wondered, when do you crave tea more ... at night (when maybe you cannot have it) or in the morning as the water is heating for your first cup of the new TeaDay?

We are looking forward to craving tea with everyone on this TeaDay. Bottoms up.

Jun 9th, '11, 01:47

Re: Thursday TeaDay 6/9/11 Night craving?

by debunix » Jun 9th, '11, 01:47

This one is easy, because in the morning, most mornings, what I most crave is more sleep. I enjoy tea in the morning, but in my usual morning state of mind, I resent the need to actually prepare it. I am more likely to crave more tea at night, when I should not be starting another series of infusions!

Tonight, after starting the day with some purple bud Haiwan sheng puerh, I enjoyed a long session with some Alishan Oolong--the last of some 'summer beauty '09' from Norbu. Now I am craving something very green, but dare not drink any as I must be up again early in the AM. And I have again forgotten to bring a stash of herbal tisane with me to have on these evenings when I want more tea but need to sleep soon. Chamomile & hibiscus would be great right now.

Sigh.

Jun 9th, '11, 02:37

by entropyembrace » Jun 9th, '11, 02:37

Toss up...cravings can hit pretty much any time. :shock:

and talking about cravings I´ve been pretty seriously craving green tea lately and only have Yamashita Jirushi Gyokuro to satisfy those cravings....sooooo.....

I finally got over being paralyzed by too many choices and ordered some shincha tonight...along with gyokuro and matcha. I ended up just getting everything at O-cha...I like that they have a pretty broad selections in one place. :D

ended up with
uji shincha miyabi
uji shincha aoi
chiran shincha
uji kiri-no-mori matcha
and uji fujitsubo gyokuro

should take care of the green cravings for a while :mrgreen:

Jun 9th, '11, 02:59
Vendor Member

by IPT » Jun 9th, '11, 02:59

It is a toss-up. I pretty much drink tea from the moment I get up until I go to bed, so I do not have cravings, other than to a particular tea. When the odd occurance happens and I am unable to have tea for an afternoon, or a morning, I then really crave it.

Jun 9th, '11, 06:32

by ChinesePottery » Jun 9th, '11, 06:32

If I was invited for dinner and had a few beers or maybe even some 白酒 I often crave some tea the most.

Jun 9th, '11, 07:39
Vendor Member

by Xell » Jun 9th, '11, 07:39

For me it's completely random. For example when i was reading this post i suddenly felt like preparing some matcha. Since preparing usucha is really fast, i'm already drinking it :)

Jun 9th, '11, 11:44

by brlarson » Jun 9th, '11, 11:44

If I have cravings they are either in the afternoon or late at night. Afternoons usually get some kind of green. Evening cravings usually get dancong or if I have be early then perhaps an infusion of Sleepytime Tea.

Stared the day with Jing's traditional shui xian. Currently enjoying Kaburagien's ``88 nights'' shincha.

Jun 9th, '11, 13:02

by sebpassion » Jun 9th, '11, 13:02

most of the time i'm craving for tea in the morning and in the afternoon or early evening.

sae-midori fukamushi from hibiki-an in my cup at the moment :)

Jun 9th, '11, 13:53

by FlyedPiper » Jun 9th, '11, 13:53

I would pretty much drink tea 24/7 if I could, in one form or another. I have to ease off the caffeine around 4 hours or so before bed though, I'm sensitive :roll: .

2010 organic kabusecha again this morning. I am still underwhelmed. :|

Jun 9th, '11, 14:58

by tortoise » Jun 9th, '11, 14:58

I voted for toss-up. I may crave it any time, I guess. I WILL have it in the morning, with or without a craving to do so. Though, usually, it is the thought of preparing tea that motivates me to get out of bed.

Night time is different. I do crave it at night, and usually have it. But like everywhere recently, it has been incredibly hot here. I usually drink oolong at night because it never gives me problems sleeping whereas Japanese teas may or may not keep me awake. Problem is, in this heat, I simply cannot make myself prepare the particular selection of oolongs I have because most are so powerfully warming. So for the last week or so, I've been having very late steep sencha, or nothing -- which intensifies the craving sometimes.

Today, back to fukamushi with YM from O-C.

Jun 9th, '11, 15:53

by gargoylekitty » Jun 9th, '11, 15:53

I'm a bit of a night owl, so most of my tea drinking is done late at night/early morning as that is when I'm awake. Though honestly, I drink tea from when I get up to when I go to bed.

Having some shincha YM at the moment, my second tea today.

Jun 9th, '11, 16:20

by Trey Winston » Jun 9th, '11, 16:20

I'm so conditioned to drinking tea while I work that the sound of the computer booting up makes me crave. Luckily, by that time I'm usually already sipping something.

No sips today, though, and now it's too late.

Jun 9th, '11, 17:05

by Chip » Jun 9th, '11, 17:05

I likely CRAVE more at night since that is all I can do since tea would have to wait til morning. So I crave crave crave and think what the first tea will be in the morning.

Then in the morning, brewing is an automatic, a given, and happens quickly. So, craving is really not much of a factor.

Began the TD with organic sencha Yama no Ocha from U-C with the Mrs. And next, Yume Gyokuro from the O-C.

New cups arrived today from TeawareArtisans, Andrzej and ShyRabbit. :mrgreen:

Jun 9th, '11, 22:58

by Skippyandjif » Jun 9th, '11, 22:58

My tea cravings have no rhyme or reason. It actually might not be an exaggeration to say I crave tea all the time! :lol: I do enjoy drinking tea after I wake up and shower, but I also love drinking it before I go to bed.

Pu-erh tea this morning; tons of iced green tea because it was disgustingly muggy here today; currently waiting on some hojicha to get cool enough to drink without burning my mouth.

Jun 10th, '11, 00:44

by Chip » Jun 10th, '11, 00:44

Finished the TD with Yume Gyokuro ... excellent!