Jun 8th, '05, 13:04
Mod/Admin

Using Mr. Coffee Ice Tea Maker

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 13:04

I am an iced tea drinker. For years I have used Earl Grey and Decaf Earl Grey mixed together and brewed in the iced tea maker. I drink the tea unsweetened. I go through a pitcher (approx 2 quarts) a day. I use a filter, filtered water and 4 level tablespoons and one heaping tablespoon of tea leaves. I don't add the ice when brewing as the directions state in the maker manual. I just put water to the first marked line.

I was wondering if I am getting the best flavor this way.

Paula Sorg

Jun 8th, '05, 13:04
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 13:04

lost my instructions on my mr.coffee ice tea maker can anyone help me out on how to use it????

adrian

Jun 8th, '05, 13:05
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 13:05

Instructions to brew ice tea with Mr. Coffee Ice tea maker:

1. Fill pitcher with tap water to desired capacity as indicated by the 1, 2 and 3 quart WATER levels marked on the pitcher.

2. Pour water into the water reservoir.

3. Place desired amount of tea bags in the steeping basket (or put in a paper filter and add desired amount of loose tea).

4.Slide the steeping basket on top of the water reservoir until it fits into place and then secure lid on top of basket. Make sure the steeping dial is in the closed position.

5. Fill pitcher with ice cubes to the desired capacity as indicated by the 1, 2 and 3 quart ICE levels marked on the pitcher. Place the pitcher lid on the pitcher.

6. Slide thee pitcher with lid, spout first, under the machine. Make sure the spout lid is open.

7. Plug the cord into an electrical outlet and depress the push button (ON). Teh indicator light will illuminate to let you know the machine is on.

8. When the brewing cycle is completed, the iced teamaker will shut off automatically. Drain the remainder of the tea in the steeping basket by turning the steeping dial to "OPEN".

(I know your "pain". I lost my instructions for a while too and found your inquiry because I was looking for the information. Eventually my instructions turned up and I thought I'd send this along to you in case you never had gotten satisfaction. Hope it helps.)

m.s.

Jun 14th, '06, 17:41

Ice Tea Maker

by MS » Jun 14th, '06, 17:41

Thanks so much for posting the directions. I looked for this product under Sunbeam (the name on the model) but could not find the model under Sunbeam.

Thanks again!

Jun 12th, '11, 10:38

Re: Using Mr. Coffee Ice Tea Maker

by BeckyS » Jun 12th, '11, 10:38

Thanks from me too! It was so easy to find your instructions - couldn't be more perfect! Thank you so much! BS

Jun 3rd, '21, 03:18

by Willv60 » Jun 3rd, '21, 03:18

Thanks for the info, guys! Is anybody used one of these (https://www.bestadvisor.com/iced-tea-maker ) ice tea makers?

Jul 5th, '22, 02:36

by jasmi60 » Jul 5th, '22, 02:36

So it's been two months with this iced tea maker. I have to say I use it almost every day at this point. I love it. I make a half-gallon in the morning when I'm making my breakfast and spend the day in front of my computer sipping away. At first, I tried different teas, but eventually, I just went with Trader Joe's Irish Black Tea with a lot of lemons squeezed in. Haven't bought iced tea from a drive-thru in over a month, and now that I'm on a strict diet, having something flavorful and calorie-free on hand is essential.

+ Post Reply