Size of matcha pack?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Which size of matcha pack would you prefer?

Daily matcha 20g
4%
Daily matcha 40g
35%
Daily matcha 100g
8%
Expensive high quality matcha 20g
35%
Expensive high quality matcha 40g
19%

Total votes: 26

Jun 14th, '11, 01:16
Vendor Member

Size of matcha pack?

by Xell » Jun 14th, '11, 01:16

I'm trying to decide which size to keep, for a while i won't be able keep all of them. Difficult to choose, thought maybe this poll will help :)

Jun 14th, '11, 03:06

Re: Size of matcha pack?

by Cole » Jun 14th, '11, 03:06

Are you a daily matcha drinker, or are you looking for something special to savor now and again? I'd say 100g of the cheap stuff and 20g of the really really good stuff, but I don't know much about your drinking habits :mrgreen:

Jun 14th, '11, 05:18
Vendor Member

by Xell » Jun 14th, '11, 05:18

Cole wrote:Are you a daily matcha drinker, or are you looking for something special to savor now and again? I'd say 100g of the cheap stuff and 20g of the really really good stuff, but I don't know much about your drinking habits :mrgreen:
It's for my website. I will get 100g packs for myself from now on, since i'm not the only one drinking it :) And after i discovered how fast and easy to prepare usucha, started to drink it really often. Soon going to taste "expensive stuff" and try it as koicha.

Jun 14th, '11, 11:48

by olivierco » Jun 14th, '11, 11:48

I prefer my matcha in 20g packages, even for my daily matcha (wakamatsu no mukashi)

Jun 14th, '11, 12:14

by NOESIS » Jun 14th, '11, 12:14

olivierco wrote:I prefer my matcha in 20g packages, even for my daily matcha (wakamatsu no mukashi)
+1

By far, my favorite matcha, but I usually only have it on the weekends.

Jun 14th, '11, 12:55

by Cole » Jun 14th, '11, 12:55

NOESIS wrote:
olivierco wrote:I prefer my matcha in 20g packages, even for my daily matcha (wakamatsu no mukashi)
+1

Quit making me want to order from Ippodo, already! :lol: Would you say it's "twice as good" as the Tancho- or Kimmo-no-mukashi (if you've tried them)? I was thinking of getting some Tancho when I place my order, but now that I see the wakamatsu can also be prepared as a koicha, I might give that one a try.

Jun 14th, '11, 13:30

by NOESIS » Jun 14th, '11, 13:30

Cole wrote:
NOESIS wrote:
+1

Quit making me want to order from Ippodo, already! :lol: Would you say it's "twice as good" as the Tancho- or Kimmo-no-mukashi (if you've tried them)? I was thinking of getting some Tancho when I place my order, but now that I see the wakamatsu can also be prepared as a koicha, I might give that one a try.
I've had the Tancho many times in the past, and quite enjoy it. A nice green vegetable sweetness and medium body. Good stuff. Haven't tried the Kimno-no-mukashi.

Since I don't drink matcha daily, I generally go for the high grade stuff....more pronounced umami and thicker body. If I were to drink it daily, I'd probably go with a more modest offering, like Tancho or O-Cha's "Kiri no Mori".

Jun 14th, '11, 14:26

by Cole » Jun 14th, '11, 14:26

NOESIS wrote: I've had the Tancho many times in the past, and quite enjoy it. A nice green vegetable sweetness and medium body. Good stuff. Haven't tried the Kimno-no-mukashi.

Since I don't drink matcha daily, I generally go for the high grade stuff....more pronounced umami and thicker body. If I were to drink it daily, I'd probably go with a more modest offering, like Tancho or O-Cha's "Kiri no Mori".
Good to hear! I think I might go ahead and try the Tancho and Wakamatsu when I place my order; just to have a little variety in the cabinet. I'm currently making my way through O-Cha's "Kiri no Mori" and enjoying it very much -- it's a great introduction to the world of matcha, and makes me want to try more. Great value for the price, IMHO.

On a slightly tangential note, I recently purchased 100g of O-Cha's powdered sencha since it was so inexpensive (and I wanted to fill my nifty little 100g matcha tin). While I don't regret buying it, part of me wishes I got something a little higher quality to savor. It's awesome in smoothies and perfect for road trips/a quick pick-me-up, but my only advice to Xell would be to make sure you like whatever you're getting 100g of! :D

Jun 14th, '11, 17:12
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Jun 14th, '11, 17:12

Cole wrote:but my only advice to Xell would be to make sure you like whatever you're getting 100g of! :D
Xell is offering stuff to sell, so he's asking in order to see what people like to buy....

I'm in a similar boat on usually not drinking matcha everyday, so I've got a 30g canister of matcha that I've had open for nearly a month, and it's only half-empty (and I've been drinking with co-workers, too)... so I think I would tend to prefer smaller.

But again, similar to noesis -- my preference would be different if I drank every day. I wonder how many people fall into that category...?

Jun 14th, '11, 23:16

by Cole » Jun 14th, '11, 23:16

Whoops! This thread sure went over my head. Sorry, Xell!

Jun 15th, '11, 01:01

by Chip » Jun 15th, '11, 01:01

XT
XA
XN
XGT
TEA
ANN
NTG
GSE
EXN
NXT
TXS
S

Well, this is TeaChat ... :mrgreen:

20 in the more pricey stuff, and 40 in the more everyday matcha.

Pouches are OK, shipping is a lot cheaper, and although I like matcha tins, how many do I really need?!?

Jun 15th, '11, 07:05

by Drax » Jun 15th, '11, 07:05

Chip wrote:Pouches are OK, shipping is a lot cheaper, and although I like matcha tins, how many do I really need?!?
You could always create a wall of matcha tins, sort of like some people do with beer bottles or cans.

I've only had matcha in a pouch once, and the pouch came in a tin. :lol:

Jun 15th, '11, 09:53
Vendor Member

by Xell » Jun 15th, '11, 09:53

I guess it's true, what people talk about my zodiac libra, difficult to make a choice :lol:

Thanks all, i could finally decide. Seems most logical would be 40g for daily cheap matcha and 20g for more expensive stuff. I'm quite exited myself to try some higher grade Yame matcha. Drinking matcha for really short time, but it's already one of my favorite teas :)

+ Post Reply