HAGI SSO SENDAI. Relief for Japan.

Artisan Teaware Special Offer Program

Jun 18th, '11, 21:01

Re: New! HAGI SSO SENDAI. Relief for Japan.

by twinofmunin » Jun 18th, '11, 21:01

I've only put 3 steeps of sencha through mine... no cracks showing up yet, though! A lovely wan; playing games with myself to get the amount of tea at the end just right to fill in the non-circular bottom...

Jun 18th, '11, 22:50
Vendor Member

by IPT » Jun 18th, '11, 22:50

I cannot believe how stained my crackles are on mine. Thin or thick glaze, they are all darkening. It sure is a beautiful cup. I am really enjoying it!

Sep 2nd, '11, 13:35

by demonyc » Sep 2nd, '11, 13:35

I was wondering if there were any more of these left...

Sep 2nd, '11, 14:59
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Sep 2nd, '11, 14:59

demonyc wrote:I was wondering if there were any more of these left...
Sorry, this one is sold out. But there will be another one sooooon! :mrgreen:

And welcome to the forum! Do you own any Hagi or are you in the age of discovery? :mrgreen:

Sep 2nd, '11, 19:37

by David R. » Sep 2nd, '11, 19:37

There may be no more Sendai left, but if you like the style, you can have a look at other Seigan pieces. Some of his sea cucumber cups look quite alike, even if the form/size won't be the same.

Sep 2nd, '11, 19:55

by Chip » Sep 2nd, '11, 19:55

David R. wrote:There may be no more Sendai left, but if you like the style, you can have a look at other Seigan pieces. Some of his sea cucumber cups look quite alike, even if the form/size won't be the same.
The Sendai was an accident of an accident so to speak.

The original prototype was of a sea cucumber that was done under "reduction" firing. The results were really different and Seigan has been trying to reproduce that for us. He has failed each time so far, unfortunately

The Sendai was one of these attempts that caught my eye. It seems that the Sendai glaze also met with Seigan's approval and has been easy to replicate as it has been popping up ever since on ebay, though the shape is still unique to Sendai.

Still, Sendai was the first ... an accident of an accident. :mrgreen:

Sep 2nd, '11, 23:06

by demonyc » Sep 2nd, '11, 23:06

Sorry, this one is sold out. But there will be another one sooooon!
And welcome to the forum! Do you own any Hagi or are you in the age of discovery?
Thanks for the warm welcome. I suppose you'd say I'm in the age of discovery, since I only purchased my first Hagi-yaki today (actually from Magokoro-do, this is the piece:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220812281270?ss ... 166wt_1163 ). I am pleased to own some beautiful Arita-yaki pieces though. Looking forward to the next special offer!

Sep 2nd, '11, 23:15

by Chip » Sep 2nd, '11, 23:15

demonyc wrote:
Sorry, this one is sold out. But there will be another one sooooon!
And welcome to the forum! Do you own any Hagi or are you in the age of discovery?
Thanks for the warm welcome. I suppose you'd say I'm in the age of discovery, since I only purchased my first Hagi-yaki today (actually from Magokoro-do, this is the piece:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220812281270?ss ... 166wt_1163 ). I am pleased to own some beautiful Arita-yaki pieces though. Looking forward to the next special offer!
Ohhh, heh, someone had just written me about this piece a day or two ago.

Great first Hagi. I hope it brings you years of TeaJoy!

Sep 3rd, '11, 06:50

by David R. » Sep 3rd, '11, 06:50

This yunomi has been on my wish list for a while. Great taste ! :mrgreen:

I'll be interested in some photos of your Arita-yaki pieces if you can. It is not often that we see some on this forum. Maybe we need a dedicated section to motivate people to post some. :wink:

Sep 3rd, '11, 08:02

by demonyc » Sep 3rd, '11, 08:02

I think I'd feel a little embarrassed facing up against all of the superb craftsmanship I'm seeing so far... :oops: Perhaps I can muster up the courage to post a pic of the yunomi pair I use for entertaining...... :?

Sep 3rd, '11, 12:42

by Chip » Sep 3rd, '11, 12:42

demonyc wrote:I think I'd feel a little embarrassed facing up against all of the superb craftsmanship I'm seeing so far... :oops: Perhaps I can muster up the courage to post a pic of the yunomi pair I use for entertaining...... :?
We would be interested in seeing them! You can post them under the Show Off Your Pots and Cups topic here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=15900

And when you get your Hagi, you can post it in the Hagi topic here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8562

Thanks! :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply