Links to Individual Reviews; Personalized RSS Feeds

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jun 21st, '11, 01:14

Links to Individual Reviews; Personalized RSS Feeds

by BenjaminWolfe » Jun 21st, '11, 01:14

Good evening, Adagio!

I'm new to the site, and I love that users can write reviews that show on personal profiles. It's one step better that those can be showcased on Facebook. I'd love to see two more steps, though: links to individual reviews, and RSS feeds of our reviews.

The magic of personal profiles is the appeal to personal pride. Linking my reviews in to one page makes them speak not just about the tea but about me as a reviewer. But wouldn't it take that pride one step further if I could link to my review on Twitter?

Also, as a fledgling user of Tumblr, I know that I can integrate an RSS feed into my Tumblog. If I were intent on posting every last one of my Adagio reviews to Tumblr, I could simply integrate the two seamlessly. Or, some of my geekier friends could use an RSS reader to learn about my personal favorites.

Of course it may be that you already have one or both of these -- but I don't know about them yet. If that's the case, (a) please let me know and (b) please feature them more prominently! Either of these ideas would increase your reach into the world of Twitter / Tumblr / Elsewhere, increase my pride as a reviewer and tea consumer, and make for more loyal customers. In other words, they would fit your current strategy. ;)

Jun 21st, '11, 18:59
Adagio

Re: Links to Individual Reviews; Personalized RSS Feeds

by ilya » Jun 21st, '11, 18:59

Benjamin,

Are you looking for something like this:

http://www.adagio.com/rss/reviews.html?uid=268618

Don't let the html extension fool you as this is in fact an rss feed. Please let me know if this what you were looking for, or if you need the feed alterned in any way.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Ilya

Jun 23rd, '11, 16:49

by BenjaminWolfe » Jun 23rd, '11, 16:49

Hahaaa! <laughing triumphantly> Did you just make that? That's marvelous!

But argh... Tumblr dropped support for importing RSS feeds! (http://bit.ly/j1aXDc) I'll cast about and see if I find a good lifestreaming service that supports RSS feeds.

Meanwhile, I don't suppose it's so easy to link to individual reviews? I still think that would be enormously useful for a customer like me to tweet his/her own reviews.

Jun 23rd, '11, 16:51

by BenjaminWolfe » Jun 23rd, '11, 16:51

Miniscule side note... my profile says I haven't participated in any conversations. Does that mean other people's conversations? Is there a setting I should change?

Jun 23rd, '11, 17:03

by BenjaminWolfe » Jun 23rd, '11, 17:03

OK so I'm a little giddy that you responded... pardon me if I over-post. You know another thing that would be cool is to be able to customize the header and description on the Profile page. You know, where it says...
Customer Profile: Benjamin W.
This page allows you to learn a little about Benjamin. It includes a list of favorite teas, friends that share Benjamin's taste in tea, as well as any contributions to Adagio's community sites such as TeaChat, TeaMap, and TeaChef. We hope you find the info interesting and choose to further explore our tea and teaware.

+ Post Reply