Help needed with flavoured tea from Myanmar

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Jun 25th, '11, 09:36

Help needed with flavoured tea from Myanmar

by Mao-lo » Jun 25th, '11, 09:36

Ok, so... two weeks ago a friend of my mother came back from Malaysia with a bulk of supposedly black average quality tea. In the bag with the leaves there was this label. Can anyone tanslate to English for me please?
Also, the "tea" (sorry, appearently not my cuppa) smells strongly of unsmoked, wet pipe tobacco [smells like Capstan with just a dash of Sirian Latakia, for old pipe smokers like me...], is that normal for Malaysian tea? How am I supposed to brew it?
By maolo86 at 2011-06-25
HD picture available, if anybody need it
I'll add a picture of the leaves tomorrow

EDIT: since the tea is Burmese and not Malayan I changed the title of the thread.
Last edited by Mao-lo on Jun 26th, '11, 03:55, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 25th, '11, 09:48

Re: Help needed with Malaysian flavoured tea

by auhckw » Jun 25th, '11, 09:48

Mao-lo wrote:Ok, so... two weeks ago a friend of my mother came back from Malaysia with a bulk of supposedly black average quality tea. In the bag with the leaves there was this label. Can anyone tanslate to English for me please?
Also, the "tea" (sorry, appearently not my cuppa) smells strongly of unsmoked, wet pipe tobacco [smells like Capstan with just a dash of Sirian Latakia, for old pipe smokers like me...], is that normal for Malaysian tea? How am I supposed to brew it?
By maolo86 at 2011-06-25
HD picture available, if anybody need it
I'll add a picture of the leaves tomorrow
I have never seen this tea b4. The wordings are not our local 'Bahasa Malaysia' either...

Edit: A friend said the wordings looks like Myanmar language... possible is Myanmar tea

Jun 25th, '11, 13:35

Re: Help needed with Malaysian flavoured tea

by Mao-lo » Jun 25th, '11, 13:35

Well, I can only guess that not knowing the local idiom she walked in a teahouse and bought tea from Myanmar while in Kuala Lumpur...cannot belive it, sorry...:lol:

+ Post Reply