Jul 1st, '11, 00:34

Psychological Adjuncts

by SteepingTom » Jul 1st, '11, 00:34

I'm kind of new to loose tea but I was wondering if anyone keeps any other random herbs that they steep with their tea for added effects.

Like something to get you going
Something to help you fall asleep

which I figure would be common... then what i was hoping to find out is cool things i could sometimes add to feel dissociated, or something to feel euphoric. Someone said to get Damiana but googling it makes it seem like a sex tea.

Jul 1st, '11, 06:53
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Psychological Adjuncts

by Drax » Jul 1st, '11, 06:53

I personally do not, but you can pick up any good book on herbal effects to do so.

I took a class on medicinal properties of plants in college and still remember some of the key points -- for example, mistletoe is a vasodialator, which would help relax you. Of course, too much and it would probably end up killing you. The professor enjoyed showing us pictures of "mistletoe tea" for sale in vitamin stores. :D

We definitely heard a lot of stories of people killing themselves by adding the wrong herbs, so please be careful. Of course, this area is steeped with "lore" and less fact. For example, it's been awhile, but I vaguely recall Damiana being a "poor man's marijuana" -- and by "poor man's" I also mean "questionable."

I also vaguely recal camomile being a relaxer, but some people also have an allergic reaction to it...

Best of luck :D

Jul 1st, '11, 08:52

by tortoise » Jul 1st, '11, 08:52

I'm all for the herbal pharmacopeia...I just wouldn't want to add it to the tea I drink each day for pleasure.

Jul 1st, '11, 09:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 1st, '11, 09:28

tortoise wrote:I'm all for the herbal pharmacopeia...I just wouldn't want to add it to the tea I drink each day for pleasure.
+1

I hope this is not going to turn into the new "smokin' green tea" alternative high topic!
If you are looking for alternative highs,
this is not going to fly,
here. :idea: :!: :arrow: :mrgreen:

Jul 1st, '11, 10:09

by tortoise » Jul 1st, '11, 10:09

I think the pathways to dissociation are well established and documented. The tried and true ways work best. I wouldn't ruin your tea with any of it.

Jul 1st, '11, 14:58

by teaisme » Jul 1st, '11, 14:58

this thread reminded me of the movie adaptation :lol:

+ Post Reply