Happy 4th of July 2011 Will tea figure in your day today?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Happy July 4th Will Tea be included along with cooking out today?

Yes, I am cooking out, but tea will definitely figure into my celebrating
17%
While I may not be cooking out today, tea will figure in Nope, not cooking out today, and tea will not be a part of my day
44%
I am not living in the USA, but hope tea will be a part of the day
33%
Other
6%

Total votes: 18

Jul 3rd, '11, 22:08
Scrolling: scrolling

Happy 4th of July 2011 Will tea figure in your day today?

by Chip » Jul 3rd, '11, 22:08

Happy Independence Day
to those celebrating!

Yesterday ... we discussed tea brewing preferences. Please continue to vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Welcome to TeaDay everyone...please brew some tea and share what is in your cup this day...all day!

Simple TeaPoll and discussion topic ... are you cooking out today (USA holiday) and does tea figure into your plans?

As always, we are looking forward to sharing TeaDay with ... everyone ... so, bottoms up, refill, repeat often ...

Jul 4th, '11, 03:30
Vendor Member

Re: Happy 4th of July 2011 Will tea figure in your day today?

by Xell » Jul 4th, '11, 03:30

I'm outside USA and i already had some tea, including matcha :) Some photos below with interesting chawan's that i got to try out. Local shop owner selling some of his used teaware. He doesn't have boxes, but with boxes also half the price goes away :roll: I'm still thinking if i want to get it for myself or not, though i really enjoyed this experience. I lost paper with description of chawan's, so if someone is interested what it is, i can post latter.

I really liked this one, heavy and feels nice in hand. Also i liked cracks in glaze that are barely visible, this probably what i enjoy most. Cracks that are too visible distracting me :)
ImageImageImage

This one meant for summer, i remember at least this :) Really light and thin with a lot of small cracks in glaze. Difficult to prepare matcha, borders are quite low, had to be a lot more precise with my whisking. But reward was better creamy foam, now i will pay more attention to it.
ImageImageImage

p.s.
Really miss my dslr gear, can't take sharp photos with good colors :cry:

Jul 4th, '11, 07:34

by brlarson » Jul 4th, '11, 07:34

We are grilling at home for our family later today, so tea will be a part of the day. I might open a temomicha from Gifu for my brother, an 8 gram pack of Yashiki No Cha for my daughter (from Maiko's February sale), and a Song Zhong #5 for my son.

My wife and I bought road bikes a week ago planning to do day trips this summer rather than spending a week or two at vacation spots. We're lucky because we can day trip to Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, Block Island, Cape Cod, and Rhode Island is covered with bike trails. We've ridden twice so far, 15 miles last weekend and 45 miles this past Saturday -- there might be new saddle in my future (still sore). My knee started bothering me last October and my doctor said running is now out of the question, so biking is my new outdoor, warm-weather exercise.

I'm starting the day with ``88 nights'' shincha from Kaburagien.

Jul 4th, '11, 10:33

by artmom » Jul 4th, '11, 10:33

Attending a huge extended family cookout today to celebrate American Independence Day!!! And my Brother-in-law always brews me up a cuppa' after he finishes making the following:

Texas style Beef Brisket, BBQ Ribs/Chicken, Cole Slaw, Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob, Ice Cream, Watermelon!! Yum! :D

Jul 4th, '11, 10:39

by AdamMY » Jul 4th, '11, 10:39

artmom wrote:Attending a huge extended family cookout today to celebrate American Independence Day!!! And my Brother-in-law always brews me up a cuppa' after he finishes making the following:

Texas style Beef Brisket, BBQ Ribs/Chicken, Cole Slaw, Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob, Ice Cream, Watermelon!! Yum! :D
I wanted to use one of the smilies but there isn't one with its mouth hanging open and drooling. Sounds wonderful!

My family and I have been taking it somewhat easy these past few years as the family has sort of scattered, but we do have lots of good desserts because it is my Grandmothers birthday. (She's 92!)

Jul 4th, '11, 10:41

by nrstooge » Jul 4th, '11, 10:41

Not doing anything to celebrate the 4th at all.. never do, but I am going to go make a pot of tea (diet pepsi isn't cutting it this morning - hee hee). Now comes the big decision, black, green or white... hmmm...

Jul 4th, '11, 14:26

by gargoylekitty » Jul 4th, '11, 14:26

Had some Hattialli Golden Lion Assam before heading out the door to work this morning, we had to come in earlier due to the holiday. Now home again and thinking some Nan-zen from Maiko sounds about right.

Not planning on anything for the day beyond post-work relaxing/tea/drawing. :mrgreen:

Jul 4th, '11, 14:54

by JRS22 » Jul 4th, '11, 14:54

No BBQ for me this year. I just got back from vacation late yesterday and my housemate is working. After 12 days w/o tea I decided to end my tea fast with some 2011 TPHK. Now I'm thinking of opening one of the other 25 gm packs from Jing. I need to try them all so I if I want more I can add it to my TPHK order.
Last edited by JRS22 on Jul 4th, '11, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 4th, '11, 14:59

by debunix » Jul 4th, '11, 14:59

I'll be bringing a bottle of cold-brewed Da Yu Ling to the fireworks this evening.

Starting my teaday late with a gyokuro from Wing Hop Fung.

Jul 4th, '11, 23:49

by Skippyandjif » Jul 4th, '11, 23:49

I didn't cook out today, but I did drink a lot of tea! A LOT of tea. It was the hottest it's been all year, and I was jumping around playing DDR for like an hour and a half, so I drank great quantities of iced green tea. :lol: Other than that, I had some pu-erh when I woke up this morning, and I'm drinking some lavender sencha right now.

Jul 5th, '11, 01:38

by Chip » Jul 5th, '11, 01:38

No cooking out here ... too bad, love a good cookout! But there was tea!

Began with a first tasting of Guricha Tokujo from Xell with the Mrs. Next up ... organic Kagoshima Asamushi.

Great TeaDay, though would have been better with one more tea.

Jul 5th, '11, 01:40

by Chip » Jul 5th, '11, 01:40

Hmmm, how can I carry this topic over to Tuesday July 5th???

Well ... I guess not ... :roll:

Jul 5th, '11, 03:18

by debunix » Jul 5th, '11, 03:18

Ate food someone else cooked on the grill, but at least it was outside, picnic-style, while waiting for fireworks, and capped the meal with a cookie and some cold-brewed Da Yu Ling.

It was a very colorful show.

Fireworks, La Crescenta by debunix, on Flickr