Tuesday TeaDay 7/5/11 TeaProminator?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic. How prominent will tea be in your day today? Predict if you must! Please share.

Extremely
27%
Very
40%
Moderately
27%
Modestly
7%
Negligible
No votes
Nilllllll
No votes

Total votes: 15

Jul 5th, '11, 01:53
Scrolling: scrolling

Tuesday TeaDay 7/5/11 TeaProminator?

by Chip » Jul 5th, '11, 01:53

Greetings TeaFriends! Please be friendly and share what is in your cup throughout the day. Also discuss the topic of the day.

Yesterday we discussed cookingout and tea. Two great topics! Please continue to discuss yesterday's topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic. How prominent will tea be in your day today? Predict if you must! Please share.

We are looking forward to sharing this TeaDay with ... everyone. Bottoms up.

Jul 5th, '11, 04:43

Re: Tuesday TeaDay 7/5/11 TeaProminator?

by Nenugal » Jul 5th, '11, 04:43

After some very busy days I need lots of tea today :mrgreen:
I started the teaday with 2009 Kan Tou - Stone Wall Edge Dan Cong from TeaHabitat. I'm now on the 10th infusion and it's still good.
Also, I had the first matcha session with my new Andrzej Bero raku chawan. Unfortunately the water got a bit too cold while I was busy taking pictures, but it ended up being quite good anyway :lol:

Jul 5th, '11, 08:36

by vacuithe » Jul 5th, '11, 08:36

After a few days without tea for a special occasion (I'm dad for the second time :), I need tea to keep awake and to celebrate babygirl #2.
I'm back at the office, so I started this morning with a 2010 Hon Yama sencha from Thés du Japon (http://www.thes-du-japon.com/), and I'm currently brewing a 2008 sheng puerh. This evening, I will visit a guy found on the web who will initiate me to tabla (indians percussions), so I will bring him some puerh as gift (hope he likes tea :).

Jul 5th, '11, 08:45

by Chip » Jul 5th, '11, 08:45

vacuithe wrote:After a few days without tea for a special occasion (I'm dad for the second time :), I need tea to keep awake and to celebrate babygirl #2.
Congratulations vacuithe!

Jul 5th, '11, 09:38

by David R. » Jul 5th, '11, 09:38

Congrats once again ! :)

Tomorrow, I am leaving for a two day business trip with no time nor the possibility to brew decent tea. So today, I am drinking a lot !

Saemidori shincha from Thés du Japon : trying out low temp brew (60°C/2min), very cool result ;
Rimpo Gyokuro from Ippodo (2009, bought on location) : still very very nice, a bit grassy but maybe it will benefit from being aired a bit. Sweet and lingering aftertaste ;
Bin Dao raw puerh 2011 (sample) : presently preheating the gaiwan...

Jul 5th, '11, 12:24

by JRS22 » Jul 5th, '11, 12:24

I'm still compensating for the 12 day tea famine I suffered through while I was away. I began the day with 2011 An Ji Bai Cha from Jing. The fragrance and flavor were amazing. This tea and TPHK were my two favorite Chinese greens last year. They're definitely better this year and now I understand why people were complaining about the 2010 harvest.

Next up a tea that's new to me - Gu Zhu Zi Sun. I have to decide whether or not to include this tea in my next order. Too much tea is better than not enough!!!

Jul 5th, '11, 17:22

by rhondabee » Jul 5th, '11, 17:22

I am drinking green tea (Korean SeJak Spring 2011) today to sooth myself. My dog escaped my yard last night after some loud fireworks went off and I didn't find him until 4 hours later and now he has a limp today. The vet doesn't feel it is a fracture but if he's no better by Thursday he will be x-rayed. And that dang Casey Anthony got off scot free.

Jul 5th, '11, 20:22

by rosmarinaus » Jul 5th, '11, 20:22

I had a nice Yunnan black this morning and switched to the lowest price TKY from Teaspring. It's nice, but I'd been a little frustrated at not getting more flavor from it before, but I think I hit a nice sweet spot with it today, a really buttery and mouth-filling flavor with the 3rd and 4th infusions. It made this novice happy! I followed some advice I read in another Teachat thread about preheating the gaiwan, using 200F or so for the first infusion, then going to a lower temp for the next few. Yum yum.

Jul 5th, '11, 21:06

by DoctorD » Jul 5th, '11, 21:06

On a normal TeaDay I do three sessions, morning, afternoon, and evening. (Roughly corresponding to the three prayer offices I try to observe each day as a lay confrater of a Benedictine monastery.) This morning I finished off some Dragon Whiskers green from TeaTrekkers. This afternoon it was some Baozhong, brewed gongfu-style in a, gulp, kyusu; oh the horror. In a few minutes it will be, let's see, perhaps some Korean Sejak from last year that needs finishing. (On Casey Anthony I have no opinion, but there's a whole political party full of folks out there who are currently getting off scot free with being utter lunatics, and that does seem to call for a meditative, relaxing cup or two. <g>)

Jul 5th, '11, 21:46

by Chip » Jul 5th, '11, 21:46

I have been in a bit of a funk for the last 2 weeks, I wish tea was a "fix-all." :?

Tea was rather prominent in the TeaDay today ... 3 teas throughout the day. Began with shincha organic asamushi from Kagoshima with the Mrs.

Next up ... shincha Guricha from Xell, second tasting. This was much better than the first try, more veggie and flavorful and aromatic. Used slightly hotter water.

And last tea, Warashina Supreme organic, 2010.

Jul 5th, '11, 22:43

by Skippyandjif » Jul 5th, '11, 22:43

Extremely! It's the first thing I do upon waking up, after I shower-- I immediately go downstairs and put the kettle on for tea. Once I'm done drinking hot tea, my afternoon is full of breaks for iced tea because we're having some hot weather... And then I have tea right before I go to bed, as sort of a signal that my day's ending. So I guess tea is kind of how I break up my day.

Pu-erh this morning; nearly a gallon of iced green tea throughout the day today (like I said: it was HOT today, and I was very active, so hydration was in order :lol: ); currently waiting on a rosemary tisane to cool down so I can drink it.

Jul 5th, '11, 22:51

by AdamMY » Jul 5th, '11, 22:51

Did not realize tea would play such a big role in my day today. In fact it played an amazing role in my day today. I had two very good teas, and received an order of tea today.

Jul 6th, '11, 00:15

by Chip » Jul 6th, '11, 00:15

AdamMY wrote: In fact it played an amazing role in my day today. I had two very good teas, and received an order of tea today.
Adam, what 2 teas did you find amazing and what teas did you receive today?

Jul 6th, '11, 00:21

by AdamMY » Jul 6th, '11, 00:21

Chip wrote:
AdamMY wrote: In fact it played an amazing role in my day today. I had two very good teas, and received an order of tea today.
Adam, what 2 teas did you find amazing and what teas did you receive today?

Started off the day with Kanro Gyokuro, always a solid tea to have any day. Then a package arrived from Dao Tea. Not sure if I can openly announce what was in it, but it included some teas which might be added to their arsenal of Korean teas. I went on to try one which sounded quite intriguing and it was incredible.

Jul 6th, '11, 10:10

by debunix » Jul 6th, '11, 10:10

Tea was not as prominent as usual yesterday, but still managed a batch of shu puerh to share; to finish the session of 2009 Lao Mansa sheng puerh from Norbu, started the day before, and some cold-brewed Da Yu Ling at the end of the day.

The tea tray never came my way at the restaurant for dinner, which was too bad, because it looked like they had some good herbal teas.