Tobacco Teabags?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Jul 6th, '11, 15:44

Tobacco Teabags?

by Tuckertea » Jul 6th, '11, 15:44

Mod EDIT: I moved this from TeaBlog to Other Tea, leaving a "shadow" under TeaBlogs temporarily.
Hello --

I did a GOOGLE search for "tobacco tea" and found someone here who was wondering if anyone ever made tea from tobacco. This is what I did several years ago. Having been a pot smoker for a long time I was curious about the possibility of making tea from maarijuana. I never tried it. But I did use tobacco once and the results were dramatic. What I did was squeeze out the equivalent of ONE cigarette's worth of tobacco into a Celestial Seasonings teabag of Lemon Zinger blend and steeped it in very hot water. After the first swallow I could feel the difference. My head and body became kind of fuzzy all over. I had a nicotine rush from the tea that lasted about three hours. When I told my sister, a master herbologist, she nearly wrote me off saying that tobacco in tea form could be toxic. Heck, I was just thinking that it could be an effective way of getting nicotine into the bloodstream and therefore NOT burning it because that's where we get TAR from. I have made tea out of ordinary sage brush (White Sage) and the effects in my body and mind were very interesting. I could focus better! I also smoked some of the sage and got the same reaction only more acute as far as being more focused, for doing certain things such as watching TV. I look forward to any comments!

Robert
Rocky Ford, Colorado

Jul 6th, '11, 16:27
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Tobacco Teabags?

by Chip » Jul 6th, '11, 16:27

This might not be the forum for this discussion since we discuss tea in its purest forms on TeaChat.

This is not a forum that discusses illegal drugs and mind altering effects of potentially harmful substances. Discussion of illegal substances is prohibited in our forum's rules.

Therefore I do not see much of a future for this topic.

Chip
Immoderate TeaDrinker who happens to Moderate

Jul 7th, '11, 11:30

by tortoise » Jul 7th, '11, 11:30

Tuckertea wrote:[ I have made tea out of ordinary sage brush (White Sage) and the effects in my body and mind were very interesting. I could focus better! I also smoked some of the sage and got the same reaction only more acute as far as being more focused, for doing certain things such as watching TV. I look forward to any comments!

Robert
Rocky Ford, Colorado
But will you use your new found TV-watching super-power for good? With great power comes great responsibility. :lol:

What heights of human achievement will we not obtain!

Jul 7th, '11, 14:24

by teaisme » Jul 7th, '11, 14:24

yeah buddy steeping cigs does not sound very good for you...sure you don't get tar, but you ingest a lot of stuff that would otherwise be burned off by the heat of the fire. I think your sis was right about it being toxic.

I think if you want something to keep you alert so you can watch tv :?: you can just drink some tea! Or better yet ask your sis isn't she a master herbologist?

Jul 16th, '11, 13:43

by teaguyin » Jul 16th, '11, 13:43

I would sip that all day

Jul 16th, '11, 14:48

by Ansel » Jul 16th, '11, 14:48

If you are an existing smoker i would recommend switching to Swedish snus which is in basic terms tobacco in small tea-bags. You can read about them here:

smokers only dot org/others/RCP%20Report%2010507.pdf

They go very well with some Lapsang Souchong!
Last edited by Chip on Jul 21st, '11, 18:44, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Mod edit: link broken but can still figure it out easily enough.

Jul 16th, '11, 14:52

by Ansel » Jul 16th, '11, 14:52

If you were to make a tobacco tea it would have to be with air-cured tobacco and pastuerised like Swedish snus to ensure a low amount of nitrosamines.

Jul 20th, '11, 18:55

by Kunkali » Jul 20th, '11, 18:55

The compounds in tobacco are no good for consumption...very irritating to the GI tract, hence why some people vomit after swallowing chewing tobacco juice, and most definitely carcinogenic

Jul 20th, '11, 19:07

by woozl » Jul 20th, '11, 19:07

Drinking nicotine, snortin' matcha :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh wait a minute, I got some drain cleaner around here somewhere.....
Ahhhh :mrgreen:

Jul 21st, '11, 15:09

by Ansel » Jul 21st, '11, 15:09

I agree but if you already smoke then switching to a smokeless tobacco is far safer.

See here: smokersonly dot org/

And this report: smokersonly dot org/others/RCP%20Report%20100507.pdf
Last edited by Chip on Jul 21st, '11, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: MOD Edit: Link broken due to forum rules violation. Please read forum rules, in particular regarding new members and posting links and self promotional links and posts.

Jul 21st, '11, 18:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 21st, '11, 18:57

Safer? Give me a break. Have you seen photos of the deformed victims of mouth cancer, etc. And drinking the stuff, I can only imagine what bodily harm this could do.

Safer, this sounds like the tobacco industry rhetoric of the last century.

If you want to smoke, power to you. If you want to chew, power to you. If you want to drink cancer "tea," more power to you. But do not try and push this safe propaganda here. Nicotine is a highly addictive and dangerous drug.
Dictionary.com wrote:a colorless, oily, water-soluble, highly toxic, liquid alkaloid, C 1 0 H 1 4 N 2 , found in tobacco and valued as an insecticide.
Also, skip the smokersonly dot org links. I will break or delete them each time.

Sep 30th, '11, 14:53

by Ansel » Sep 30th, '11, 14:53

You know what's dangerous Chip? You saying Swedish snus is dangerous when in actual fact it could save many people from smoking. It's said to be as harmless as say drinking coffee.

Sep 30th, '11, 14:53

by Ansel » Sep 30th, '11, 14:53

Show me one case of mouth cancer from Swedish snus not dip not moist snuff but Swedish snus.

Sep 30th, '11, 14:55

by Ansel » Sep 30th, '11, 14:55

Nicotine is a highly addictive drug but as for dangerous i beg to differ.

It's also said to be a performance enhancing drug, which if you'd let me post a link i could show you.

+ Post Reply