Jul 7th, '11, 13:42

Looking for Teashops, San Fransico, Fishermans Wharf Area

by AdamMY » Jul 7th, '11, 13:42

My family and I are taking a trip out to California in about a week, and my mother was thinking one day we can stop by a tea place. She is already considering Imperial Tea Court, but I thought I would turn to the wisdom of Tea Chat especially since we have many West Cost members.

We are first and foremost looking for somewhere that offers tea services, but not English/ Western style. My mother got this idea because a few years ago she traveled to a place in Washington that had this wonderful tea garden, that had all sorts of different styles of tea service, but she had no clue what any of them were, and she is hoping with me along I can steer her towards something that will be new and exiting for her, that she will hopefully like very much.

Jul 7th, '11, 13:57

Re: Looking for Teashops, San Fransico, Fishermans Warf Area

by teaisme » Jul 7th, '11, 13:57

I think you all would be very interested in the japanese tea garden at golden gate park

I have never been, but hear so many good things about it. There is also a tea shop inside where they offer teas and japanese snacks.
There is a fee to go inside but I am sure it would be beautiful this time of year and well worth it.

Jul 7th, '11, 17:06
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Looking for Teashops, San Fransico, Fishermans Wharf Area

by rdl » Jul 7th, '11, 17:06

imperial tea court chose a perfect location - any reason to linger at the ferry building is worth it!

Jul 7th, '11, 19:40

by JRS22 » Jul 7th, '11, 19:40

When I first started drinking Chinese greens I drank a lot of Jasmine tea. I ordered from a number of places and the Imperial Tea Court had the best. Maybe one excursion for Japanese tea and one day for Chinese.

Jul 7th, '11, 20:16

by debunix » Jul 7th, '11, 20:16

Fisherman's Wharf is not nearly as interesting as the Ferry Building, which has Scharffenberger chocolates, Recchiuti Chocolates, Acme bread, Cowgirl creamery cheeses, and the Imperial Tea Court. Much better foodie location in my not-so-humble opinion.

Jul 7th, '11, 22:15

by guitar9876 » Jul 7th, '11, 22:15

Definitely check out Red Blossom tea in Chinatown. It's the best teashop by far in the SF area in my opinion... :wink: Though it is a little too pricey for a starving college student as myself, it's always a joy to go down, drink good tea and chat it up with the owners.

Jul 8th, '11, 13:29

by Chimpie » Jul 8th, '11, 13:29

guitar9876 wrote:Definitely check out Red Blossom tea in Chinatown. It's the best teashop by far in the SF area in my opinion... :wink: Though it is a little too pricey for a starving college student as myself, it's always a joy to go down, drink good tea and chat it up with the owners.

I second that.... was there in march and got loads of goodies...

+ Post Reply