Hello from Florida

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jul 4th, '11, 20:15

Hello from Florida

by Fuyou » Jul 4th, '11, 20:15

Hello!

I stumbled upon this forum a little while ago, and have not left since! This place is just as addicting as tea.

My primary focus in tea is in Japanese tea. I lived in Japan two years ago as an exchange student, and I joined my university's tea ceremony club. So, my favorite tea to drink quickly became matcha. While I'm not in a position now to take formal lessons (something I'm trying to change), I still practice on my own, and I love collecting tea ceremony tools, especially chawan!

I've also been moving into drinking higher quality leaf tea, sencha and gyokuro in particular, and this forum has been great for giving me tips on what to try.

My other hobbies include collecting kimono, Japanese incense, photography, drawing, and cooking. I also have a gallery in Deviantart (and also partly Flickr) under the name Fuyou-hime, that both show the healthy obsession I have with maiko-san and geiko-san.

Jul 4th, '11, 21:22

Re: Hello from Florida

by iannon » Jul 4th, '11, 21:22

Welcome! I stumbled on this pace a couple-three years ago and havent left since..and yes..we are enablers here..for tea AND teaware!

Jul 6th, '11, 13:58
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 6th, '11, 13:58

I found TeaChat more than 5 years ago ... yes, we are enablers in more ways than one!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum and letting us know what's in your cup in TeaDay! :mrgreen:

Jul 6th, '11, 14:42
Scrolling: scrolling

by Proinsias » Jul 6th, '11, 14:42

Welcome Fuyou, I think you'll feel quite at home here

Jul 8th, '11, 14:02

by Fuyou » Jul 8th, '11, 14:02

Thank you very much, I'm looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Ah, enablers indeed. I've already noticed a need to improve my tea and teaware collection, and already I'm waiting anxiously for my next order of tea.

Jul 8th, '11, 20:53

by BioHorn » Jul 8th, '11, 20:53

Fuyou,
Welcome to the forum! Looks like you fit right in with our great Japanese oriented (no pun intended) support group.

+ Post Reply