Blend Availability?

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jun 23rd, '11, 04:34

Blend Availability?

by Christa Y. » Jun 23rd, '11, 04:34

Like many Adagio customers, I love the unique signature blend functionality of the Adagio brand -- love the inspirational creativity factor, love the personalization of flavors, love the bag, love the shoes, love everything, heh. Therein lies my (slightly) hand-wringing question: how often do blend ingredients come back into stock?

A great number of teas for blend creation seem to be out of stock at this time. I counted 45 (out of 144) varietals being out of stock, which seems a small ratio, yet the 45 include many of the most popular tea flavors: no vanilla, no cream, and not many of the flavors and herbals are available for blends right now.

This being the current case, it looks like there are a lot of featured blends currently left out in the stockless cold, unavailable for purchase. Many (more than half) of my own signature blends are out of stock, for example, and have been that way for some time. One can hardly create a new blend when one's anticipated flavors are unavailable from the get-go.

Are blend stocks replenished according to any particular schedule? Is Adagio phasing blends out of its future, perhaps? I haven't seen this particular quandry addressed anywhere else (or rather, recently), so I figured I'd throw it out there into the yawning maw of internet ether!
Last edited by Christa Y. on Jul 11th, '11, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 11th, '11, 17:07

Re: Blend Availability?

by Christa Y. » Jul 11th, '11, 17:07

Still haven't heard anything on this. Blend ingredients still remain out of stock, and half of all blends remain unavailable for purchase.

Is anyone from Adagio listening out there? Is there any light to be shed?

Jul 13th, '11, 08:37

by ChristineAdagio » Jul 13th, '11, 08:37

Hi Christa,
Blends are generally made on demand from what we have in stock. It all depends on the availability of the blend components, as well as what's available in our NJ vs. CA warehouses. In addition, some of the blends you may be seeing as unavailable may contain components that we just don't stock anymore, like banana tea or rum tea. Others are waiting for particular components to be produced - we have a queue of flavored teas that our blender is flavoring each day.

We just sent a big shipment to our CA warehouse to restock many items, which should help with the availability of your blends.

In the future, you'll get a much faster answer by emailing info at adagio dot com than posting here :)

Cheers,
Christine

Jul 14th, '11, 02:22

by Christa Y. » Jul 14th, '11, 02:22

Thank you, Christine! Your info is much appreciated! I am intrigued by the idea that Adagio uses a blending middleman (middleperson? middlecompany?) to produce its flavored teas ... I never really thought about it before, though, and it makes sense. Some good insight into the flavor process, there.

I've tried that email address before, unfortunately, but have never received a response. Perhaps I am asking the wrong questions. :p

Thanks again! Carry on! :]

Jul 14th, '11, 08:56

by ChristineAdagio » Jul 14th, '11, 08:56

No blending middle-man here; just our in-house blender, who has a long queue before him :) We purchase the natural flavorings, and have him work his magic here at the warehouse.

I'm the one answering the info address as of early June, and I try to answer even the most obscure questions to the best of my ability!

+ Post Reply