In search of a great tea.

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Re: In search of a great tea.

Postby sherubtse » Jul 7th, '11, 21:52

Olmanrivah wrote:That Assam is a very nice tea. A nice mellow taste with plenty of tea flavor. Another great Black Tea.

Yeah, I really like Assams as well, much better in fact than any Darjeeling I have ever tasted. But I like my Assams very tippy so as to balance the "harshness" of the maltiness.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
sherubtse

Postby garrettmc » Jul 9th, '11, 12:44

GOLDEN MONKEY GOLDEN MONKEY OR GOLDEN MONKEY. i think yunnan gold is good too though :P
garrettmc

Postby Olmanrivah » Jul 13th, '11, 18:26

Went back and tried some Orange Pekoe Tea I had which I thought was pretty good. Boy, does that bring out how good that Assam Tea is. The Assam had a lot more Tea flavor, aroma, and just a better cup of tea for me.
Olmanrivah

Postby Olmanrivah » Jul 13th, '11, 18:31

garrettmc wrote:GOLDEN MONKEY GOLDEN MONKEY OR GOLDEN MONKEY. i think yunnan gold is good too though :P

Hmmm....I don't have any Golden Monkey to try. How would you rate it against an Assam?
Olmanrivah

Postby Olmanrivah » Jul 15th, '11, 18:23

Tonight I'm trying an Earl Grey. It has a strange fruity flavor. Not at the top of my great list.
Olmanrivah

Postby Olmanrivah » Jul 26th, '11, 22:32

Trying an English Breakfast. Now this is a strong robust tea. Actually pretty good if you like strong teas.
Olmanrivah

Postby nrstooge » Jul 27th, '11, 20:56

I have 3 go to teas for the morning: and they are from Adagio: Iris Breakfast, English Breakfast and Earl Gray Bravo, I also have Earl Gray Creme from Teavana which is really good.

Now... to find a good Scottish Breakfast tea - those tend to be more woodsy which I like...
nrstooge

Postby garrettmc » Jul 27th, '11, 21:01

Honestly I'm pretty new to full leaft tea. I've only been drinking it about 6 months so I've never tried an assam but I can tell you that Golden Monkey is pretty suberb. It's not at all what i expected from a black tea. There is really no astringency and it goes down very smoothly!
garrettmc

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions