Fri/Sat TeaDay 7/22-23/11 Mountain top tea anyone?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Yesterday and today are EPIC mountain stages of the Tour de France. So, name the tea you would most likely bring along for mountain top TEA? Please share.

a black
8%
oolong
29%
green
4%
white
No votes
yellow
No votes
pu-erh
No votes
other
4%
Bonus, Chinese
21%
Bonus, Taiwanese
13%
Bonus, Japanese
17%
Bonus, Indian
4%
Bonus, Darjeeling or similar
No votes
Bonus, other
No votes

Total votes: 24

Jul 23rd, '11, 12:52

Re: Friday TeaDay 7/22/11 Mountain top tea anyone?

by artmom » Jul 23rd, '11, 12:52

Chip wrote:To our friends from Norway, our heartfelt condolences on the losses of your fellow country men, women and children.
Had not had the news on; my deepest condolences to our Norwegian friends.

My heart is heavy.

Lyn

Jul 23rd, '11, 14:14

Re: Fri/Sat TeaDay 7/22-23/11 Mountain top tea anyone?

by debunix » Jul 23rd, '11, 14:14

Today, I'm starting the teaDay with a fantastic brewing of 'Aoi' sencha from O-Cha in my Petr Novak Shiboridashi, which just arrived last night, drinking from the teacup from the same SO. Perfect pairing.

Jul 23rd, '11, 15:59

by Trey Winston » Jul 23rd, '11, 15:59

Chip wrote:To our friends from Norway, our heartfelt condolences on the losses of your fellow country men, women and children.
Thank you for the sympathy, it's much appreciated. It's a sad day here, everyone is just stunned and no one can really understand what's happened.

Jul 23rd, '11, 16:17
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 23rd, '11, 16:17

artmom wrote:
Chip wrote:. . .
Enjoyed a truly epic stage this evening of the Tour de France including insane climbs up the Galibier and a mountaintop finish on l'Alpe d' Huez.
14 year old granddaughter Alex and I watched it, too! Some of those spectators are jerks!!! :lol: I was able to give her a history lesson and a geography lesson, along with a culture/sports lesson at the same time and she enjoyed it!! She felt that some of the spectators were "unfair" to the riders. I do love that child (that is on the brink of womanhood)!! :)
Yes, the fans can be a lot of things including jerks. Cycling is a rare sport where the fans can have very close contact with the racers during the actual races/stages ... and often take this liberty too far including contact and excessive heckling. I saw one guy getting on Contador dressed in a doctor's garb obviously calling him a doper as he climbed 15 miles up Galibier.

I can truly appreciate the efforts these guys put in, especially as I climb the mole hill mountains in this area. :mrgreen:

The bonus question of the day was ... inspiring mountains. Obviously Fuji inspires me, but many of the mountains I see during the Tour inspire me to literally get on my bike and ride. l'Alpe d' Huez is likely the cycling mountain that inspires me the most.

In their own way, the small by comparison mountains here inspire me as well as I ride.

And I have seen way more than my share of Everest documentaries ...

Jul 23rd, '11, 16:23

by Chip » Jul 23rd, '11, 16:23

OK, as usual, I forgot to add the second vote option to the poll. You can now cast a second vote ... :roll:

Great TD began with a blend of several sencha that was OK but not stellar. Next up, OTTI tasting of Yutaka Midori with the Mrs. that was stellar. But alas, all YM is now used.

Might cold brew something ... it is hot, but not as hot as yesterday's all time record for this county of 106* F (41.1* C). Right now at 4:23 PM it isw 100* with a heat index of 105* ...

Jul 23rd, '11, 17:27

by JBaymore » Jul 23rd, '11, 17:27

And from me. It is mindboggling how someone, even if totally deranged, can cold-bloodedly and wantonly kill children.

It is impossible to even write anything that is in any way meaningful in the face of something like this.

:cry: best,

john

Jul 24th, '11, 01:34

by Chip » Jul 24th, '11, 01:34

Finishing another HOT TD with hot brewed SLT sencha on ice with a touch of honey. This came out remarkably well even though it was 6th and 7th steeps.

Aug 6th, '11, 16:31

by AscendingAromatics » Aug 6th, '11, 16:31

I have to say, Nothing says outdoors/camping quite like a cup of Lapsang Souchong Black Tea. Its campfire-like aromatics plus smokey tones just scream outdoors as they dance off the pallet. So, My recommendation would First be the Lapsang, But for those that don't prefer to bring tea on the trail, A nice hot cup of Pine Needle Tea off of a nearby evergreen seems to capture the moment, surroundings and landscape. So, next time your out there hiking, Pick off a few bunches of needles and steep them on up. Enjoy! :D -Frank