coffee flavored tea

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Aug 24th, '05, 12:58

by Marlene » Aug 24th, '05, 12:58

I live in Utah. The grapes are on SALE this week!!
I actually got to try a grapple. (i'm in good with the produce guys) They were...interesting. Odd, definetly odd, but in a good way I suppose. I still think it's against nature though...
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Aug 26th, '05, 21:45

teavana

by friggin_genius » Aug 26th, '05, 21:45

order a blend of mate vana and roobios toffee. I've had that before and that taste alot like coffe. It's pretty good.

Aug 26th, '05, 21:46

by friggin_genius » Aug 26th, '05, 21:46

oops, forgot to mention it's from teavana.com

Aug 26th, '05, 21:52

by PeteVu » Aug 26th, '05, 21:52

thanks! ill try that out. theres a teavana in my favorite mall in Houston.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Aug 28th, '05, 23:00

Re: coffee flavored tea

by Ric » Aug 28th, '05, 23:00

teachat wrote:I am looking for a gift for a special friend of mine. An old japanese woman once gave her 4 tea bags in a baggie and said try this...good tea..she loved it and described the tea as a coffee flavored grainy type tea. HELP!!! does nayone have any ideas what this type of tea may have been or better question..where do i find it???

Dee Osborn
Besides saying something like "Gross!"

I'll just say "Yuck!"

Well, now that I've got that out of the way - just brew your tea in someone's coffee maker! Trust me the coffee flavor is in the tea you just brewed! "Gag!"

I always order unsweetened iced tea with my lunch or dinner if I eat out - and some restaurants have gross mistake of brewing their iced tea in the same place/containers they brew their coffee in - it's to easy to tell! "Puke!"

Okay, have a nice and coffee free day! :wink:
In God's Grace,
Ric

Mar 4th, '10, 18:39

by pchalon » Mar 4th, '10, 18:39

so answer to the coffee flavored tea thing....try brewing equal parts of barley tea and corn tea.Might be really surprised

Apr 17th, '10, 22:42

by Orestes88 » Apr 17th, '10, 22:42

teachat wrote:I am looking for a gift for a special friend of mine. An old japanese woman once gave her 4 tea bags in a baggie and said try this...good tea..she loved it and described the tea as a coffee flavored grainy type tea. HELP!!! does nayone have any ideas what this type of tea may have been or better question..where do i find it???

Dee Osborn
I have possibly discovered what tea you are referring to. Recently a friend and myself visited a tea shop where we happened to see a tea that we had never seen or heard of before through our many visits to their store and website. They call it "Masica" -it is grainy and has a coffee like smell and taste. We did not have time to ask where it came from and other information, but we figured we could find out about it online. There has so far been no information regarding it and it eventually led me here. I hope that this is helpful to you in your search. If you are interested in a few other teas which have a natural coffee/cocoa taste, I would recommend Kali Cha or Strong Fire. both of these teas are oolongs and can be found and purchased here: www.taooftea.com. Kali Cha and Strong Fire are both very good, but the Masica more closely resembles what you are speaking about. Again hope this helps.

May 21st, '10, 16:10

by drinkster » May 21st, '10, 16:10

Im an avid tea drinker. What ever next a tea flavoured coffee. Why not invent a drink and call it teaffee

May 23rd, '10, 13:56

by rabbit » May 23rd, '10, 13:56

If it was from an old Japanese lady I'm 99% sure it was mugicha, which is roasted barley tisane, it has a distinct coffee-like flavor and aroma and it's very common in Japan and Korea. If you need a good link for where you can buy some just PM me.

And as for vv teaffee vv, my friend was living in China for awhile and said that alot of people in the area his was would drink "coffee-tea" which was very dark black tea mixed 50/50 with coffee, he said it was really good.
drinkster wrote:Im an avid tea drinker. What ever next a tea flavoured coffee. Why not invent a drink and call it teaffee

+ Post Reply