Mon/Tues TeaDay &/!-2/11 FreeDay TeaDay

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Aug 1st, '11, 01:11
Scrolling: scrolling

Mon/Tues TeaDay &/!-2/11 FreeDay TeaDay

by Chip » Aug 1st, '11, 01:11

Greetings TeaFriends. Today is a FreeDay on TeaDay. I need a breather and to deal with a few things.

Please share what is in your cup throughout the day.

And discuss the past weekend's topic. your best tea for July.

And discuss whatever here today in our TeaRoom. :mrgreen:

We are looking forward to sharing this TeaDay with ... everyone. Bottoms up.

Aug 1st, '11, 13:26

Re: Monday TeaDay &/!/11 FreeDay TeaDay

by TeaINfuse » Aug 1st, '11, 13:26

big red robe for the morning cup ice tea this afternoon and Lapsang Souchong tonight i think

Aug 1st, '11, 14:06

by teaisme » Aug 1st, '11, 14:06

some high mountain oolong today followed by a taiwanese assam

is it weekend yet? :mrgreen:

Aug 1st, '11, 14:10

by Chip » Aug 1st, '11, 14:10

Began the TD with Yutaka Midori from O-Cha with the Mrs., perhaps the best steepings of this new version. Unfortunately, this is also the end of the bag! :( I wonder if this gets a bit better after being open for a bit.

New kettle arrived today, the new VarieTea from Adagio. Hope to break it in later ...

Aug 1st, '11, 16:27

by FlyedPiper » Aug 1st, '11, 16:27

Had the last bits of some kiri-no-mori matcha today, and getting into the kiku mukashi now. I don't find much difference to be honest- I was expecting more. Kiku is less "chalky" and a little smoother, but not twice-the-price smoother.

Sae Midori from the O-C after work tonight.

Aug 1st, '11, 23:08

by Skippyandjif » Aug 1st, '11, 23:08

Well, I finally decided to get my butt in gear and start on my grad school applications (they're not due until January, but still...), so that's been on my mind all day. As a result, my consumption of hot tea went waaaay up. :lol: If I'm stressed out, you'll find me with a cup of tea practically glued to my hand...as opposed to a cup of tea simply within reach, hahaha.

A lot of very strong pu-erh this morning; a lot a lot a LOT of iced green tea because it was quite hot in the house; currently making a pot of chrysanthemum tisane so I can calm down.

Aug 2nd, '11, 02:11

by Chip » Aug 2nd, '11, 02:11

Great TD continued with Aoi from O-Cha and Yame from Xell. And now SLT on ice with a touch of honey. Nice.

Yesterday's FreeDay continues one more day.
So please drop in and share what is in your cup throughout the day.

Also discuss whatever is on your mind, this is our TeaRoom!

TeaDay will return on Wednesday!
:mrgreen:

Aug 2nd, '11, 02:47
Vendor Member

by IPT » Aug 2nd, '11, 02:47

Hello all. I hope you are all having wonderful tea-filled days.

So far today I have been drinking a Maojian Green Tea made here in Guilin. This tea is fantastic. It has such a smooth, almost buttery taste to it. I picked it up at a local tea plantation. Normally I do not drink a single tea for more than one session, but this tea is just so nice.

Aug 2nd, '11, 02:53
Vendor Member

by Xell » Aug 2nd, '11, 02:53

Several days already i'm tea high :D Drinking Japanese teas like usual, but added to this different samples of Taiwanese high mountain oolongs, Assam and Darjeeling black teas. Some white tea samples still not opened :?

Have mixed feelings about all those samples, i like them, yet i like my usual Japanese teas a lot more. Two samples stand out more than others. Ming Xiang dong ding from 'teafromtaiwan' and orthodox masala chai from 'Lochan'. I enjoyed experience with balled oolong, really nice how leafs expand and change shape. Quite amazing, that from a tiny tea ball whole young branch with 3 leafs appears. There is a possibility i'll get this again. With masala chai it's more simple, i like sweet things and this tea is amazingly good when boiled only with milk and sugar. Really nice with a piece of fresh bread :) It's cheap, i will get it for sure.

Overall nice experience, i've changed my mind and want to try all types or category of tea at least once. What i think and know about tea sure changed greatly since i joined Teachat :mrgreen:

Aug 2nd, '11, 15:47

Re: MonTues TeaDay &/!-2/11 FreeDay TeaDay

by Nenugal » Aug 2nd, '11, 15:47

This evening I've been drinking some dan cong classic from TeaSpring and a milk oolong that my wife picked up during her recent trip to Riga. Both quite nice.

Aug 2nd, '11, 21:00

by garrettmc » Aug 2nd, '11, 21:00

I just ordered my first oolong from Adagio! i can't wait to try it! i ordered a gun powder green as well.

my order: formosa bai hao, ali shan, gunpowder green, black dragon pearls, green rooibos bonita.

did i make good choices?

Aug 2nd, '11, 22:56

by gargoylekitty » Aug 2nd, '11, 22:56

First time having matcha in nearly a month, Maiko's Chiyo Mukashi, quite tasty and a good pick-me-up after the day I'd had. :mrgreen: