Apr 9th, '11, 11:42

Re: HAGI "The Eiichi Commission!" by Shibuya Eiichi

by debunix » Apr 9th, '11, 11:42

I am so enjoying my ROCK at home, and I will soon be reunited with my snowdrift for a few days, so I can wait.

Apr 10th, '11, 17:30

by Nenugal » Apr 10th, '11, 17:30

Chip wrote:Update will be posted Saturday (today) or Sunday! :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:

Apr 10th, '11, 18:07
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Apr 10th, '11, 18:07

Nenugal wrote:
Chip wrote:Update will be posted Saturday (today) or Sunday! :mrgreen:
You forgot the puppy dog eyes!

:lol:

Apr 10th, '11, 18:53

by Chip » Apr 10th, '11, 18:53

Soooo, looking at a few Eiichi Commission! prototypes that are still under development, still in trial and error. I see potential in the one, has a real wabi sabi thing going on.

Still waiting and seeing what will happen next. Perhaps Eiichi has something else up his sleeve?

Apr 11th, '11, 06:51

by David R. » Apr 11th, '11, 06:51

Lucky you...

Apr 11th, '11, 09:05

by Nenugal » Apr 11th, '11, 09:05

Chip wrote:Soooo, looking at a few Eiichi Commission! prototypes that are still under development, still in trial and error. I see potential in the one, has a real wabi sabi thing going on.

Still waiting and seeing what will happen next. Perhaps Eiichi has something else up his sleeve?
Very interesting! Are you looking at pictures, or real physical prototypes? So he didn't ask you to share pictures with TeaChat for a wider range of comments? ;)

Jun 17th, '11, 11:30

by camw » Jun 17th, '11, 11:30

Any update on this? Has been a couple of months since we've heard anything ...

Jun 18th, '11, 18:04

by Chip » Jun 18th, '11, 18:04

camw wrote:Any update on this? Has been a couple of months since we've heard anything ...
Thank you for asking. I have wanted to update for a while and then got caught up in both the Sendai SO and the Petr TA SO. My apologies.

Currently Eiichi is in trial and error phase of the Eiichi Commission! I know he has completed one or two rounds of trials. Although I liked the first trial that conisted of two pieces, he felt he was not ready to produce our Eiichi Commission pieces.

He felt more trials were prerequisite, since he has elected to create a new glaze for this project, or at least new to him.

Judging from his past works, ROCKS, Snowdrifts, he is clearly an artist and clearly wants the commission project to be representaive of his work.

Jun 19th, '11, 00:03

by woozl » Jun 19th, '11, 00:03

All good things in all good time :wink:

Jun 19th, '11, 13:04

by lkj23 » Jun 19th, '11, 13:04

tick tack tick tack waiting...... finally teaware is a drug, like tea

Aug 13th, '11, 20:00

by Chip » Aug 13th, '11, 20:00

As posted in another topic ...
The Eiichi Commission is likely getting "close" in that the glaze has been tried and true, workable having been fired successfully several times on prototypes.

This is a new glaze for Eiichi, so we are helping with his developement as an artisan and I suspect a future Master and possibly national treasure.

Aug 13th, '11, 22:16

by Nenugal » Aug 13th, '11, 22:16

Chip wrote:As posted in another topic ...
The Eiichi Commission is likely getting "close" in that the glaze has been tried and true, workable having been fired successfully several times on prototypes.

This is a new glaze for Eiichi, so we are helping with his developement as an artisan and I suspect a future Master and possibly national treasure.
Any small hints or "Treasure Hunt clues" about the glaze?

Aug 13th, '11, 22:35

by debunix » Aug 13th, '11, 22:35

I've just finished another few days at the satellite office where my "Snowdrifts" Hagi lives, drinking out of it exclusively, and it is so utterly distinct from the "Rock", both with the final element being a simple white glaze, that I am quite sure that any new glaze, applied to something formed with such artistry and skill, will yield a quite fabulous result.

I can be patient a while longer.....maybe....

Aug 14th, '11, 00:20

by Chip » Aug 14th, '11, 00:20

debunix wrote:I've just finished another few days at the satellite office where my "Snowdrifts" Hagi lives, drinking out of it exclusively, and it is so utterly distinct from the "Rock", both with the final element being a simple white glaze, that I am quite sure that any new glaze, applied to something formed with such artistry and skill, will yield a quite fabulous result.

I can be patient a while longer.....maybe....
I will answer this with a PM I sent to someone today as it conveys my sentiments ...
Chip wrote: ... there was a lot of R&D and T&E going into this one. Each test firing uses up at least another month. BUT I think the tests are now over. This is a completely new glaze for Eiichi.

I was determined that despite how anxious I am, I would not pester and keep asking when when when, instead allowing the artisan to develop this at his own pace.
I will add that Snowdrifts is possibly my fave SO, the ROCK is up there, but I have pulled Snowdrifts off the shelf at least 100 times. It has aged beautifully.

The ROCK sits like a piece of art on the shelf next to Snowdrifts, used a handful of times. I am sure its day will come, but for now I look at and admire it each day while sipping morning tea.

Aug 14th, '11, 06:15

by senchalover » Aug 14th, '11, 06:15

Is it too late to get involved with this commision? The rock sure would be a nice piece. I love how the last piece came out. A houhin in rock style would be awesome. I need a small(6 oz) houhin to use for work.

+ Post Reply