the perfect bagged black tea?!

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Aug 27th, '05, 19:42

the perfect bagged black tea?!

by Miotu » Aug 27th, '05, 19:42

So, I have come across a fabulous black tea that I love not for it's complexity, not for it's allure, but for it's fabulously smooth taste. Twinings Prince of Whales tea has to be my favourite bagged variety of black tea....EVER!

So the question emerges...is there a black tea out there (loose leaf wise) comparable to the awesometastic smooth/oolong-like flavor of prince of whales tea?

And another question...are there any fans out there of this type of tea, or am I just some crazed Twinings fan?

Aug 27th, '05, 19:54

by PeteVu » Aug 27th, '05, 19:54

a good "oolong-type" tea is oolong tea.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Aug 27th, '05, 20:59

by Guest » Aug 27th, '05, 20:59

erg...I was actually just describing it as it tastes to me (I guess because I am more used to oolongs on the black side. What I was getting at was if there were a black tea out there comparable to Prince of Whales

Aug 28th, '05, 18:33

by Guest » Aug 28th, '05, 18:33

some oolongs are closer to blacks, others closer to greens. In fact, oolong #40 (which I love) from adagio teas is fairly black when brewed by suggestion.

Aug 28th, '05, 23:13

Re: the perfect bagged black tea?!

by Ric » Aug 28th, '05, 23:13

Miotu wrote:So, I have come across a fabulous black tea that I love not for it's complexity, not for it's allure, but for it's fabulously smooth taste. Twinings Prince of Whales tea has to be my favourite bagged variety of black tea....EVER!

So the question emerges...is there a black tea out there (loose leaf wise) comparable to the awesometastic smooth/oolong-like flavor of prince of whales tea?

And another question...are there any fans out there of this type of tea, or am I just some crazed Twinings fan?
I think the Twinings Prince of Whales tea is a blended tea of black teas and oolong teas... :?:

I drank it years ago, but if I can't buy loose tea, I don't buy tea at all. Praise God for the internet so I can buy from tea suppliers like Adagio Teas and Upton Teas! :!:
In God's Grace,
Ric

Aug 29th, '05, 08:16

by LavenderPekoe » Aug 29th, '05, 08:16

From twinnings.com
A bright liquoring tea with Keemun character with a hint of Oolong.
What that means? I have no idea.

BTW, you can also get it loose, according to the site.
Last edited by LavenderPekoe on Nov 8th, '05, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
Teas for trade:

Aug 29th, '05, 20:47

by Ric » Aug 29th, '05, 20:47

Alicia wrote:From twinnings.com
A bright liquoring tea with Keemun character with a hint of Oolong.
What that means? I have no idea.

BTW, you can also get it loose, according to the site.
Cool, I'll check it out. But I'm not much a fan of Twinnings loose tea, the last tin I bought is nothing but "tea dust".
In God's Grace,
Ric

+ Post Reply