Mon/Tues TeaDay 8/29-30/11 Today is FreeDay.

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Aug 29th, '11, 01:27
Scrolling: scrolling

Mon/Tues TeaDay 8/29-30/11 Today is FreeDay.

by Chip » Aug 29th, '11, 01:27

In the aftermath of Irene ... today is declared a FreeDay TeaDay. I will recharge my TeaCells and resume TeaDay topics Tuesday.

However, please do share what is in your cup throughout the day.

In addition, please continue to discuss yesterday's topic regarding most memorable storms.

Also, please feel free to discuss whatever topic is on your mind today ... this is after all our TeaRoom.

We are looking forward to sharing this TeaDay with ... everyone, bottoms up.

Aug 29th, '11, 03:17

Re: Monday TeaDay 8/29/11 Today is FreeDay.

by AdamMY » Aug 29th, '11, 03:17

Well I am up at 3 am after trying to go to bed over 4 hours ago. My upstairs neighbors had a party, which ended with the police and an ambulance. Apparently someone fell from their second story deck. So first lots of loud noises and banging, then lots of flashing lights, then a big commotion outside, which ended with lots and lots of flashing lights.

So I guess I have an interesting question (somewhat tea related), do you ever find, whether caffeine induced or not, that after staying up several hours past your normal bedtime for what ever reason, that you have a significantly harder time falling back asleep?

Aug 29th, '11, 06:49

by JBaymore » Aug 29th, '11, 06:49

Dodged the worst of Irene. The river, near my noborigama, did not flood badly. Whew. I was worried.

Of to the college to teach 2 classes. Getting my students ready to head off to Japan shortly with me.

A quick sencha in an American mug on the way to work to start off today.

best,

....................john

Aug 29th, '11, 13:49

by brlarson » Aug 29th, '11, 13:49

It's been a two-Wuyi day so far. Started with shui jin gui from Seven Cups, and just brewed some old bush Wuyi dancong from `The Mandarin' for my son to celebrate his birthday.

Cheers to all!
Last edited by brlarson on Aug 29th, '11, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.

Aug 29th, '11, 15:40

by Chip » Aug 29th, '11, 15:40

AdamMY wrote:Well I am up at 3 am after trying to go to bed over 4 hours ago. My upstairs neighbors had a party, which ended with the police and an ambulance. Apparently someone fell from their second story deck. So first lots of loud noises and banging, then lots of flashing lights, then a big commotion outside, which ended with lots and lots of flashing lights.

So I guess I have an interesting question (somewhat tea related), do you ever find, whether caffeine induced or not, that after staying up several hours past your normal bedtime for what ever reason, that you have a significantly harder time falling back asleep?
Whoa ... hopefully nobody was seriously hurt. :shock: Fortunately you did not live on say the 10th floor.

I get "second winds" which can be hard to come down from. But reading fortunately (and unfortunately) puts me right out ... better than any sleeping pill.
JBaymore wrote:Dodged the worst of Irene. The river, near my noborigama, did not flood badly. Whew. I was worried.

Of to the college to teach 2 classes. Getting my students ready to head off to Japan shortly with me.

A quick sencha in an American mug on the way to work to start off today.
That is great news ... on all counts! :mrgreen:

And when is your trip?
brlarson wrote:It's been a two-Wuyi day so far. Started with shui jin gui from Seven Cups, and just brewed some The Mandarin's old bush Wuyi dancong from `The Mandarin' for my son to celebrate his birthday.

Cheers to all!
Awesome! Happy birthday to lil brlarson! But is he of legal age? :mrgreen:

Aug 29th, '11, 15:49

by Chip » Aug 29th, '11, 15:49

Chip wrote:I am extremely anxious (aka NERVOUS) today. The prelim hearing on this road-rage guy's criminal charges is tomorrow (Tuesday) at 10 am Eastern USA time ... or whenever they actually get to the case. Although I am a live and let live kinda guy, I feel compelled to proceed, especially due to the severity of the crimes. I have to do this for all bicyclists.

On the day of the "incident," it occurred to me that while I "rolled out" as simply a bicyclist, at around 5 pm, I became an activist and will not only be defending my rights but the rights of other bicyclists.
Anyway, great TD so far. Began with organic 7132 2010 vintage with the Mrs.

Next up, MIYABI!

Aug 29th, '11, 17:31

by brlarson » Aug 29th, '11, 17:31

My son just turned 23 and he's a serious fan of Phoenix Mtn dancong.

So, you're date is tomorrow? I hope everything goes well for you.

BTW, It has been pleasantly quiet in some parts of the green forum lately 8)

Aug 29th, '11, 19:43

by Drax » Aug 29th, '11, 19:43

Shhhh, don't tempt the fates! :wink:

We finally got power back at noon today, after it went out around 7pm on Saturday. I realize a lot of people are still without power, but the most frustrating thing about our power outages is that other people in this apartment complex still had power (this situation has happened before during bad storms)... that's just frustrating! :D

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a non-sticky night's sleep, speaking of things that keep you up...

Aug 30th, '11, 01:49

by Chip » Aug 30th, '11, 01:49

Chip wrote:In the aftermath of Irene ... today is declared a FreeDay TeaDay. I will recharge my TeaCells and resume TeaDay topics Tuesday.
Wellll ooops, I forgot about the aforementioned in another post court hearing before I posted this.

I am reviewing files and spent a lot of time talking on the phone yesterday. Quite frankly, I tried but failed to do a TeaDay. TeaDay will have to wait one more day, my apologies.

However, please drop in today and share what is in your cup.

Please feel free to initiate a topic of discussion ... I have a small ego (but a big TeaGo :mrgreen: )

We are looking forward to sharing this TeaDay with everyone. Bottoms up.

Aug 30th, '11, 10:49

by artmom » Aug 30th, '11, 10:49

Chip, hope all goes well.

John, hope your trip to Japan is enjoyable. My GD Samantha Lyn is so very happy to be back there. She would love never having to leave!

Tomorrow, DH Ed and I will mark our fifty-fourth (54th) wedding anniversary. :shock: Time marches on. :lol:

I am really enjoying trying several oolongs.

Lyn

Aug 30th, '11, 11:05
Vendor Member

by IPT » Aug 30th, '11, 11:05

I am sitting here drinking some shupu and just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone out there a truly lovely day. Life is so short, and I hope you are all enjoying every moment of it.

I know I am getting philisophical, but I just got through one of the hardest weeks of my life. My wife was diagnosed with kidney cancer a few weeks ago and last week had her left kidney removed. Sadly, the cancer has spread to her ovaries and lungs. The doctors are waiting for the results before decing where to go from here.

I am not writing this to get sympathy, I am writing this to remind all of you to live life to its fullest, because you never know what will happen tomorrow. Be thankful for what you have and who you are with.

Shangguan (IPT)

Aug 30th, '11, 13:34

Re: Mon/Tues TeaDay 8/29-30/11 Today is FreeDay.

by teaisme » Aug 30th, '11, 13:34

buddy :(

Hoping hard that her health starts to improve

Aug 30th, '11, 13:52

by Chip » Aug 30th, '11, 13:52

Shangguan, although we have been discussing this for a while already, as always you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers ... call this encouragement and not sympathy! :)

Artmom, in case I forget, Happy Anniversary to you and Ed!!! :!: :mrgreen:

Aug 30th, '11, 13:52

by Chip » Aug 30th, '11, 13:52

Well, back from my visit to criminal justice system. I was amazed and encouraged to see all 4 (of my) witnesses show up!!!

So much preparation, anticipation, dread went into this. But, I should have seen this coming. I was approached by the assistant DA and arresting officer to obtain my feedback to the defendent's attorney request for consideration into ARD, a program for first time offenders, most commonly known for DUI cases.

Although there is some relief, there are definitely some mixed feelings as well. Although it is a victory, it falls short of my expectations. But even if I did not like it, ultimately this would likely have been the result of even a lengthy prosecution process.

Began the TD with Miyabi with the Mrs.

Aug 30th, '11, 14:50
Vendor Member

by IPT » Aug 30th, '11, 14:50

Thank you Chip and Teaisme. It means more than you know.