Your avie ...

Completely off the Topic of Tea

Re: Your avie ...

Postby auhckw » Aug 29th, '11, 20:34

BioHorn wrote:My avatar appears to have cause consternation in some TC members.
Please know it pays homage to dear Mr. Sleeves, now apparently banished from YouTube.

Mr. Sleeves imparted to a select few (who saw the video) the precious art of real Chinese Cha Dao.

For more information, MarshalN commented on this work of art here:
http://tinyurl.com/mrsleeves

p.s. If anyone finds a new link for that video, please post!

Now I know that is not you :shock:

I thought that is you in your avatar all the while... just probably too shy and you blanko your eyes :lol:
auhckw

Postby gingkoseto » Aug 29th, '11, 21:15

Chip wrote:Well, that is long overdue :mrgreen: ... but this one will be a bicyclist's journey through this process. On the day of the "incident," it occurred to me that while I "rolled out" as simply a bicyclist, at around 5 pm, I became an activist and will not only be defending my rights but the rights of other bicyclists.

I am extremely anxious (aka NERVOUS) today. The prelim hearing on this guy's criminal charges is tomorrow (Tuesday) at 10 am Eastern USA time ... or whenever they actually get to the case. Although I am a live and let live kinda guy, I feel compelled to proceed, especially due to the severity of the crimes. I have to do this for all bicyclists.

Good luck! Be strong and make a case!
Look forward to your blog and more details!
gingkoseto
Vendor Member

Postby IPT » Aug 30th, '11, 00:27

My avatar is the old Chinese word for tea, before the word "Cha茶“ was used.
IPT
Vendor Member

Postby fracol » Aug 30th, '11, 15:47

My avatar is the logo of Phantom Regiment.

I play a lot in marching bands, and if you know anything about marching band you know about DCI (Drum Corps International) It is like the NFL or MLB except for marching bands. I will post a link for a video of Phantom Regiment below if you would like to see what it is all about.

http://dci.thefannetwork.org/?ensemble_ ... mode=viral
fracol

Postby Nenugal » Aug 30th, '11, 15:53

I usually use a picture of some favourite teaware. Currently it's my summer galaxy chawan, with whisk and matcha in it...
Nenugal

Postby Chip » Aug 30th, '11, 17:09

Thanks for sharing everyone! Most of these we would never have known otherwise.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Aug 30th, '11, 17:17

gingkoseto wrote: Good luck! Be strong and make a case!

Thanks, gingko!

Well, the case was sooooo strong that ...

There were 4 witnesses at the scene, they all showed up for the prelim hearing. Kinda blew my mind in a very good way!

My story was concrete, unwavering, and matching witness reports.

The defense was in major damage control mode given the preponderance of evidence and witnesses. The defense attorney requested to apply to ARD which is a first time offender program in certain crime cases where there are no injuries.

They asked how I felt about this and stated that he could get into the program even if I did not give it my rubber stamp, but the judge does consider how the victim feels about it. I could even show up at his application hearing. Bottom line though, he would likely not face a stiffer sentence no matter what I would do, and this way he pleads guilty and is convicted, though his record will be wiped clean if he successfuly completes the 1 year program which he must pay for.

A victory, though not what I expected.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Nenugal » Aug 30th, '11, 17:41

Chip wrote:

Thanks, gingko!

There were 4 witnesses at the scene, they all showed up for the prelim hearing. Kinda blew my mind in a very good way!

The defense was in major damage control mode given the preponderance of evidence and witnesses. The defense attorney requested to apply to ARD which is a first time offender program in certain crime cases where there are no injuries.

They asked how I felt about this and stated that he could get into the program even if I did not give it my rubber stamp, but the judge does consider how the victim feels about it. I could even show up at his application hearing. Bottom line though, he would likely not face a stiffer sentence no matter what I would do, and this way he pleads guilty and is convicted, though his record will be wiped clean if he successfuly completes the 1 year program which he must pay for.

That's good to hear, a well-deserved victory it seems. Should be celebrated with a nice cup of tea :mrgreen:
Nenugal

Postby andrzej bero » Aug 31st, '11, 16:00

I used to take as my avatar hands in potter's action. This time not mine.
Hands and pot of Kumbharipa (one of 84 mahasiddhas) who was a potter.
andrzej bero
TeawareArtisan Member

Postby gingkoseto » Sep 2nd, '11, 10:57

Chip wrote:

Thanks, gingko!

That's indeed a victory! I think you should share the story with more people, because there are many cyclists who were badly offended but never thought of bringing it to court. Also there are some offenders who assume they could get away from it.
gingkoseto
Vendor Member

Postby Running for Tea » Sep 12th, '11, 09:18

My avatar photo was taken this morning during my morning tea routine. I was playing with my teacup while the tea was steeping. As I looked down, I realized the combination of my watch, kyusu, and teacup made a pretty cool picture
Running for Tea

Postby Terri » Sep 13th, '11, 21:33

Mine is just a typical self portrait from my iPhone.
Terri

Postby DarkenedSun » Sep 13th, '11, 22:39

Nenugal wrote:
Chip wrote:

Thanks, gingko!

That's good to hear, a well-deserved victory it seems. Should be celebrated with a nice cup of tea :mrgreen:

Good for you! I was hit while cycling and never knew who the driver was. Thank goodness I wasn't too seriously hurt or killed. (One broken bone and many, many bruises) It can be really dangerous on the roads.
DarkenedSun

Postby SlientSipper » Sep 13th, '11, 23:18

my avie was taken from google.
but, I'm a small time smart gambler.
I often use my winnings to buy tea.
SlientSipper

Postby Chip » Sep 14th, '11, 00:09

SlientSipper wrote:my avie was taken from google.
but, I'm a small time smart gambler.
I often use my winnings to buy tea.

Hm, your avie has not been displayed on my 'puter for a few days ... ???
DarkenedSun wrote:Good for you! I was hit while cycling and never knew who the driver was. Thank goodness I wasn't too seriously hurt or killed. (One broken bone and many, many bruises) It can be really dangerous on the roads.

This was a very unusual situation to say the least. Pretty stupid of this guy to commit multiple crimes in front of so many witnesses.

I found out his formal charges are reckless endangerment, simple assualt, and harrassment ... all charges remain intact until he finishes the entire application process completely (cannot forget to dot an "i" or cross a "t" ... AND til he completes the 1 year program COMPLETELY. Should he slip up in any way, he will lose his ARD status and he goes to jail where a judge will not be pleased that he screwed up his program.

I am known to always be looking around ... I generally know what is coming ... as I did in this case. I knew he was a problem at first sighting ...

eh hem, what about your avie? :wink:
Chip
Mod/Admin

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions