CROATIAN TEA LOVER

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Nov 18th, '07, 11:42

by TheTeaLady » Nov 18th, '07, 11:42

Trey Winston wrote:Hi, TeaLady, welcome!

Croatia is such a beautiful country. That long coastline along the Adriatic is just superb. Pretty unspoilt too, not ruined by mass tourism (yet).

I see you reside in Zagreb, but do you ever go to the coast and enjoy the balmy Mediterranean climate with a nice cup of tea?
Hvala, glad to be here!

So, I guess you've been to Croatia :)

Yes, it's still beautiful... and still unspoilt (yet :)) People from the seaside don't really consume tea (some herbal when they are sick) but I think it's slowly changing. I hope ;) They are pretty coffee/red wine population.

To go on a seaside in summer it's pretty much regular thing for all Croatians, so I do go as many of them :)

What are your impressions of Croatia? Could you get a cup of tea there?

Nov 18th, '07, 11:47

by TheTeaLady » Nov 18th, '07, 11:47

Chip wrote:
TheTeaLady wrote:That's very right :) this is sencha with dried cherry - it is very tasty and and have a nice fragance

how do you know that much about tea?

I had chance only through books and internet
Simply immerse yourself into tea (pun intended)...and TeaChat. For me it is a passion.
I'll take your advise, thank you:)

How your passion started?

P.S. pun intended - What does it mean?

Nov 18th, '07, 11:59

by Trey Winston » Nov 18th, '07, 11:59

TheTeaLady wrote:
What are your impressions of Croatia? Could you get a cup of tea there?
Yes, had some fairly ordinary black tea in Senj. I got by on coffee in those days :roll:

That was a few years ago, and Croatia was the way I imagine the French riviera must have been in the fifties, before it became overcrowded. Lots of people have discovered it now, but the Croatian coast is still one of the finest in Europe (and will so remain, I suppose).

Nov 18th, '07, 12:39

by TheTeaLady » Nov 18th, '07, 12:39

Yes, had some fairly ordinary black tea in Senj. I got by on coffee in those days :roll:

That was a few years ago, and Croatia was the way I imagine the French riviera must have been in the fifties, before it became overcrowded. Lots of people have discovered it now, but the Croatian coast is still one of the finest in Europe (and will so remain, I suppose).[/quote]

LOL! I guess so, what they usually offer overhere it's some kind of black dust :)

Yes, Croatia started to be very popular right now, I hope it will not look like Spanish beaches some day
:?

Nov 18th, '07, 12:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Nov 18th, '07, 12:57

TheTeaLady wrote:
Chip wrote:
Simply immerse yourself into tea (pun intended)...and TeaChat. For me it is a passion.
P.S. pun intended - What does it mean?
noun. A play on words, sometimes on different senses of the same word and sometimes on the similar sense or sound of different words. (American Heritage Dictionary)
In my use of the word "immerse," I made a "pun" in that it could be read in more than one way. The primary meaning was to read and study as to learn as much about tea as you can. There are so many resources for info including even TeaChat. Another words, immerse your mind into the study of tea.

A secondary and the pun meaning is due to the fact that tea is liquid, you can physically "immerse" yourself into your tea through drinking, or even a TEAbath which is actually very relaxing and healthful.

There are many tea related puns throughout TeaChat as tea drinkers like to make tea related puns.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Nov 18th, '07, 13:40

by TheTeaLady » Nov 18th, '07, 13:40

WOW! Thanx for taking time to explain :) You are very kind! I decide it to live pun!

+ Post Reply