PM monthly paring


Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

PM monthly paring

Postby Chip » Aug 24th, '11, 14:59

FYI, we will be cleaning PM house once a month. :shock:

During the month you have unlimited PMs in each of your PM folders. However beginning September 1st, and every 1st day of the month thereafter, PM storage will be pared back to 100 PMs per folder.

So anything you want to keep in excess of 100 PMs, be sure to move it elsewhere before the 1st of each month or you may lose PMs. :idea: :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Chip
Immoderate TeaDrinker who happens to Moderate
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 21940
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: PM monthly paring

Postby Drax » Aug 25th, '11, 07:25

Chip -- thanks for the warning!

Even though we have the ability to create and store messages in sub-folders, the 100 message limit is our personal combined total, correct?

Do PMs in the 'sent' folder count toward this number?

Thanks!
User avatar
Drax
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Oct 16th, '
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: PM monthly paring

Postby Chip » Aug 25th, '11, 11:03

Drax wrote:Chip -- thanks for the warning!

Even though we have the ability to create and store messages in sub-folders, the 100 message limit is our personal combined total, correct?

Do PMs in the 'sent' folder count toward this number?

Thanks!

No, you have 100 per folder. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 21940
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: PM monthly paring

Postby Drax » Aug 25th, '11, 11:38

Chip wrote:
Drax wrote:Chip -- thanks for the warning!

Even though we have the ability to create and store messages in sub-folders, the 100 message limit is our personal combined total, correct?

Do PMs in the 'sent' folder count toward this number?

Thanks!

No, you have 100 per folder. :mrgreen:


Cool beans, thanks again! :D
User avatar
Drax
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Oct 16th, '
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: PM monthly paring

Postby Chip » Aug 25th, '11, 13:04

I think I have the forum set for 8 "optional" folders ... ones you create.
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 21940
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: PM monthly paring

Postby Drax » Aug 30th, '11, 20:29

Hey Chip,

I was just trying to move stuff this evening to clear space... and I just noticed that I don't have any sort of "go" button to move or even delete stuff.

Well, here's a picture, because it's just weird:

Image

The "Go" button that you see is for the CSV exporting, not for the menu on the right.

I tried zooming in with my browser to see if I could "see behind" the tan banner on the right... but when I do, all I see is actually a truncated pull-down menu. Weird i know.

Maybe it's just a FireFox issue, but thought I'd bring it up.... very odd!
User avatar
Drax
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Oct 16th, '
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: PM monthly paring

Postby Herb_Master » Aug 30th, '11, 21:16

Drax
can you see the 'go' button between the 2 drop down boxes currently showing 'export as csv' and 'mark/unmark as important'

there is another one just after
select a post {or more if it works} to delete
try changing 'mark/unmark as important' to 'delete marked'

then press the right tab key and press enter

hopefully that will work
User avatar
Herb_Master
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Jun 4th, '0
Location: Stockport, England

Re: PM monthly paring

Postby Drax » Aug 31st, '11, 07:30

Thanks, HM! I'll try the tab method when I get home, that makes sense.

I happened to check at work, where we use the interminably old IE7 (we just upgraded last year from version 6!), and it displayed everything correctly, so I can see the other 'Go' button.

So I guess it's just a FireFox issue.
User avatar
Drax
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Oct 16th, '
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: PM monthly paring

Postby Chip » Sep 1st, '11, 20:05

Due to the extremely slow PM loading the last few days, I am extending this deadline a few days ... til the end of the weekend. Likely Sunday night Eastern USA time.

Remember, you can create folders in order to keep more of your PMs, but each folder can only have 100 PMs. I believe you can create 8 optional folders currently.

Thanks,
Chip
Your generally friendly Moderator
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 21940
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: PM monthly paring

Postby JayLay189562 » Dec 31st, '11, 15:48

How do ytou know when the PM is unlimited? Im really new to this all!?
JayLay189562
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Dec 31st, '

Re: PM monthly paring

Postby Chip » Jan 20th, '12, 12:45

Chip wrote:Due to the extremely slow PM loading the last few days, I am extending this deadline a few days ... til the end of the weekend. Likely Sunday night Eastern USA time.

Remember, you can create folders in order to keep more of your PMs, but each folder can only have 100 PMs. I believe you can create 8 optional folders currently.

Thanks,
Chip
Your generally friendly Moderator

OK, I am going to move on this on January 31, 2012. I am giving you time to delete PMs you do not need to keep so important ones will not be deleted automatically.

Also, remember you are able to create up to 8 optional folders that may each contain up to 100 PMs. You can move PMs from your inbox and sent to these folders.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but trying to deal with some problems by process of elimination.

I will lift the limit on February 1st. I will then place the limit on the last day of each month, and lift the limit on the first day of each month. This will allow you to have more than 100 PMs per file during the month.

Again, thank you for understanding,
Chip
Immoderate TeaDrinker who happens to Moderate
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 21940
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: PM monthly paring

Postby Chip » Jan 20th, '12, 12:47

JayLay189562 wrote:How do ytou know when the PM is unlimited? Im really new to this all!?

Please read my last post. Basically it will be unlimited during the month, and then pared on the last day of each month ... that is the plan for right now.
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 21940
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji


Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation