Recommendation on store to buy green tea

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Aug 31st, '11, 02:24
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Recommendation on store to buy green tea

by Chip » Aug 31st, '11, 02:24

... funny but true. A quick google search for Yuuki-Cha, the TeaVendor topic I created for Yuuki-Cha is second only to the Yuuki-Cha site link. :lol:

Sep 1st, '11, 14:14

by Sam. » Sep 1st, '11, 14:14

Chip wrote:... funny but true. A quick google search for Yuuki-Cha, the TeaVendor topic I created for Yuuki-Cha is second only to the Yuuki-Cha site link. :lol:
That's why I try to post my positive experiences. I don't think it's fair for them to get a bad reputation because of one incident. As TeadOff said, others on this site don't seem to have had an awful experience with Yuuki-cha. Yet you seem very adamant about telling anyone who brings them up that they are essentially an awful vendor. Maybe this is true for you, but it's not for me or other sencha drinkers. I find it odd that you try so hard to scare people away from this vendor. Let them try them out, just as they should try out other sencha vendors, to make their own conclusions.

I don't want it to start sounding like I'm their PR rep or something. I've never even emailed them aside from sending them my PayPal payment. But I do want to offer an alternative view, especially since it seems like more people have had positive experiences like mine than negative ones like yours.

Sep 1st, '11, 14:44

by Chip » Sep 1st, '11, 14:44

Sam. wrote:
Chip wrote:... funny but true. A quick google search for Yuuki-Cha, the TeaVendor topic I created for Yuuki-Cha is second only to the Yuuki-Cha site link. :lol:
That's why I try to post my positive experiences. I don't think it's fair for them to get a bad reputation because of one incident. As TeadOff said, others on this site don't seem to have had an awful experience with Yuuki-cha. Yet you seem very adamant about telling anyone who brings them up that they are essentially an awful vendor. Maybe this is true for you, but it's not for me or other sencha drinkers. I find it odd that you try so hard to scare people away from this vendor. Let them try them out, just as they should try out other sencha vendors, to make their own conclusions.

I don't want it to start sounding like I'm their PR rep or something. I've never even emailed them aside from sending them my PayPal payment. But I do want to offer an alternative view, especially since it seems like more people have had positive experiences like mine than negative ones like yours.
As I said, I would not have said anything in this topic, just post the link, but since you posted comments I felt I had to respond to them. As I feel I must respond again. I would have been content with simply posting the link.

I am one to focus on positives (I think I can say that probably nobody has done more to positively promote more vendors than I have on this forum), I have stressed this over and over again, including in the Yuuki-Cha topic, but there comes a time when negatives cannot be ignored and need to be aired.

I want to stress, this was not "one incident" either. It was a series of events over a prolonged period. And this is not a one member thing either ... I am simply the only one telling my story.

I also want to stress as I already have, do not take this personally.

Bottom line, their actions towards me, and tied to my position here as Moderator, were borderline criminal. Would you want your money paid via paypal held for 30 days, receive no answers to emails (and I have them all), no answers to site contact page messages. And in the end, they never ship the product? This is simply one example.

I do not want to go on and on, read my postings in the Yuuki-Cha topic.

Perhaps you have never been wrongfully blackballed in the manner I have. And never once receive any explanation. NOT ONE. I have tried numerous times to rectify this situation even though I am not at fault ... I have never had a single reply to my overtures.

So, no, I will not shut up. Members are free to disagree and post their experiences, I will post mine. As long as I am posting factual details ... I have all the facts, all the emails.

Free speech is two way. And I can actually debate this all day. It is best that you simply "stick with the positive" and ignore my link posts or we will certainly continue to have this discussion ... since it appears I am not going away anytime soon and Yuuki-Cha has shown by their behavior that they do not want to rectify the situation.

I welcome an email from Yuuki-Cha.

Sep 1st, '11, 20:03

by AdamMY » Sep 1st, '11, 20:03

I understand that people have had positive experiences with Yuuki-cha, and yes they do have the right to talk up Yuuki-cha's products. But in short consider the following question.

Would you want to order from a vendor that is willing to black list you, not tell you why, and engage in questionable if not illegal activity simply because you were honest about how you felt about a certain batch of tea/teas that they carried?

In short Chip was honest about how he felt about the teas, and then blacklisted, and never received contact from the owner again, even though Chip himself was more than happy to keep ordering from the vendor.

I know I have had teas from some of my favorite vendors that I was not too happy with, as I am sure many others have. I think I have even voiced my opinion on some of these teas openly on the forum or on my blog. If the vendor wants to hold a grudge that is their issue, but to hold someones money for a month with no contact and what we can only assume is no intention of shipping product is something I do not think anyone on this forum would ever want that to happen to them.

Sep 1st, '11, 23:23

by Tead Off » Sep 1st, '11, 23:23

In everyone's best interest, I would like to suggest to Chip that it may be time to move on from this 'incident'. I don't think it's in anyone's best interest to continue this as it's a personal issue that is not shared by the 'many'. No resolution will come out of this. None has come out of this so why not put this to rest and allow buyers to make up their own minds. Why create more negative feelings?

Sep 2nd, '11, 09:27

by Chip » Sep 2nd, '11, 09:27

A reminder ... this topic was started by a new member to TeaChat who asked about a few vendors (not including Yuuki-Cha).

Shall we just post our positive experiences?

Don't get me wrong, I am all for posting positives. I have said this numerous times, but then there is the case that cannot be ignored due to the seriousness and repeating and flagrantly intentional nature of it.
AdamMY wrote:I understand that people have had positive experiences with Yuuki-cha, and yes they do have the right to talk up Yuuki-cha's products. But in short consider the following question.

Would you want to order from a vendor that is willing to black list you, not tell you why, and engage in questionable if not illegal activity simply because you were honest about how you felt about a certain batch of tea/teas that they carried?

In short Chip was honest about how he felt about the teas, and then blacklisted, and never received contact from the owner again, even though Chip himself was more than happy to keep ordering from the vendor.

I know I have had teas from some of my favorite vendors that I was not too happy with, as I am sure many others have. I think I have even voiced my opinion on some of these teas openly on the forum or on my blog. If the vendor wants to hold a grudge that is their issue, but to hold someones money for a month with no contact and what we can only assume is no intention of shipping product is something I do not think anyone on this forum would ever want that to happen to them.
Thanks Adam, you grasp the gravity of the situation.

What is next, we are afraid to express ourselves here on TeaChat for fear of retribution?

Well, guess what, it has already happened.
Tead Off wrote:In everyone's best interest, I would like to suggest to Chip that it may be time to move on from this 'incident'. I don't think it's in anyone's best interest to continue this as it's a personal issue that is not shared by the 'many'. No resolution will come out of this. None has come out of this so why not put this to rest and allow buyers to make up their own minds. Why create more negative feelings?
I am sorry Tead Off, but I could not disagree with you more. I feel it is in everyone's best interests that I continue ... especially for newer members or those newer to Japanese teas.

Simply because my experience was not the popular one does not negate it in the least. I would not buy into the "well they did not screw me over, so I will just pretend that incident did not happen. He should keep quiet about that and only talk about positive experiences." I am glad this has not happened to anyone else, perhaps because of my postings.

And remember, the OP asked for opinions. The severity warrants warnings. In new members' best interests who have not read my experiences, I will continue to post the link, which is all I did initially.

This is not a vendetta, this is a warning that continues because to this day this vendor has not made things right. I will continue to post the link ... sans comment ... unless there is an argument offered.

The warning continues because this vendor could repeat a past series of negative actions. They did it once, who is to say they would not repeat it. It continues at least until they acknowledge the wrongfulness of their actions via contact to me directly.

My suggestion is for seasoned members to ignore my link postings. And yeah, stick to the positives.

Sep 2nd, '11, 11:04

by sherubtse » Sep 2nd, '11, 11:04

Chip wrote:And remember, the OP asked for opinions. The severity warrants warnings. In new members' best interests who have not read my experiences, I will continue to post the link, which is all I did initially.

My suggestion is for seasoned members to ignore my link postings. And yeah, stick to the positives.
Well said, Chip. It *is* important for us newbies to know the bad experiences as well as the good ones. We can make an informed decision about how to proceed, based upon the fullest-possible information.

I would be less inclined to this view, BTW, if Yuuki-cha had made the appropriate restitution to Chip. But that has not happened.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Sep 2nd, '11, 11:43

by Tead Off » Sep 2nd, '11, 11:43

Chip wrote: This is not a vendetta, this is a warning that continues because to this day this vendor has not made things right. I will continue to post the link ... sans comment ... unless there is an argument offered.
Unfortunately, Chip, this IS a vendetta as defined in the dictionary:
"an often prolonged series of retaliatory, vengeful, or hostile acts or exchange of such acts".

There are many ways of looking at this, Chip. I was just trying to be helpful, not argumentative, as I know I feel a lot better when I let things go instead of harboring lingering emotions that ultimately weigh me down.

Sep 2nd, '11, 12:09

by Chip » Sep 2nd, '11, 12:09

I simply posted a link to where the OP can choose to or not read about the incident.

I will say this again, this is not a vendetta, simply a stating of facts to which the reader can choose to ignore or read. If this was a vendetta, I would be alllll over the internet ... copying and pasting my long version, reporting to paypal, creating a blog dedicated to the destruction of the evil empire. But no, I am simply posting a link. And then will only reply if I feel a member downplays the events or argues.

But thank you for clarifying your position.
sherubtse wrote:
Chip wrote:And remember, the OP asked for opinions. The severity warrants warnings. In new members' best interests who have not read my experiences, I will continue to post the link, which is all I did initially.

Well said, Chip. It *is* important for us newbies to know the bad experiences as well as the good ones. We can make an informed decision about how to proceed, based upon the fullest-possible information.

I would be less inclined to this view, BTW, if Yuuki-cha had made the appropriate restitution to Chip. But that has not happened.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Thank you, my intended purpose.

And I still await any email response from Yuuki-Cha. But whatever, that is their choice of course.

EDIT: Yuuki-Cha ultimately did refund the money, but held onto it for extended periods of time (twice) while never intending to send the product. During the times they held my funds, they never responded to emails asking where is my product ... and then where is my money? We are not talking pocket change, but hundreds of USD.

Sep 2nd, '11, 19:02

by entropyembrace » Sep 2nd, '11, 19:02

I´m glad Chip is warning people about Yuuki-Cha I wouldn´t want to learn the hard way and have to fight over a big lump of my cash because I said something they didn´t like on the forum. :evil:

Sep 2nd, '11, 22:40

by strickmr » Sep 2nd, '11, 22:40

I'm an O-Cha fan through and through and always will be. Kevin Moore provides excellent customer service and is always available for personal contact. I've also had very good services with Zencha, Maiko, and Hibiki-An. Honestly, it's all up to trial an error. You can take as much advice as you wish, but the best learning experience is from first-hand experience. Chip had an awful experience with Yuuki-Cha, and because of that I have had no inclination to deal with them. You may choose to deal with them and never have a problem. Personally, professionalism is incredibly important to me as a customer. I don't care if their sencha came with bags of gold (though it would be nice), if they do not have the courtesy to be professional with someone trying to promote their products, they will not get my business.

Like I said, it's all your decision. I prefer to have a personal relationship with the person I'm buying my tea from because I feel that's the way buying tea should be.

+ Post Reply