OTTI "for dummies" FAQ's

"Official Tea Tasting Initiative" Teas shared & discussed.

OTTI "for dummies" FAQ's

Postby Chip » Jan 6th, '11, 14:35

Per a suggestion by jmreeves.

This will focus on how to participate, etc. first. But I sense it will evolve.

OK, post your questions here, and I will endeavor to include them in this original post. I will add some questions/answers too on some relevant basics.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Re: OTTI "for dummies" FAQ's

Postby the_skua » Jan 6th, '11, 20:45

Can others add comments about the aspects of OTTI that they really enjoy?
the_skua

Postby jmreeves » Jan 6th, '11, 23:18

Hmm bummer my initial response never went through :shock:

thanks for putting this up Chip.

My main question was based on the logistics of how the OTTI works and I think I understand but let me clarify for the FAQ

1) once the round has been posted as available in the hagi and teaware SOP and OTTI thread then we can PM Chip.

A)Chip explains if any teas are still available and if so we commit to one of the options. The specifics of each round are usually explained within the post given i.e paypal instructions specific teas and quantities etc.
B) paypal transaction....profit

2) How long does it typically take for an OTTI to fill up? a few hours after posting? 1 day? or longer...

3) are there requirements to the reviews, some sort of pay it forward deal. Reviews on taste, odor, color pictures etc.

anyhow...a few thoughts and thanks for hosting!! sounds like a sweet program
jmreeves

Postby Chip » Sep 7th, '11, 20:19

OOOOPS, I let this slip ... I will post here shortly. (shortly as defined by me given whatever variables I may be facing at any given shortly moment. :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby night.owl » Sep 7th, '11, 21:03

I'm glad you came back to this, as I'm interested too, but none of it makes any sense to me... :|

Looking forward to your response(s)!
night.owl

Postby Chip » Sep 7th, '11, 21:25

night.owl wrote:I'm glad you came back to this, as I'm interested too, but none of it makes any sense to me... :|

As Nike says, "Just Do It!" :mrgreen:

I will also do a new "How to" topic since the old one has lots of posts and a more concise topic would be more helpful.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby night.owl » Sep 7th, '11, 21:30

Chip wrote:
night.owl wrote:I'm glad you came back to this, as I'm interested too, but none of it makes any sense to me... :|

As Nike says, "Just Do It!" :mrgreen:

I will also do a new "How to" topic since the old one has lots of posts and a more concise topic would be more helpful.

Thanks!
night.owl

Postby sherubtse » Sep 8th, '11, 07:00

Chip wrote:I will also do a new "How to" topic since the old one has lots of posts and a more concise topic would be more helpful.

This would be very helpful to me, and others too I am sure! :mrgreen:

Best wishes,
sherubtse
sherubtse

Postby Chip » Sep 15th, '11, 13:57

jmreeves wrote:1) once the round has been posted as available in the hagi and teaware SOP and OTTI thread then we can PM Chip.

A)Chip explains if any teas are still available and if so we commit to one of the options. The specifics of each round are usually explained within the post given i.e paypal instructions specific teas and quantities etc.
B) paypal transaction....profit

First, I have posted a new topic, OTTI "NEW and SIMPLE" Begin Here! http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=16242

I think this will answer most questions on logistics, etc. Also, I will limit discussion in the topic to OTTI only. Hagi is quite different logistically, etc.

To answer this OTTI question, I post the official topic 3 days prior to the OTTI going live. Members must wait til the topic officially goes live to contact me via EMAIL (this is new).

OTTI costs are discussed in the NEW OTTI Begin Here topic.

How long does it typically take for an OTTI to fill up? a few hours after posting? 1 day? or longer...

From minutes to hours to a few days. There are a lot of factors that can hasten the OTTI filling up. Usually less than 24 hours.

3) are there requirements to the reviews, some sort of pay it forward deal. Reviews on taste, odor, color pictures etc.

The reviews should be within each individual's comfort zone. Just be yourself so to speak. Pictures are a great addition, but definitely not a requirement.

anyhow...a few thoughts and thanks for hosting!! sounds like a sweet program

Thanks, and my apologies for letting this slip.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby night.owl » Sep 15th, '11, 23:02

Thanks for updating!

:mrgreen:
night.owl

Postby sherubtse » Sep 16th, '11, 06:58

Chip: Should OTTI questions go in this thread, or in the new "OTTI "NEW and SIMPLE" Begin here!" thread?

Thanks. :)

Best wishes,
sherubtse
sherubtse

Postby Chip » Sep 16th, '11, 08:03

Here would be best. Thanks. :mrgreen:

If there is something I need to add to the "OTTI "NEW and SIMPLE" Begin here!" thread, I can easily do it, but this way it will be a streamlined how to topic.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby sherubtse » Sep 16th, '11, 13:30

Chip wrote:Here would be best. Thanks. :mrgreen:

If there is something I need to add to the "OTTI "NEW and SIMPLE" Begin here!" thread, I can easily do it, but this way it will be a streamlined how to topic.

OK.

How about a general introduction to OTTI, viz. what it is exactly and / or a general explanation, info on what the letters stand for, etc.

(Yes, I know many will likely groan at the need for this, as it will seem obvious to them, but there are some newbies like myself who really don't know this info.)

Best wishes,
shertubtse
sherubtse

Postby Chip » Sep 16th, '11, 22:50

sherubtse wrote:
Chip wrote:Here would be best. Thanks. :mrgreen:

OK.

How about a general introduction to OTTI, viz. what it is exactly and / or a general explanation, info on what the letters stand for, etc.

(Yes, I know many will likely groan at the need for this, as it will seem obvious to them, but there are some newbies like myself who really don't know this info.)

Best wishes,
shertubtse

My apologies, this was an obvious oversight to the New and Simple OTTI topic.

I will answer it here and add it to that topic.

Official Tea Tasting Initiative ... OTTI. And it is official because I say it is. :wink: :roll: :lol:

I could easily sub Introduction for Initiative, they both fit in for different reasons.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Sep 24th, '11, 21:44

Look for official 3 day notification under the new OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic ... momentarily!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions