Aug 30th, '11, 11:10

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by hopeofdawn » Aug 30th, '11, 11:10

yinwenqian wrote:Image
Lovely fine details on that carving! What kind of animal figures are next to the man?

Aug 30th, '11, 12:20

by auhckw » Aug 30th, '11, 12:20

From a private collector who went to the HK shop (Cheung Hing) and bought it... He handed me about 9 teapots yesterday and more coming from his own collection. I will post them up when I have time.

These are new teapots. I like the shape, but don't like the chinese words saying drink Oolong :evil:

L: Red, R: Purple

Red side

Red bottom
Last edited by auhckw on Aug 30th, '11, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

Aug 30th, '11, 12:58

by auhckw » Aug 30th, '11, 12:58

Forgot to update... I bought the KLP4 myself since last week. Transferring the info here...

Artist Teapot 何馨 (He Xin): Di Cao Qing - Ban Yue Hu (1/2 Moon Teapot)

The teashop that is selling this is quite specialized in teapots and clays. They have sold many different levels of artist teapots through their good contacts with the artist themselves. Some of the artist teapots can be expensive as MYR 120k (USD 43k) but there are also some that is at a much affordable rates (few thousand MYR). I have witness many artist teapots being sold. Some are even sold before the teapot is made. The teashop also commissions their own teapots and it will usually sell out quickly because their clients know about the good clay used and quality of workmanship.

So happen, I saw this beauty and couldn’t get my eyes off. It was brought out only a month. The teapot is made by an upcoming female artist in her mid 30s which the price may be less painful for some… so I thought of sharing :)

Info
1/2 Moon Shape Teapot (半月壶)
Made by wife 何馨 (he xin) and carved by husband 周波 (zhou bo)
Both are 工艺美术师 (gong yi mei shu shi)
Made in 1999
Di Cao Qing clay (底槽青)
Semi hand made
High fired
150ml
7 holes
Smooth flow. No leakage
Emptied water in 15 to 17 seconds
Fill with water. Cover the spout, turn the pot upside down. Lid didn't fall

There are some later batch and some early batch of the teapot that may look similar because the artist has made a few throughout her years of making but not many. Price range may differ, can be more expensive can be cheaper, can be of different clay. The one that the shop is having is 100% genuine because they know the makers themselves.

This teapot is made by wife and carved by the husband which carries a better value. According to the seller, the wife doesn't carve. The chop and logo refers to the maker and the year it was produced

Bottom carving, 己卯年秋月艺陶苑馨制 (ji mao nian qiu yue yi tao yuan xin zhi). Made in y1999 Autumn.

More photos: http://imageshack.us/g/805/image001gl.jpg/

Some info and photos from the net about the maker ...

何馨艺术简历:
http://home.zisha123.com/he/index.php

何馨,一九七五年出生,从小就看着父亲何挺初做壶的她,最终也从事了这个职业。自小的耳濡目染使她对紫砂有着深厚的情感。 1991年进宜兴紫砂厂随父何挺初学艺,获奖作品有《根壶》等,现受聘于宜兴陶瓷博物馆个人工作室从艺

Google Translate:
He Xin, born in 1975, grew up watching his father very early how to do pot, she is ultimately engaged in this profession. Childhood of poetry that she has deep feelings for the purple. 1991, where their father into the Yixing plant very beginner Arts, winning the "root pot", etc., are employed in the personal studio for art Yixing Ceramics Museum.

Aug 30th, '11, 13:01

by auhckw » Aug 30th, '11, 13:01

I guess it isn't too much to buy 2 artist teapot in the same week. Bought this too since no one took it and I liked it a lot.

Artist Teapot 陆君 (lu jun): Hong Ni Tiao Sa (Red Clay Mix Sand)
Long Chu Sheng Tien Hu (Dragon Goes Up Sky Teapot)

From the same teashop that is selling the 1/2 Moon Shape Teapot. Here is another beauty. This teapot is a rare shape design teapot.

Info
Dragon Goes Up Sky Teapot (龙出升天壶)
Made by 陆君 (lu jun)
工艺美术师 (gong yi mei shu shi)
Made in 2002
Hong Ni Tiao Sa clay (红泥调砂)
Semi hand made
High fired
140ml
7 holes
Smooth flow. No leakage
Emptied water in 15 to 17 seconds
Fill with water. Cover the spout, turn the pot upside down. Lid didn't fall

More photos: http://imageshack.us/g/233/image001og.jpg/

Some info and photos from the net about the maker ...

陆君艺术简历:
http://www.zisha360.com/author/ashow/159.shtml

陆君(工艺美术师) 1967年生。 陆君与范建华在工作室(右为陆君) 1983年进紫砂工艺厂拜高级工艺美术师吴群祥为师,学习制壶技艺,后考入研究所,随岳母曹婉芬进一步全面学习紫砂的造型设计技艺,深得老师真传。 1988年进中央工艺美术院高级培训班进修陶瓷造型设计, 1990年从事艺德培训工作。所创作品深得好评,并多次获奖。《五头鸣啸茶具》获中国传统工艺精品奖。《什锦小品组壶》获江苏省工艺美术三等奖。《梅椿茶文具》获江苏省首届新人新作三等奖。《硕梅茶文具》获三十七届大连旅游品、工艺品二等奖。《吟啸茶具》获江苏省工艺美术三等奖。《梅花三弄》获华东工艺美术精品奖金奖。《喜鹊登梅》获江苏省首届新人新作二等奖。《鱼跃茶文具》获中国陶瓷艺术展览,中国名窑、名瓷、名人、名作展铜奖。

Google Translate:
Lu Jun (craft artist) born in 1967. In the studio with Fan Jianhua Lu Jun (right to land king) into the purple craft factory in 1983 thanks to advanced technology artist Wu Qun Xiang as a teacher, learning skills potter, admitted after the Institute, with the mother Cao Wanfen further comprehensive study of the design purple skills, the teacher won the true mass. 1988 into the Central Academy of Arts and Crafts ceramics design course are senior in 1990, training in the arts Germany. The creations won acclaim and numerous awards. "Five Xiao Ming Tea" by China's traditional crafts Excellence Award. "Mixed group of pot comedy" by Jiangsu Arts and Crafts Award. "Mei Chun Tea Stationery" in Jiangsu Province for the first couple of new third prize. "Shuo Mei tea stationery" was thirty-seventh Dalian tourism products, crafts second prize. "Yin Xiao Tea" by Jiangsu Arts and Crafts Award. "Plum Blossom" won the prize of East China arts and crafts boutique. "Magpie Mui" in Jiangsu Province for the first couple of new second prize. "Diving Tea Stationery" art exhibition by Chinese ceramics, Chinese wares, porcelains, celebrities, show bronze masterpiece.

Aug 30th, '11, 13:44
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » Aug 30th, '11, 13:44

auhckw wrote:Forgot to update... I1/2 Moon Shape Teapot (半月壶)
Made by wife 何馨 (he xin) and carved by husband 周波 (zhou bo)
Both are 工艺美术师 (gong yi mei shu shi)
I liked the look of that one, but have no funds for purchases at the moment!

I see they were both involved in the NCECA 2009 Exhibition
http://ceramicartsdaily.net/downloads/NCECA09WEB.pdf
Scottsdale Route
d
Beyond the Function—International Contemporary
Teapot Exhibition. An exhibition interested in the
exploration of new developments in teapots worldwide
during the birth of the 21st century. Marc
Barr, Zhou Bo, Sara Chieco, Bowie Croisant, Gerard
Justin Ferrari, Steve Hilton, Wang Jianzhong,
Robert Johnson, Sandy Kinzie, Robert Lawarre,
Swanica Ligtenberg, Gu Meiqun, Eugenia Frith
Meltzer, Anamarija Reljac, Steve Saliscan, Carol
& Richard Selfridge, Eric Serritella, Ericka Clark
Shaw, Patrick Ting, Iva Viskovie, Patricia Whidby,
Carol Wedemeyer, Shi Xiaoming, He Xin and Qian
Zhangfa. Curated by Guangzhen Po Zhou.
The same exhibition is quoted in ChineseClayArt News
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clayart/message/289570
But when I tried to follow links to Feb 2009 Newsletter which promised photos - the server could not find it

Aug 30th, '11, 13:48

by brandon » Aug 30th, '11, 13:48

Older version of Mr. A's Qing Yin pot. Not 100% sure because the stamp under the lid doesn't match, but if it is reproduction it is a very early one. Nice clay.

Our friend WY is a big fan of these early versions and posted some more details.
http://teadrunk.org/viewtopic.php?id=50

Aug 30th, '11, 14:28

by wyardley » Aug 30th, '11, 14:28

auhckw wrote: These are new teapots. I like the shape, but don't like the chinese words saying drink Oolong
If you don't like the writing, there are millions of shui ping hu without writing... ugly or not, the writing is the whole point of the pot.

The lacquered writing on the pot has a long history with Cheung Hing, since the 60s or 70s at least (the older pots from there have no writing, but I think the bottom seal is a string of numbers and letters). The old ones didn't say "please drink..." on them, but had some advertising text with the shop's address, their san yin ("three stamp") shui xian, and their tieguanyin. The 4 characters over or under the yixing zhongguo chop (xiang xing cha hang / cheung hing cha hong) are the shop's name. I think it's ugly, but there is also a connection to some kind of history, which I think is why these pots are sought after and also why they're so widely faked. It's also interesting, because I don't believe they've officially commissioned / sold these pots since the 80s or before.

The last time I was there, there were no teapots at all (old or new), and most of their other custom teaware is of just average quality, so curious how the quality of these new ones is.

Aug 30th, '11, 16:41

by Drax » Aug 30th, '11, 16:41

wyardley wrote:The lacquered writing on the pot...
Out of curiosity, the writing on the pots that auhckw posted -- it looks too perfect... any chance it is an applique or some form of transferred medium?

Aug 30th, '11, 19:02

by wyardley » Aug 30th, '11, 19:02

Drax wrote:
wyardley wrote:The lacquered writing on the pot...
Out of curiosity, the writing on the pots that auhckw posted -- it looks too perfect... any chance it is an applique or some form of transferred medium?
I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's a stencil. I think the old ones are too.

Aug 30th, '11, 22:17
Vendor Member

by TIM » Aug 30th, '11, 22:17

yinwenqian wrote:Below is my collection of teapots.I like the crave on teapot especially.
This is such a beautiful yixing. Have not seen such craftmanship for a while. Congrats yinwenqian. Keep it coming :) ~ Toki

Aug 30th, '11, 23:26

by yinwenqian » Aug 30th, '11, 23:26

TIM wrote:
yinwenqian wrote:Below is my collection of teapots.I like the crave on teapot especially.
This is such a beautiful yixing. Have not seen such craftmanship for a while. Congrats yinwenqian. Keep it coming :) ~ Toki
Thanks Tim,i will keep it as i like it very much

Aug 30th, '11, 23:29

by yinwenqian » Aug 30th, '11, 23:29

Below is the reverse side of this teapot

Sep 10th, '11, 21:30

by bagua7 » Sep 10th, '11, 21:30

yinwenqian wrote:Below is my collection of teapots.
Only one? :wink:

Just picked up this small pot from an acquaintance yesterday.

Clay type: modern zhuni
Year: 80s
Size: 80mL, single hole
Pouring speed: fast, minimal dripping from its mouth
Place of acquisition: local tea house
Usage: Bai Ji Guan oolong
Last edited by bagua7 on Apr 27th, '12, 23:15, edited 4 times in total.

Sep 10th, '11, 21:46

by Drax » Sep 10th, '11, 21:46

Very nice, bagua! I really like the wide lid... I bet it makes it a lot easier to get leaves in and out on the smaller size.

Sep 11th, '11, 02:45

by bagua7 » Sep 11th, '11, 02:45

Thanks, Drax.
Last edited by bagua7 on Apr 27th, '12, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.

+ Post Reply