Greetings from Alaska


Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Greetings from Alaska

Postby Mintaka » Sep 8th, '11, 00:09

Hello. I am a tea enthusiast and I live in Alaska. Being a university student, I get a lot of good from the calming effects of theanine in tea. My favorite teas are the darker roasted oolongs (especially wuyi types), spring Chinese greens, and pretty much anything Japanese. I also used to work for a local tea shop and wholesale tea distributor, where I got a lot of good training in tea, but I'm always looking to further my education.

Nice to meet you all!
Mintaka
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Aug 26th, '
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska

Re: Greetings from Alaska

Postby AdamMY » Sep 8th, '11, 11:36

Welcome to teachat. Alaska is a beautiful state, I want to go back but sadly I have only been there once. But being that far north it is quite understandable that you would prefer darker/ more roasted teas.
User avatar
AdamMY
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Jul 22nd, '
Location: Capital of the Mitten

Re: Greetings from Alaska

Postby teaisme » Sep 8th, '11, 13:18

ola!
User avatar
teaisme
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: May 27th, '

Re: Greetings from Alaska

Postby Mintaka » Sep 8th, '11, 14:39

AdamMY wrote:Welcome to teachat. Alaska is a beautiful state, I want to go back but sadly I have only been there once. But being that far north it is quite understandable that you would prefer darker/ more roasted teas.



Yes, I suppose the need for roastiness and warmth usually outweighs the need to feel cool or refreshed. Although I do adore bi luo chun!
Mintaka
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Aug 26th, '
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska

Re: Greetings from Alaska

Postby Chip » Sep 14th, '11, 11:28

Welcome Mintaka to TeaChat, sorry for the delayed 'hello'.

I have been reading your posts on the forum and am looking forward to reading more. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22145
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Greetings from Alaska

Postby Mintaka » Sep 15th, '11, 15:03

Chip wrote:Welcome Mintaka to TeaChat, sorry for the delayed 'hello'.

I have been reading your posts on the forum and am looking forward to reading more. :mrgreen:


Thanks! I hope my posts are not too minimal. I tend to be overly concise...
Mintaka
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Aug 26th, '
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska

Re: Greetings from Alaska

Postby Chip » Sep 15th, '11, 15:44

Mintaka wrote:
Chip wrote:Welcome Mintaka to TeaChat, sorry for the delayed 'hello'.

I have been reading your posts on the forum and am looking forward to reading more. :mrgreen:


Thanks! I hope my posts are not too minimal. I tend to be overly concise...

Post in your style, but then be prepared for questions or requests for further explantions. ... I can get overly wordy when a simple explanation would be better. :lol:
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22145
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji


Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation