Thur/Fri TeaDay 9/15-16/11 Too much lately?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

A spin off of yesterday's, is there a tea that you have had too much lately and feel you need a break from it? BONUS, has there ever been such a tea? Please share.

Definitely YES!
6%
Yes, I believe so
14%
Maybe
6%
Not really
26%
Definitely not
6%
Other
No votes
Bonus, Definitely YES!
23%
Bonus, Yes, I believe so
14%
Bonus, Maybe
No votes
Bonus, Not really
6%
Bonus, Definitely not
No votes
Bonus, Other
No votes

Total votes: 35

Sep 15th, '11, 01:49
Scrolling: scrolling

Thur/Fri TeaDay 9/15-16/11 Too much lately?

by Chip » Sep 15th, '11, 01:49

Greetings everyone ... welcome to a new TeaDay. Please drop in and share with us what is in your cup. And of course discuss today's topic.

Yesterday we discussed teas we have not had for too long. Please continue to discuss yesterday's topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic. A spin off of yesterday's, is there a tea that you have had too much lately and feel you need a break from it? Has there ever been such a tea? Please share.

We are looking forward to sharing this TeaDay with everyone, bottoms up.

Sep 15th, '11, 05:25

Re: Thusday TeaDay 9/15/11 Too much lately?

by David R. » Sep 15th, '11, 05:25

I received a lot of young puerh samples this summer. I tasted them all, several times to determine if one or a few were worth buying.

In the end, I feel I had really too many and won't drink young puerh before a while.

I also realized that I have only drunk samples this year and barely even touched the puerh I like from last year and older. I will narrow down my search to only a few trusted vendors next time, cause while I wanted to be thorough, I really had too much !

In general, I like to stick to one type of tea until I get bored and move on. I have the feeling that I learn more this way than switching all the time.

Kasuga Zairai Sencha from Hojo.

Sep 15th, '11, 09:24

by Proinsias » Sep 15th, '11, 09:24

Not at the moment, a few months back I was low on tea stocks and pretty much living on pu-erh. Got quite dull after a while.

Aoki green to brighten up an already sunny afternoon and day off work.

Sep 15th, '11, 11:15

by Chip » Sep 15th, '11, 11:15

Ooops, I did it again. Offered a bonus question and forgot to add a 2nd vote option.

You can now vote twice. If you voted once previously, you can now add your second vote.

Sep 15th, '11, 12:25

by debunix » Sep 15th, '11, 12:25

Lately, the balance has been pretty good, although tilted a bit too much towards greener oolongs; cooler fall weather should cure that when it comes, as the puerhs and toasty oolongs suddenly become more attractive.

In the past, I've overdone some teas when I wanted to finish them off before I could open another package of something similar....not generally a problem with puerh, naturally, but sometimes has happened with green oolongs and green teas and white teas.....those moments when you're drinking a cup of tea out of duty and not enjoyment.

Starting today with some 'white dragon' yunnan white tea from Norbu. Pleasant mild tea to start the day, but I'm going to need to follow it with something deeply, darkly puerh.

Sep 15th, '11, 13:48

by DarkenedSun » Sep 15th, '11, 13:48

Right now, I'm drinking teas to clean out my storage area but I'm doing ok keeping from burning out on one type of tea. I have overdosed myself on jasmine green in the past. I still don't think I ever want to drink it again. :lol:

Sep 15th, '11, 16:17

by Chip » Sep 15th, '11, 16:17

What??? Get burned out on SENCHA??? Well, I have approached this point in the past, but not recently. Usually it is when I have nothing but uninspiring or all too similar sections. Even with sencha, I need variety.

I tired of teas in the past, and it usually occurs at pivotal points in my TeaJourney. Then I would wonder what do I do with all the teas of this type?

First one was flavored teas not long after I began drinking tea seriously over 12 years ago ... "what do I do with all these flavored teas now that I have no interest in them?" ...

Sep 15th, '11, 20:46

by the_skua » Sep 15th, '11, 20:46

I just finished four days of Long Jing, so I'm a little tired of it now.

Sep 16th, '11, 00:23

by Chip » Sep 16th, '11, 00:23

Great TD. Began with a blend of sencha samples from the Expo with the Mrs. Came out pretty good. Next up sample Shizuoka Grade 1 ... yeah from the Expo.

And finished the TD with Xi Hu Long Jing given to me by a friend ... at the Expo. :lol:

Sep 16th, '11, 00:28

by Chip » Sep 16th, '11, 00:28

Who says we had too much of yesterday's topic? Not me. So yesterday's topic carries over to today.

Please drop in and share what is in your cup throughout the day.

Also discuss yesterday's topic.

And of course you can start up a new topic, after all this is our TeaRoom.

Looking forward to seeing you in TeaDay. Bottoms up.

Sep 16th, '11, 16:03

Re: Thur/Fri TeaDay 9/15-16/11 Too much lately?

by JRS22 » Sep 16th, '11, 16:03

What I've had too much of lately are the odds and ends I've been drinking to clear out my tea cabinet. Right now the only such tea I have remaining is a container of Jasmine Pearls - my first tea love. I'm not counting the bins of Puerh samples which are in a separate cabinet, since I don't worry about them going stale. My reward - space for all the 2011 greens I've been purchasing. The Chinese greens are here, and a box from O-Cha is on it's way.

I was inspired by all the Long Jing discussion on Teachat to open a bag of 2011 Shi Feng from Jing. I thoroughly enjoyed last year's Shi Feng and couldn't understand all the complaints about a bad harvest. Well, 2011 may not be the "best" harvest, but I can appreciate the difference compared to 2010.

Sep 16th, '11, 16:24

by AdamMY » Sep 16th, '11, 16:24

I can not say that I have had too much of any tea lately. But my enthusiasm for Sencha is waning slightly after a little over a year of sencha being my go to type of tea.

Sep 16th, '11, 21:23

by Fuyou » Sep 16th, '11, 21:23

I recently received a batch of Hosen and Kumpuu from Ippodo and spent a week on the Hosen and then a few days on the Kumpuu trying to figure out how I want to brew them. I definitely got tired of the Hosen after a while.

I also got a batch of kamairi-cha, but I had to finish off my shiawase-cha so that I could empty a cannister. I do like the shiawase-cha, but I'm not always in the mood for it, so I probably won't buy anymore.

I'm drinking my very first brew of kamairi-cha, a Miyazaki Kamairicha Kanayamidori from Yuuki-cha, and it is a very nice change of pace.

Sep 17th, '11, 03:21

by David R. » Sep 17th, '11, 03:21

Fuyou wrote:I recently received a batch of Hosen and Kumpuu from Ippodo and spent a week on the Hosen and then a few days on the Kumpuu trying to figure out how I want to brew them. I definitely got tired of the Hosen after a while.
May I ask how did it go ? Ippodo have their own parameters (high ratio, high temp). Do you agree with them ? Just curious. :wink:

Sep 17th, '11, 09:52

by Chip » Sep 17th, '11, 09:52

Great TD yesterday (Friday), sampling new sencha-s is always fun! And tasty. I don't think I will ever tire of this.

TD began with Shizuoka Grade 1 from the Expo with the Mrs., quite nice asamushi! Next up, Adagio's Sencha Premier, still 2010. And lastly Asatsuya sample from the Expo.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Soooo, late last night, I did a new topic for TD. Submitted it and it was lost. This happens to everyone, but it is never pleasant anyway.

I am working on a new topic presently.