OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

"Official Tea Tasting Initiative" Teas shared & discussed.

OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

Postby Chip » Sep 24th, '11, 21:51

I figure this will be clearer for the 3 day notifications for OTTI Rounds. I will post an announcement at least 3 days prior of upcoming OTTI Rounds.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Re: OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

Postby Chip » Sep 24th, '11, 21:55

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK
OTTI 10 is right around the clock.

Wait 3 days and you will see
This time around what will it be?

Consider this to be your 3 day notice
so be here for what is

... a very fine group of tea.

OTTI 11 will be a high quality SENCHA round!

OK, this is your official notification that OTTI 11 will go live on Wednesday at 6 pm Eastern USA time. The Official OTTI 11 Topic will be posted at least 3 hours prior at which time you can view all the particulars. Then at 6 pm you will be able to submit your request to participate. As always, "seating" is limited.

For now I will share this much. There will be 5 different teas from 5 different vendors. Each of the 5 samples will consist of 10 grams, so 50 grams total

As always there will be a nominal fee, this helps make the OTTI available for those who are earnestly interested versus the free sample junkies who will always ask for free tea, then stick it in a kitchen drawer for posterity. :lol:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Mar 5th, '12, 17:16

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK ...

3 DAYS TIL OTTI 12!

This is the official 3 day notification!

I will post the official OTTI 12 topic on Thursday at 6 pm Eastern USA time.

I will try to post it 3 hours earlier for previewing. The topic will then go live at 6 pm sharp at which time you can reserve your spot by emailing me (info will be in the official post).

This round will feature the entire new line-up of new teas from one vendor.

This was a bit of an opportunistic and serendipitous undertaking as this vendor had long ago informed me that they would be adding this particular line to their offerings ... then suddenly out of the blue they posted them on their site, finally.

This will be an exciting round!!! As usual, seating will be limited. :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » May 20th, '12, 18:01

OTTI 13 will go live in 3 days! That will be Wednesday May 23, 2012 at 6:00 PM Eastern USA time.

This OTTI round will feature 6 different Shincha all from O-Cha. The first 5 are the ones already posted on the O-Cha site. The 6th ... well it is a great one, but you will have to wait to hear what it is since O-Cha has not yet announced its release date.

If you already ordered some of these, this is still an excellent opportunity to sample thye rest ... and I will endeavor to work it out with you so you do not receive teas you already have!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » May 23rd, '12, 15:33

Oh, I will post the new topic (locked) shortly for previewing. I will then open the topic for comment, etc at 6 pm Eastern USA time.

Hoping to complete it by 4 pm Eastern USA time.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jun 11th, '12, 13:16

OTTI 14 will go live in a little under 3 days. I will post more here shortly.

So, I will post the topic on Wednesday at 6 PM Eastern USA time. I will try to post the topic for previewing 3 hours prior.

Again, this OTTI will feature Shincha from Hakoniwado, AKA Xell. The 5 featured teas are all from Yame, a rare opp to sample 5 Yame shincha!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jun 12th, '12, 22:23

... remember, tomorrow (Wednesday) at 3 pm Eastern USA time, I will endeavor to have the topic open for preview. Then it goes live a 6 pm!

Everything is in hand for this OTTI round, GREAT. 5 different Yame shincha arrived yesterday from Xell. The sample pouches are here, and the packaging too!

So, this one will have a pretty fast turn around.

I have not opened any of these yet for prelim tasting, but I am excited. Hopefully tomorrow will have the right time to sample.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jul 1st, '12, 14:24

... and now for something completely different!

OTTI 15 will feature a six-pack of Gaoshan, Taiwan oolong, submitted for your sampling, tasting, approval. The six selected will exemplify the diversity of Taiwan oolong-s.

The vendor, MountainTea.com is a new one for me and I suspect for virtually everyone here.
They are a multi generation family of growers/sellers who grow and then sell direct. The formula helps them to offer their products at very reasonable prices.

I met several members of the family at the World Tea Expo in June. They are excited to participate in this OTTI round and even conducted a special teasting to determine what to offer our members!

http://www.mountaintea.com/

This OTTI round will go live with a new topic under OTTI on Thursday July 5th at 6 pm Eastern USA time. The topic will be opened for previewing 3 hours prior.

Then at 6 pm Eastern USA time, members can express their desire to participate via email as directed in the new topic. As always, seating is limited!!!

I will be promoting this OTTI round with bits and pieces of information between now and then. However ... I will wet (and whet) your whistle ...

2 greener, 2 medium, 2 dark
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jul 5th, '12, 14:53

T minus 7 minutes to posting of OTTI 15 for previewing!!!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Oct 7th, '12, 13:56

OTTI 16 will go live on Wednesday at 6 PM Eastern USA time. The official topic will be posted for member previewing 3 hours prior, 3 PM.

This will be a DOVe (Dedicated to One Vendor) OTTI round and was requested by several members. This round will feature a diverse range of offerings from
http://www.thes-du-japon.com/ including 3 Sencha, 1 micro-fermented, and one Kamairicha ... 5 teas total. Each participant will receive 10 grams of each selection, 50 grams total.

Many thanks to
http://www.thes-du-japon.com/ for their eagerness to participate in our OTTI program!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Oct 9th, '12, 19:54

Remember, tomorrow is the day!

3 pm Eastern USA time. Topic preview for members to review

6 pm Eastern USA time. OTTI 16 officially goes live!!!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Apr 30th, '13, 17:42

Tickitty tock,
OTTI is on the clock!

This is the official 3 day notification of Shin-OTTI-Cha which will go live on Friday at 6 pm Eastern USA time with a 3 hour prior preview of the official topic which will include all the particulars of this round.

However, nice guy that I am, look for more information before then.

If you are thinking of sampling Shincha, you will not want to miss this! This will be the biggest and best Shincha round to date. This will include some new friends and some old friends! This is going to be ... awesome ... :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » May 1st, '13, 15:26

... weeeeeeeeee ...

Look for updates shortly on Shincha OTTI! This is going to be a fun and exciting round, guaranteed! :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » May 1st, '13, 19:24

What do golfballs and Shincha OTTI have in common?

First to guess and post correctly will receive one *BONUS* selection!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » May 1st, '13, 19:27

d'oh ... unlocked the topic.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions