Lu Wu white tea. anyone knows this one

White and yellow teas are among the most subtle.

Oct 2nd, '11, 09:05

Lu Wu white tea. anyone knows this one

by Mterpstra » Oct 2nd, '11, 09:05

i just bought a Lu Wu tea(seller said it was green but i'm quite convinced it's a white).
it looks similar to a snowbud. it's pretty much only the heary buds. en the taste is really full, slightly nutty.
but i never heard about this one. on the internet there is not so much info and i dont know where it comes from.
does anyone know this tea, and has some info

gr. mattias

Oct 2nd, '11, 13:36
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Lu Wu white tea. anyone knows this one

by Jspigs » Oct 2nd, '11, 13:36

I managed to find a green tea called Lu Shan Yun Wu that seems to meet your description. It apparently comes from Jiang Xi province in China.

I would post a link to an article on it but being a new member I am not yet allowed to post links, but I will be happy to answer any other questions about it you might have.

Oct 2nd, '11, 14:01

by debunix » Oct 2nd, '11, 14:01

You can paste the link in without using the URL button, and we can see the full text of the link and copy/paste/visit if we're comfortable.

Oct 2nd, '11, 14:07
Scrolling: scrolling

by Jspigs » Oct 2nd, '11, 14:07

Ok let's see if this works: http://www.green-tea-health-news .com/lu-shan-yun-wu-tea .html
(remove the space between -tea and .html and -news and .com)
The brewing instructions on that page don't seem to be the best but it has good info on the history and other non brewing aspects of the tea.

Hmm... it keeps making it into a link. I apologize for the link, I can't seem to paste the address without it making it into a link. If you read this Chip, please work your moderator magic and break the link for me.

Oct 2nd, '11, 14:53

by Mterpstra » Oct 2nd, '11, 14:53

thanks for the info.
so it is a green tea. i found out the seller is from a bigger company and i found some info on their website as well. but not much. it says that is indeed from the jiangxi region. and that the anual production is a mere 1000 kg.
about the brewing( how i did it): it needs a big tablespoon. and a low 70 C temp. left the leaves for two minutes in a glass cup. the hairs beautifully reflected the sunlight.
it was a good tea moment

+ Post Reply