The Beauty of Packaging

Trends and Tips on developing and operating a tea business.

Re: The Beauty of Packaging

Postby IPT » Dec 3rd, '10, 12:14

I wish I could find the biodegradable plastics here. I've been searching, but no luck yet. I do try to use as much recycled shipping material as possible. I bought a new sofa a few months back and it was wrapped in bubble wrap. I've been using that for months to wrap packages.
IPT
Vendor Member

Postby teapartywhimsy » Jan 15th, '11, 00:19

I like a little creativity with my tea. Pretty packaging is a nice touch, but I'd rather have a pretty product in my cup than risk it for packaging. See if there's anything unique you can do to show your investment in the customer without risking the quality of your product.

About 60% of the reason I buy anything is due to the way it's packaged. I'm really attracted to pretty boxes, tea bags, and tins, but I think this is more important for at-location customers, since it appeals more to impulsiveness rather than research of product.
teapartywhimsy

Postby IPT » Jan 15th, '11, 02:09

Thank you, that is a good suggestion. I should probably come up with something simple, that is at least a little prettier than ziploc baggies and vacuum sealed bags. I'll have to think about this some more.
IPT
Vendor Member

Postby djlau » Oct 27th, '11, 12:19

I also prefer eco friendly packaging. Although I will admit that I have a soft spot for tins, because they're just so good for tea and so easy to use..
djlau

Postby DarkenedSun » Oct 27th, '11, 12:41

Pretty packaging is nice if you are buying something in person. If I order online, I don't care what it looks like when it comes to me as long as it is not broken or damaged in some way. I also reuse packaging for shipping and think it is just more eco friendly. That's my $0.02 :wink:
DarkenedSun

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions