Signature Blend Tutorial?

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Jan 2nd, '11, 19:13

Signature Blend Tutorial?

by KellyM » Jan 2nd, '11, 19:13

I want to create a signature blend, but I find myself facing a problem. I don't know where to begin and I can't find any sort of tutorial near or around Adagio's Signature Blend page.

$10 is a lot for a blend gamble.

I was thinking about combining the following:

Spiced Mate (Herbal)
Chocolate Chip (Flavored)
Cream (Flavored)

So now... if those flavors compliment each other the way I think they might... how do I set the percentages?

50/30/20?

60/20/20?

3.14/67.824/29.036?

Help!

Jan 2nd, '11, 20:04

Re: Signature Blend Tutorial?

by RachelC » Jan 2nd, '11, 20:04

There is no absolute right way and unfortunately creating a signature blend is a risk. I think your tea choices are a good the percentages are up to you based on if you are trying to appeal strictly to your tastes or if you're trying to create something that will appeal to most everyone so you can generate sales. From what I know there is no real tutorial but after some trial and error I am sure you will get it.

Spiced Mate - 20%
Chocolate Chip - 50%
Cream - 30%

If you do create a blend using the percentages I have listed please let us know how it turns out. I would be very curious to see how it turns out.

Good luck,
Rachel :D

Jan 2nd, '11, 21:16

by KellyM » Jan 2nd, '11, 21:16

I'm definitely going for a mate that doesn't taste much of, well, grass. The Spiced Mate was delicious when I tried it in the sampler - perfect with some sugar and some milk! This is where I think (haven't tried this tea yet) the Cream will taste great with the Spiced Mate. And the Chocolate Chip... unless it conflicts with the hint of orange in the Spiced Mate... well, the chocolate should play a nice masking role. But I haven't tried the Chocolate Chip tea yet either.

I may just take the gamble ^.^

Jan 3rd, '11, 12:00

by TwoPynts » Jan 3rd, '11, 12:00

Go for it Kelly.
Yes, you take a gamble when you make a blend, no way around that. But it is fun and $10 isn't that terrible. I took a chance with my 2 blends and was very happy with the results, though I went back and tweaked the percentages of my first one afterwords.

Sep 27th, '11, 20:48

by boywoodhe » Sep 27th, '11, 20:48

Hey, Kelly

I have done very well in the signature blend department but only because I made misstakes and then tweeked by blends to make them winners.lol

Spending 10$ on a blend and fixing it might get you a winning blend and you will get your ten bucks back by getting point for your successfull blend. So, Kelly...ten bucks is a good investment! :)
Many people who make blends like to test them out.
If you like to see my blends....its is under creator by my name woodie barnes.

Best luck to you kelly and everyone who is new to blending.:)

yours in tea
Woodie Barnes

Nov 1st, '11, 11:16

by boywoodhe » Nov 1st, '11, 11:16

kelly
I also want to add..if you dont take the gamble, how do you expect other to do the same. :) Let me know how it turned out please.
best of luck
yours in tea
boywoodhe

Nov 6th, '11, 11:39

by kymidwife » Nov 6th, '11, 11:39

I've also had lots of success on making signature blends. I started out by purchasing a number of Adagio samplers, flavored and unflavored, and made my own blends at home. It was a bit like a science experiement! Once I felt I had good ratios, I created and ordered my blend, and my results seems to be consistent with what I'd concocted at home. The samplers cost me more than 10 bucks on the front end, but offered me lots of blending possibilities and saved me from buying some 10 buck mistakes.

Just another idea you could consider. Happy blending!

Sarah

Jul 4th, '13, 19:49

by roseallie » Jul 4th, '13, 19:49

Hi, what I want to know is about creating Artwork for Fandom Blends. I have an idea for my blend and a drawing, but I don't know how to send in the art online. I'm not good with computers, I don't know about how putting stuff online works.

Jul 5th, '13, 01:53

by lordmage » Jul 5th, '13, 01:53

i know what you mean. my blend i created at first was a loss so i reworked it and now i think it is yummy i named it bloody mornings to me it taste like the wild orange honey blossom from teavana.
10% berry blast
50% blood orange
40% honeybush orange
apple pieces inclusion
to me it is so yummy.

Jul 22nd, '13, 19:04

by Petrichor » Jul 22nd, '13, 19:04

Does anyone have any general pointers when it comes to blending different types of teas? For example, what percentage should you use as a black tea base if you're blending a black with herbals? My first go didn't turn out so well; I tried 40% decaf vanilla, 30% spearmint, 30% chamomile, and in the end, all I could taste was chamomile. I guess I need to up the vanilla a bit. Are there any general percentages one can use to ensure that the base flavor comes through?

Jul 29th, '13, 23:42

by lordmage » Jul 29th, '13, 23:42

my only suggestion is to keep you primary flavor Black tea (70) then flavor with the remainder 30.

+ Post Reply