Herbal suggestions?

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Herbal suggestions?

Postby harrisonh1 » Nov 30th, '07, 02:16

I just received my herbal sampler set, with Chamomile, Blood Orange, Rooibos, and Spearmint. Just having finished my first cup of Chamomile, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for combinations, .etc. I'm mostly drinking this as a before bed tea.
harrisonh1

Postby Wesli » Nov 30th, '07, 02:29

Just between those 4, I would recommend a blend with heavy chamomile, a slightly smaller amount of rooibos, and a pinch of mint.

That sounds like something I might enjoy. I sometimes blend chamomile into my flavored rooibos. Very yummy stuff.
Wesli

Postby tomasini » Nov 30th, '07, 02:45

mmmm, chamomile and mint together for sure, a little honey and your set.
try adding lemon to the rooibos...goes excellent =]
tomasini

Postby xine » Nov 30th, '07, 13:48

Fatalitious Dynasty wrote:Just between those 4, I would recommend a blend with heavy chamomile, a slightly smaller amount of rooibos, and a pinch of mint.

That sounds like something I might enjoy. I sometimes blend chamomile into my flavored rooibos. Very yummy stuff.

That blend that Fatalitious (omg, how many name changes? You're like Prince. Or the artist formerly known as Prince. Or etc :lol: ) is Adagio's Foxtrot blend.

I also agree- chamomile with rooibos is quite nice. I like mixing Blood Orange (steeped extra long) with some sparkling water/club soda to make a fizzy drink. Kids love it. Not that I have anykids, but I imagine they would. hehe.
xine

Re: Herbal suggestions?

Postby Auntie Medwyn » Dec 31st, '07, 04:47

harrisonh1 wrote:I just received my herbal sampler set, with Chamomile, Blood Orange, Rooibos, and Spearmint. Just having finished my first cup of Chamomile, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for combinations, .etc. I'm mostly drinking this as a before bed tea.

Toss in some rose hips and/or rose petals, some lemon balm and (if you really want to use it as a before-bed tea) a little bit of lemon catnip. It's not just for cats anymore!

Auntie
Auntie Medwyn

Instant Messenger

Permissions