Herbal suggestions?

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Nov 30th, '07, 01:16

Herbal suggestions?

by harrisonh1 » Nov 30th, '07, 01:16

I just received my herbal sampler set, with Chamomile, Blood Orange, Rooibos, and Spearmint. Just having finished my first cup of Chamomile, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for combinations, .etc. I'm mostly drinking this as a before bed tea.

Nov 30th, '07, 01:29

by Wesli » Nov 30th, '07, 01:29

Just between those 4, I would recommend a blend with heavy chamomile, a slightly smaller amount of rooibos, and a pinch of mint.

That sounds like something I might enjoy. I sometimes blend chamomile into my flavored rooibos. Very yummy stuff.

Nov 30th, '07, 01:45

by tomasini » Nov 30th, '07, 01:45

mmmm, chamomile and mint together for sure, a little honey and your set.
try adding lemon to the rooibos...goes excellent =]

Nov 30th, '07, 12:48

by xine » Nov 30th, '07, 12:48

Fatalitious Dynasty wrote:Just between those 4, I would recommend a blend with heavy chamomile, a slightly smaller amount of rooibos, and a pinch of mint.

That sounds like something I might enjoy. I sometimes blend chamomile into my flavored rooibos. Very yummy stuff.
That blend that Fatalitious (omg, how many name changes? You're like Prince. Or the artist formerly known as Prince. Or etc :lol: ) is Adagio's Foxtrot blend.

I also agree- chamomile with rooibos is quite nice. I like mixing Blood Orange (steeped extra long) with some sparkling water/club soda to make a fizzy drink. Kids love it. Not that I have anykids, but I imagine they would. hehe.

Dec 31st, '07, 03:47

Re: Herbal suggestions?

by Auntie Medwyn » Dec 31st, '07, 03:47

harrisonh1 wrote:I just received my herbal sampler set, with Chamomile, Blood Orange, Rooibos, and Spearmint. Just having finished my first cup of Chamomile, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for combinations, .etc. I'm mostly drinking this as a before bed tea.
Toss in some rose hips and/or rose petals, some lemon balm and (if you really want to use it as a before-bed tea) a little bit of lemon catnip. It's not just for cats anymore!

Auntie
The mind is sovereign. Its will is free.

+ Post Reply