The Tea Drinker's Guide to the Galaxy

Have a Tea Blog or Tea Vlog? Post a topic here.

Oct 26th, '11, 08:21

The Tea Drinker's Guide to the Galaxy

by wagrz » Oct 26th, '11, 08:21

I am starting up a Tea Blog.

http://theteadrinkersguidetothegalaxy.blogspot.com

I have just posted my introduction and would like to see some people following before my next post.

Let me know your thoughts or anywhere else I could let people know about this.

Thank you :)

Nov 10th, '11, 13:37

Re: The Tea Drinker's Guide to the Galaxy

by AlexZorach » Nov 10th, '11, 13:37

It looks like your blog is just getting started. It's hard to get a following when you don't have much of an established history as a blogger. Don't put the cart before the horse!

I blogged regularly for some time before I had much of a following, I had a history of several months of detailed posts before I started to get many people following my blog...that's normal; don't be discouraged. But now that I've been blogging for a couple years, I often am surprised at how quickly my subscriber count is increasing. I'd recommend to focus on quality posts, have something interesting to say, and follow other blogs. I see you're only following 1 blog...it's premature to expect a large following when your blog is new, when you're only following one blog!

Also consider networking with tea-related people on twitter! Write posts that address issues that other people raise, write about other people's sites and about posts on other blogs, and you will get people's attention.

You need to allow people some time to get to know you. Blogging is like a dialogue, a network of people all interconnected. It's not something where you can just say "follow my blog" and get people to subscribe. If you have something intelligent to say, people will start to follow your blog over time, and will start promoting your blog for you, without you having to do any work. Right now, I don't see the sort of content that would compel me to subscribe to your blog -- yet.

Just keep going, don't get discouraged though...and just don't expect too much too soon!

=) Good luck!

Nov 10th, '11, 13:40

Re: The Tea Drinker's Guide to the Galaxy

by AlexZorach » Nov 10th, '11, 13:40

Oh, just a quick recommendation of something that can get your attention, I recommend adding links to a few tea websites, tea blogs, or tea vendors, in the sidebar of your blog. This can get people's attention when they see your blog for the first time...for example, if you like Darjeeling teas, and you list a few highly reputable vendors with a focus on Darjeeling, you'll get the attention of people interested in this topic. Find whatever sites are most relevant to your interests, and you will attract subscribers who share your interests.

I also recommend adding a brief paragraph-long or even sentence-long bio, introducing yourself, and saying why you are blogging about tea.

This can help to establish legitimacy at a glance.

I'm personally more skeptical of new websites which don't identify much about who is running them and why they're running them, and I think many are!

Good luck!

+ Post Reply