Monday/Sunday TeaDay 11/13-14/11 Contemplating tea life?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

What do like to do most this time of year while sipping your tea?

Reading
10%
Listen to music
5%
Watch TV
2%
Take photos of my tea in my cup
No votes
Sit quietly contemplating every sip
12%
Computer stuff
17%
Hang out at TeaChat
7%
Share my tea with someone
10%
A hobby or craft
7%
Observe nature
5%
Other
2%
BONUS Yes
2%
Bonus No
17%
Bonus I don't think so
5%

Total votes: 42

Nov 13th, '11, 11:10
Scrolling: scrolling

Monday/Sunday TeaDay 11/13-14/11 Contemplating tea life?

by Chip » Nov 13th, '11, 11:10

Welcome everyone to TeaDay. Welcome to a Sunday TeaRoom discussion ... and an opportunity to learn a little about each other.

So, brew some tea, share what is in your cup today, and join our "TeaRoom."

Today's TeaRoom TeaPoll and discussion topic was contemplated during an 'inspiring tea sipping' of my morning guricha. What do like to do this time of year while sipping tea? Although the poll is for the most fave thing to do, please feel free to share some of your favorite companion things you do when tea is in your cup.

Bonus ... would your choice be different during another season of the year?

Let's get together for TeaDay today! I am looking forward to reading your posts on this interesting topic.
Bottoms up, refill, repeat often ...

Nov 13th, '11, 12:41

Re: Sunday TeaDay 11/13/11 Contemplating tea life?

by Stentor » Nov 13th, '11, 12:41

My favorite thing to do while drinking tea has got to be reading books!
It's just wonderful to sit back, have the tea and everything in order to prepare it ready at the table by your side and just relax, read, and casually take a sip as you live through the story.

I actually have certain teas and their respective flavours and smells that I associate with certain books or certain parts of a book.
When I have had a specific tea while reading a particular book and I don't drink that tea very regularly, I'm kind of taken back into the world of that book and think of its story. It's kind of nice :D

I try to find some time to do this a few times a week and can get a bit grumpy when I go a week without having had a chance to go through this little relaxation ritual :)

As for today's tea, I had O-Cha's excellent Kirishima Sencha "Gold" earlier and am about to make some of their new organic houjicha. I hope it's as good as the old one!
Unfortunately, I won't be able to sit back and read a novel while drinking it today. :x

Nov 13th, '11, 14:22

by Missdekitty » Nov 13th, '11, 14:22

95% of the time, I'm in front of the computer when I'm drinking my tea. I've made it a habit to prep my tea area and have the water heating before I sit down to ensure I have everything ready for my evening tea (which is mainly when I have tea.) I noticed if I don't do this ritual first, I lose track of time and end up not having tea. :(
Due to the cooler weather, I've found myself drinking more black teas and herbals. I'm feeling a bit under the weather today and felt like some Jasmine, so I'm finishing up my bag of Jasmine Phoenix Pearls from Adagio.

Nov 13th, '11, 14:28

by Herb_Master » Nov 13th, '11, 14:28

I drink mainly gong fu, so I can't read, or watch TV (I have not got a TV anyway :lol: )

If I do the whole infusions goes cold, everytime I get distracted.

Usually, sitting upstairs in my PC room

or sitting downstairs comtemplating, the tea, and life in general, or what nature is up to in the garden!

Nov 13th, '11, 14:51

by Chip » Nov 13th, '11, 14:51

While contemplating this cup of Guricha from Xell, I did this topic.

Guricha in Hagi SO 12 "Spirit"

Fave things however are to share a cup, contemplate nature, computer stuff, TeaChat. If only I could figure out how to brew and enjoy tea while riding bike ... :mrgreen:

It sounds nice reading a book with a cup, but I only read in bed ...

Nov 13th, '11, 15:09

by nrstooge » Nov 13th, '11, 15:09

I'm usually doing computer stuff and knitting. I can get a few stitches in if I'm chatting with friends, etc. Sometimes I put itunes on shuffle or watch TV too, just depends. Either way, I definitely enjoy.

Nov 13th, '11, 15:10

by Herb_Master » Nov 13th, '11, 15:10

Chip wrote:

Fave things however are to share a cup, contemplate nature, computer stuff, TeaChat. If only I could figure out how to brew and enjoy tea while riding bike ... :mrgreen:
Ride hard, ride furious, ride long

then you deserve a rest, on the crest of a brow, or beside a gurgling stream . . . .

unpack your saddle bags and make yourself a brew

It is no different to fell walkers having a brew in the summit cairn of a mighty peak, or halfway up besides a babbling beck.

Nov 13th, '11, 15:32

by bronzebed » Nov 13th, '11, 15:32

I love reading and listening to music. There is hardly a moment in my day when music is not on. I have a record player from the 80s and I put on some vinyl, snuggle under my fuzzy blanket and sip some tea. I try to get in some reading each day and I love to pick a tea that matches my book. Not tea, but now drinking: Apple Cider Guayusa.

Nov 13th, '11, 16:42

by Firemoss » Nov 13th, '11, 16:42

I liked your answer, Stentor. :)

I like silence with my tea...unless I'm sharing with my husband or a friend--and sometimes then, too.
It's hibernation time, here. -22C, snow-covered world. So I enjoy sitting near the big windows that overlook the meadow, watching the squirrels and birds and grouse. And maybe if I'm lucky, I get to see the resident wolf pack, a lynx, or a bison wander through.

Nov 14th, '11, 08:21

Re: Monday/Sunday TeaDay 11/13-14/11 Contemplating tea life?

by Chip » Nov 14th, '11, 08:21

Please continue to share 'your favorite things to do' while sipping your tea.

Nov 14th, '11, 09:03

by AdamMY » Nov 14th, '11, 09:03

I mostly hang out on Teachat, but occasionally I spend quite a bit of time grading. It all depends on how productive I want to be.

Nov 14th, '11, 11:20

by bryan_drinks_tea » Nov 14th, '11, 11:20

Most of the time when I brew, I sit. Other people will come and go and maybe they'll enjoy a cup, but they know to be quiet...or else... :twisted:

Nov 14th, '11, 13:24

by JRS22 » Nov 14th, '11, 13:24

I have developed the bad habit of reading AND listening to the radio while drinking tea, BUT I do pause to focus as I sip my tea. In my cup this morning, the second half of my sample of 1980's Puerh Menghai Green Brick from the Mandarin Tearoom. Numerous wonderful steeps yesterday and today, with more to come this afternoon. The 'problem' with puerh is if I don't pay attention I'll miss all the subtle changes from one steep to the next.

Nov 14th, '11, 21:20
Vendor Member

by IPT » Nov 14th, '11, 21:20

I picked read a book. Because of my wife's condition, I cannot drink tea all evening as I once did, so when I come home from work, I go into my tea room, turn on some nice soothing music, light some incense, brew tea, and read. I do this for about an hour before preparing dinner for my wife and daughter. It is not much time, but really precious and theraputic for me. I am currently reading the Qing Dynasty "Sequel to Classic of Tea", written in the Qing Dynasty.

Nov 14th, '11, 21:38

by FlyedPiper » Nov 14th, '11, 21:38

I like hanging out on TeaChat, particularly when there's folks talking in the IM box. Kind of like shooting the breeze and having a cup of tea in real life, although I don't have to worry about being a good host, since everyone comes to my house to drink my tea :| .

Lately I've started playing the ukulele and drinking tea whilst doing my online lessons. Having a blast with it :mrgreen: .

Had some kuradashi gyokuro sencha-style today, followed by some sencha superior from the same vendor and topped off with an unknown taiwanese oolong (it was gifted to me). I though it was a hong shui at first but I think it might be some kind of taiwanese style yancha. Not bad...