Teavana's Traumatizing & Treachous Tactics

Completely off the Topic of Tea

Re: Teavana's Traumatizing & Treachous Tactics

Postby JRS22 » Dec 26th, '10, 23:09

SlientSipper wrote:As a side note to the Horror of Teavana.
I frequent my local China town. They have two tea stores that sell some of the traditional teas at a much much much lower price. Those Jasmine Pearls for instance. In China town its $5 for a pound. At teavana its $6.50 for 2 ounces.

$5 a pound is too good to be true - it's probably artificially scented tea. Even $6.50 for 2 ounces isn't high - but it might not be the best value compared to other vendors.
JRS22

Postby SlientSipper » Dec 26th, '10, 23:12

I tasted them both. They taste exactly the same. It may have been a little bit less/more.
SlientSipper

Postby shoelover_03 » Nov 14th, '11, 03:25

this makes me very nervous and sad. I just got hired as a barista at Teavana and i signed up for direct deposit. Everybody there is super nice and the manager is organized and capable, but is this kind of thing about forgotten paychecks to be expected from corporate? And should I switch back to paper checks?
shoelover_03

Postby SlientSipper » Nov 14th, '11, 23:40

shoelover_03 wrote:this makes me very nervous and sad. I just got hired as a barista at Teavana and i signed up for direct deposit. Everybody there is super nice and the manager is organized and capable, but is this kind of thing about forgotten paychecks to be expected from corporate? And should I switch back to paper checks?

As I recall they cheerfully denied anyone paper checks. They vibrantly insisted that checks be direct deposit.

Best of luck to you.
SlientSipper

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions