Is there a difference between these two teas?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Nov 19th, '11, 14:39

Is there a difference between these two teas?

by Gideoneer » Nov 19th, '11, 14:39

http://www.amazon.com/Rishi-Tea-Organic ... 136&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Rishi-Tea-Organic ... 136&sr=1-5

One is just the leaves, the other is pearls. Do you think there's a difference in taste? The pearls are quite a bit more expensive. I'm assuming they're using the same leaves, right? just fold them, hence the more expensive price?

Nov 19th, '11, 15:58
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Is there a difference between these two teas?

by Chip » Nov 19th, '11, 15:58

Jasmine pearls are almost always much better IMHO. They offer a bit of entertainment as well as they unfurl, often revealing a perfect leaf set and/or bud.

The pearls seem smoother and sweeter ... though I have not had Rishi's.

But even the other one looks pretty good compared to most Jasmine teas I have seen. But is is a bit hard to tell from a staged photo.

Nov 19th, '11, 21:56

by JRS22 » Nov 19th, '11, 21:56

The pearls are usually made from a budset - two leaves and a bud, I believe - which is a better quality tea than used in the other jasmine. Also, the pearl shape holds in the jasmine scenting better than loose leaves.

My most recent Rishi jasmine purchase was the silver needles. That's my new favorite jasmine.

Nov 20th, '11, 03:45

by jan » Nov 20th, '11, 03:45

I would prefer the pears because the jasmine taste, compared to all the other jasmine teas I've tried is usually not as intense. It is much lighter and smoother.

This is just a general observation, not specific to this Rishi Tea. The price difference it also just $4, so I would go with the pearls.

Nov 20th, '11, 10:58

by Gideoneer » Nov 20th, '11, 10:58

jan wrote:I would prefer the pears because the jasmine taste, compared to all the other jasmine teas I've tried is usually not as intense. It is much lighter and smoother.

This is just a general observation, not specific to this Rishi Tea. The price difference it also just $4, so I would go with the pearls.
It's not really a $4 difference, notice the ounces for each. Much less tea in the pearls for the money

Nov 20th, '11, 11:05
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Nov 20th, '11, 11:05

... the pearls are around half the price compared to the Rishi site. Interesting ...

I am not a big fan of buying tea off of amazon though. Who knows how long they have had it, how it has been stored, etc.

+ Post Reply