Your avie ...

Completely off the Topic of Tea

Re: Your avie ...

Postby DarkenedSun » Sep 14th, '11, 11:16

Chip wrote:
SlientSipper wrote:my avie was taken from google.
but, I'm a small time smart gambler.
I often use my winnings to buy tea.

Hm, your avie has not been displayed on my 'puter for a few days ... ???
DarkenedSun wrote:Good for you! I was hit while cycling and never knew who the driver was. Thank goodness I wasn't too seriously hurt or killed. (One broken bone and many, many bruises) It can be really dangerous on the roads.

This was a very unusual situation to say the least. Pretty stupid of this guy to commit multiple crimes in front of so many witnesses.

I found out his formal charges are reckless endangerment, simple assualt, and harrassment ... all charges remain intact until he finishes the entire application process completely (cannot forget to dot an "i" or cross a "t" ... AND til he completes the 1 year program COMPLETELY. Should he slip up in any way, he will lose his ARD status and he goes to jail where a judge will not be pleased that he screwed up his program.

I am known to always be looking around ... I generally know what is coming ... as I did in this case. I knew he was a problem at first sighting ...

eh hem, what about your avie? :wink:

Oh, right... Well, I can't figure out what I want my avvie to be so I picked a picture I thought was funny that my friend posted on one of those social networking sites. :wink:
DarkenedSun

Postby tropicanahana » Oct 12th, '11, 21:53

My avatar was taken at the Charleston Tea Plantation. I was walking through the tea bushes and I picked a branch to take home because my dad had the power to re-generate it, so now Im growing a backyard tea bush! In 10 years it will be the backyard tea plantation lol.
tropicanahana

Postby BioHorn » Oct 14th, '11, 21:22

tropicanahana wrote:My avatar was taken at the Charleston Tea Plantation. I was walking through the tea bushes and I picked a branch to take home because my dad had the power to re-generate it, so now Im growing a backyard tea bush! In 10 years it will be the backyard tea plantation lol.

I would like to have the power of regeneration!
Nice story. Thanks.
BioHorn

Postby p_funk » Oct 19th, '11, 09:43

Mine is simply the soccer team I root for.
p_funk

Postby vacuithe » Oct 19th, '11, 11:02

Mine is a teacup (photographed while sun rays where highlighting the liquor)
Attachments
Tuo10_2.JPG
Tuo10_2.JPG (28.52 KiB) Viewed 890 times
vacuithe

Postby p_funk » Oct 19th, '11, 16:14

That is cool looking vacuithe
p_funk

Postby IPT » Oct 19th, '11, 21:32

OH what a spectacular photo!
IPT
Vendor Member

Postby Chip » Oct 19th, '11, 21:50

Yeah, for this avie I should change the restrictions to 300 X 600 pixels for an avie! Really cool TeaPhoto.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby vacuithe » Oct 20th, '11, 07:13

Thanks ! :oops:
The puerh in this teacup was spectacular too !
vacuithe

Postby nrstooge » Nov 12th, '11, 16:41

I finally added one. This is one of my many coasters that I have crochet - and yes, they are all red (as if there was any other color) :D
nrstooge

Postby IPT » Nov 12th, '11, 22:52

That is a beautiful coaster. It almost looks like a snowflake. Very Christmassy.
IPT
Vendor Member

Postby Marco » Nov 26th, '11, 16:22

Mine is a picture of the village I origin from. Home in winter. :)
Marco

Postby Chip » Jul 2nd, '13, 15:42

A very ... anxious ... stressful day prompting me to return to my biking avie ... a sign of defiance maybe.

Today I was (officially) diagnosed with Chronic Post Traumatic Stress Disorder related to the aforementioned road-rage incident.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Jul 2nd, '13, 16:03

Chip wrote:A very ... anxious ... stressful day prompting me to return to my biking avie ... a sign of defiance maybe.

Today I was (officially) diagnosed with Chronic Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ... :?

Chip,

I hadn't read this thread until you posted here. Ksyriums...great wheels! I have the same on the bike I built last year, a Bianchi steel frame. I am sorry to read of the long past loss of your bike. If you don't mind answering, is the p.t.s.d. in relationship to the bike incident?

I sincerely offer you empathy and celebrate your courage and openness as you share with the community here what is today alive for you. Reading your post I imagine many emotions arise for you in light of this diagnosis. I imagine anxiety and concern and perhaps a sense of mourning/loss is alive for you today. I also imagine you are feeling curious and maybe even fearful of what the road ahead may hold and what the significance of this diagnosis is for you. I imagine there may be too some relief from having an "official" diagnosis to describe what I guess must be various likely outcomes/effects of c.p.t.s.d. I hear in your post a resolution toward healing, toward being whole and identify an apparent need to remain strong ("a sign of defiance."). I read this post and feel concern for you and recognize a need in me to extend whatever hope and wishes for support I can offer across the distance, written here in this space. I send you empathy and warmth and wish for you grace and ease this day and every day after!

Blessings!
茶藝-TeaArt08

Postby Chip » Jul 4th, '13, 00:05

Thank you!

Thank you, TeaFriends. I will overcome. Besides, I've got "fix-all," the magical potion. :mrgreen:

I did want to stress that my post is not a cry for help, just letting everyone know that I am going through some stuff ... and perhaps to explain if I have been a bit different. I know I have been much more reserved on TeaChat.
Chip
Mod/Admin

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions