Official what White/Yellow are you drinking right now?

White and yellow teas are among the most subtle.

Oct 6th, '11, 03:30

Re: What White/Yellow are you drinking right now?

by iheartea » Oct 6th, '11, 03:30

I am usually a sencha/shincha aficionado, but I have been feeling a need for a little variety in my beverages lately.

I enjoy looking around in the Teavana stores whenever I stumble into one in my travels. They were sampling a blend called Youthberry and oh, was it ever delicious. The aroma was simply divine.

Oct 8th, '11, 01:21

by SlientSipper » Oct 8th, '11, 01:21

iheartea wrote:I am usually a sencha/shincha aficionado, but I have been feeling a need for a little variety in my beverages lately.

I enjoy looking around in the Teavana stores whenever I stumble into one in my travels. They were sampling a blend called Youthberry and oh, was it ever delicious. The aroma was simply divine.

You wouldn't say that after you see how "clean" the containers are.
Take it from someone from the inside. You do not want to affiliate yourself with this "company"

Ahem.

I am drinking Pai Mu Tan, (Bai Mu Dan?) with an herbal twist.
the herb is elder flower. They mix nicely. Quite possibly the only worthwhile tea I purchased from Plymouth.

Nov 22nd, '11, 16:09

by chado.my.teaway » Nov 22nd, '11, 16:09

Meng Ding Huang Ya - "Yellow shoots from Meng Ding mountain" - himself the founder of the world "chado" monk Wu Li Zhen himself from his pedestal in the misty mountainside monastery Meng guarding the quality of this fabulous tea.

It was before his statue were dispelled the last doubts, during an expedition to the Tea Association of Friends of the far Sichuan.

Tea is a unique, its origins shrouded in legends production dates back to 2000 years ago when China's Han dynasty reigned.

Who wants to try this tea should be in a hurry - Meng Ding goes to Europe in small quantities, and production of yellow tea requires great knowledge and arduous work. Lightly oxide leaves are devoid of strong grassy flavor similar known green teas.

The taste is slightly sweet, slightly floral with a distinctive silky smooth and delicate nutty flavor.

it is impossible to understand?

Nov 28th, '11, 00:56

by wh&yel-apprentice » Nov 28th, '11, 00:56

chado.my.teaway wrote:
Meng Ding Huang Ya - "Yellow shoots from Meng Ding mountain" - himself the founder of the world "chado" monk Wu Li Zhen himself from his pedestal in the misty mountainside monastery Meng guarding the quality of this fabulous tea.

It was before his statue were dispelled the last doubts, during an expedition to the Tea Association of Friends of the far Sichuan.

Tea is a unique, its origins shrouded in legends production dates back to 2000 years ago when China's Han dynasty reigned.

Who wants to try this tea should be in a hurry - Meng Ding goes to Europe in small quantities, and production of yellow tea requires great knowledge and arduous work. Lightly oxide leaves are devoid of strong grassy flavor similar known green teas.

The taste is slightly sweet, slightly floral with a distinctive silky smooth and delicate nutty flavor.
^there, fixed :)
I seek not to understand all the answers, but to understand the questions.

Nov 30th, '11, 18:09

by chado.my.teaway » Nov 30th, '11, 18:09

damn. so bad?

it is possible to understand? - sorry;p

Nov 30th, '11, 18:27
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Nov 30th, '11, 18:27

... I am lost ... :?

Dec 5th, '11, 10:39

by lewiswharf » Dec 5th, '11, 10:39

Silver Needle, and after trying a few others it's worth the extra money to buy.

Dec 8th, '11, 05:09

by needaTEAcher » Dec 8th, '11, 05:09

Yunnan Silver Needles in a cheap duanni pot that was seasoned with and for Wuyi rock tea. Surprisingly, pretty solid. The pot killed a little of the flowery, tasty Silver Needles mojo, but added something to it, kind of fruity almost...

Jan 22nd, '12, 18:27

by debunix » Jan 22nd, '12, 18:27

Enjoying some Jin Shan Yin Zhen from Dragon Tea House. This tea keeps working it's way to the back of my tea cabinet, because I go in there thinking "I want a green tea" or "I feel like oolong now" and since I only have one yellow tea, I forget it's there. Then I pull it out, review my tasting notes, and brew some up and remember how lovely it is. Sweet, mellow, a little like a green, a white and an oolong all at once. I'd like to compare this one head to head with the Kamairicha's I tried this summer from Yuuki-cha--they had a similar quality of blending several wonderful tea essences. But I have several more packets of sencha to work my way through before I can make another Yuuki-cha order.

Jan 22nd, '12, 18:38

by woozl » Jan 22nd, '12, 18:38

I love the Mending yellow.
This is my source.
Unfortunately they didn't get any green Mending this year. :cry:
http://www.teatrekker.com/shop/mengding ... qing-ming/

Feb 9th, '12, 13:48

by Karl » Feb 9th, '12, 13:48

I recently sampled silver needle, snowbud, white symphony, and bai mudan. I enjoyed bai mudan for its dark taste. White symphony which has more leaf buds in comparison was a little too sweet. I didn't care for silver needle. Snowbud had a vegetable taste. Will have to try lowering the temperature for the remaining leaves to see how it fares. I'd like to give shou mei a shot later down the road.

Mar 1st, '12, 13:16
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Official what White/Yellow are you drinking right now?

by Dinahsaur » Mar 1st, '12, 13:16

Indulged in some delicious Bai Mu Dan from Tea Vivre this morning. I'm still pretty new to really tasting white teas, so it's fun to experience the crisp flavors and the almost sharp sweetness.

Mar 2nd, '12, 12:44

by chado.my.teaway » Mar 2nd, '12, 12:44

White tea comes from plantation situated in Malawi, Central and East Africa. This is a hand-picked tea and processed, and what an interesting endeavor is made from coiled flash. The pearls have a regular shape, color from light to dark green and strong smell.
All white tea from the plantation Satemwa are special and unique, produced in small quantities, and thus difficult to access. Satemwa Tea Estate is the only African manufacturer of white tea.
Light green brew with a pleasant malt aroma and flavor as sweet.

Mar 9th, '12, 21:55

by debunix » Mar 9th, '12, 21:55

Almost at the end of a bag of 'Snow Dragon' Yunnan white tea from Norbu, I had the best infusion yet just now. I started cooler than I usually do, 140 degrees, with excellent floral/fruity notes resulting, much better than the two prior sessions today started at 160 degrees. It really rewards this more delicate handling.

Mar 11th, '12, 18:36

by debunix » Mar 11th, '12, 18:36

Ya Bao wild Camellia buds from Norbu this afternoon, very fruity and floral and nice with some fruit for dessert.

+ Post Reply