Quality loose leaf vendors in Hyderabad, India

Culture, language, tangibles, intangibles from countries known for tea. China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, India, etc...

Jun 29th, '11, 04:42

Quality loose leaf vendors in Hyderabad, India

by Teja » Jun 29th, '11, 04:42

Not sure if this is the best section but here goes...

I'm currently on vacation at the moment visiting family/friends/relatives in India. I will primarily be in Hyderabad. Given my love for tea, I figured it would be a good idea to check out some vendors in the area for loose leaf tea.

As much as I'd love to head up to Assam or Darjeeling for authentic vendors, I simply don't have the time or resources.

Anyone know of quality loose leaf vendors in Hyderabad? Please keep recommendations within the city itself. Traffic makes it a nightmare to go anywhere within the city (let alone outside the city).

Jun 29th, '11, 23:46
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Quality loose leaf vendors in Hyderabad, India

by rdl » Jun 29th, '11, 23:46

teja,
i am sorry i don't have any suggestions for you but as you're on a tea adventure, bringing alone a camera and posting your photographs i know will widen my tea horizons.
good luck, i do hope someone replies with helpful information.

Jun 30th, '11, 00:44

by Teja » Jun 30th, '11, 00:44

Rdl,

Thanks for the reply. Since I'm not exactly visiting tea gardens, there wouldn't be a whole lot to photograph. :P

However, if I get a recommendations for great shops to visit and there is something noteworthy to photograph, I'll be sure to take some and post em.

That being said, I'm still interested in recommendations. :) I've tried Googling for shops, but received mostly all listings and no reviews. And none of the stores seem to have a website so it's hard to determine if the shops even sell loose leaf tea (let alone quality tea)

Thanks!

Jun 30th, '11, 01:03

by SlientSipper » Jun 30th, '11, 01:03

I've never been to India but, I've been to a tea capital in Japan and I noticed that tea stores AWAY from Uji sell matcha and teas at a much cheaper price.
so my advice is to check the market places and buy something on the high end side.
MAYBE something good will be there.

Jun 30th, '11, 12:33
Scrolling: scrolling

by rdl » Jun 30th, '11, 12:33

http://173.201.26.142/food/cafes-a-dess ... -hyderabad

i did a quick google search and the Finjaan Tea Shop & Lounge in Hyderabad did get an interesting review. i understand that you won't be in the tea fields, but the urban tea shop/vendor is also interesting to see.
- enjoy.

Dec 5th, '11, 16:52

by markhenry115 » Dec 5th, '11, 16:52

what did you liked in that tea ? can you please tell us !

+ Post Reply