Greetings from Sunny SoCal

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Nov 26th, '11, 21:45

Greetings from Sunny SoCal

by Chasen » Nov 26th, '11, 21:45

As an Irish-American child, I had my fill of generic orange pekoe tea. As an adult, I began to taste and play. Then a native Chinese work-friend served tea to me at her home in Chinese "Tea Ceremony" style. The tea was incredibly rich and wonderful and the event was reminiscent of a fine cognac or bourbon tasting event. Right then I realized there was a lot more to tea than I had ever glimpsed. That was a while ago, and yet this is my first foray into serious tea drinking, although I did spend almost 10 years practicing Japanese Tea Ceremony, so I am not a stranger to Matcha. I have recently been online searching tea sites (obviously, but, amazingly, I never knew such sites existed!). So now all bets are off--I'm going with the flow and wherever this journey takes me. I'm looking forward to this adventure of tasting and learning, and hoping to get to know some of you along the way. Cheers!

Nov 26th, '11, 21:49
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Greetings from Sunny SoCal

by Chip » Nov 26th, '11, 21:49

Hi Chasen, welcome to TeaChat! I am looking forward to seeing you around the forum!

Enjoy the TeaJourney ... wherever it takes you.

Dec 5th, '11, 02:02

by Voort » Dec 5th, '11, 02:02

Welcome to TeaChat!

Dec 5th, '11, 23:52

by Dresden » Dec 5th, '11, 23:52

Welcome aboard, Chasen!

Dec 6th, '11, 15:14

by debunix » Dec 6th, '11, 15:14

Welcome from another southern California-based TeaChatter. Enjoying some sencha now, and prepping some oolong for the afternoon clinic. Have fun with the forum, and do share what's in your cup in TeaDay.

+ Post Reply